Burger King just proposed the unthinkable

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Burger King just proposed the unthinkable

Other than Coke-vs.-Pepsi, I can't think of a fiercer food company rivalry than McDonald's-vs.-Burger King. Because of this, I was astounded to see that Burger King has asked McDonald's to join it in creating a super sandwich to celebrate International Day of Peace called the McWhopper.

"Burger King genuinely wants to unite with McDonald's on September 21st, 2015 to prepare and serve the McWhopper to get the world talking about Peace Day", Burger King writes on the McWhopper website.

Burger King has several different ideas for how to execute this plan, including having the McWhopper available in one pop-up store in Atlanta, which just happens to be the midway point between McDonald's headquarters in Chicago and Burger King's headquarters in Miami. The company has even put together a proposed burger that would combine the Big Mac and the Whopper into one gigantic burger that will be known as the McWhopper (I assume the marketers wisely considered and rejected the title "Big Whop" for this project).

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Heart Attacks at the ready! Murica!

it ain't happenin'. plus mcdonalds' response was douchier than can be expected.

mcwhopper%20response_780x715.jpg

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I would love a McWhopper! Fuck you McDonalds

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
McDonald's is a shitshow garbage turdburger

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The entire response from McDonalds was asshole condescension. I should know. I write shit like that all the time.

It was akin to Patrick Bateman correcting his table guests on the severity of the conflict between Sikhs and Israelis in Sri Lanka...

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
wow I go to mcdonalds but rarely and only for breakfast but after reading that response dont think I'll ever go there again.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
They should have reached out to Taco Bell.

Whopper Grande!

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
BK: "Do you like me: check yes or no"
McD: "lulz. No. Loser."

Also, aren't the whopper and Big Mac officially each chains worst item now? Mac Sauce is...ok. But, the thin burger, 2 pound bund and head of lettuce...it feels like a carb salad. Gross.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
BK: "Do you like me: check yes or no"
McD: "lulz. No. Loser."

Also, aren't the whopper and Big Mac officially each chains worst item now? Mac Sauce is...ok. But, the thin burger, 2 pound bund and head of lettuce...it feels like a carb salad. Gross.
Not to mention that BK already copied the Big Mac. It's called the Big King.

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
Yeahhh...that was a pretty lame response to a fun idea...I mean jesus, at the end of the day they're serving shit food, have some fun with it at least...

Jarofmayo

Morden's Lackey
it ain't happenin'. plus mcdonalds' response was douchier than can be expected.

mcwhopper%20response_780x715.jpg
Way to ruin an awesome idea by giving it what your food gives it's customers. Big old bowl of the hershey squirts.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
BK>McD
When I was into the FAST FOOD phase.BURGER KING OVER MCDONALD's without question.
BB

AlexKidd86

Overtop Pathfinder
That would have been a cool idea if McDonald's didn't suck. I usually choose Wendy's over both though, mainly for the Frosty's.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Yeah, I assumed for at least the last decade that Wendy's was the number 2. Maybe that's just because it's Ohio? There's like 2 BKs within a 10 mile radius of me and they're both dirty as fuck, sticky and empty every time I've ever been in one.

I actually had McDs for the first time in probably 2 years this past week. Breakfast was still alright but the Double Cheeseburger I had was horrible and at least 50% of the fries I got were those inedible rock hard sliver pieces.

Whatever they all suck.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Sounds like a way to boost sales because many people are rejecting their shitty food these days.

DragonmasterDan

King's Dry Cleaner
From what I recall Burger King already has a knock off Big Mac called a Big King, and McDonalds has a knock off Whopper called the Big N Tasty. So why both chains couldn't just make their own combination is beyond me.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Honestly I hope enough backlash from the fast food faggots cause McD's CEO to lose his job. God knows faggoty Americans have caused bigger problems from things that has been less said.