Bullshit of the Day

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
What bullshit have you heard today that made you want to just slap someone silly? Here's mine:

So we are in class, and we're discussing about national memories concerning WWII... blah blah blah. Anyway some guy who constantly mumbles to himself and goes on about shit says that his grandma lived in Indonesia during the war. The Japs come in, fuck everyone up, and she has to flee to Australia.

So far, so good. There's no problem with this. However, he says his grandma has not eaten rice since WWII (I think she's old as shit now) because she hates Japs so much. So I immediately think this is stupid, start asking him the ins and outs of this, making it obvious that I think he's full of shit.

Then, after 10 minutes of him going on about a completely unrelated matter, I point out that she has never eaten risotto or paella or rice pudding. What about noodles?

I don't know about you guys, but this fucking pissed me off. Either he is making up a shitty story to try and sound cool in class, or his grandma is a fucking stupid cunt.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Having some dumb mother from Caterpillar bug me about a stupid single data location quote for a week (he waited a whopping 24 hrs before bitching to the owner of the company that I haven't got him his precious quote yet). I have to make a 2hr drive to get to their plant in order to walk the place and find out what it will take to run the lines (something I cannot simply guess figuring they have 14 data closets and 30'+ tall ceilings). I then take the time to make a quote.

3 damn days later I get an email from the idiot telling me they have chosen a different location for the drops and want to me to once again drive up there to look at a completely different area...

Fuck, I hate Cat-rats...most of them are the worst combo of self-appointed entitlement, arrogance, and stupidity...

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
What does rice have to do with Japanrape?

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
That's the point: it's a stupid stance to take.

I hate Germans, therefore I eat no sausages... :scratch:

Sounds completely logical..... seriously though that old lady and her kin are probably all nuts.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Yesterday, we did a small product demonstration for a customer of our special hand grenades meant for marking criminals and riot control. They are filled with paintballs that contain SmartPowder developed by one of our partners. It's UV-reactive and cannot be removed from clothing while it can be rubbed away from your skin, at least superficially, but the UV-reactive nano particles will stick to your skin for quite a while.

Ok, so the guy drives in with his big-ass CL500 Mercedes. It had snowed for the past two days so there was lots of snow and mud at the factory... he jumps out of his car in a fancy suit and Italian leather slippers, and BAM, slips and lands flat on his face... that was act one. We helped him to clean himself and went on to show him our products.

Before the demo I gave him proper protection gear, helmet, goggles and one of those white disposable overalls but he refused to wear it. "I'm a pro, mate", etc... I told him that he won't get the dye out of his clothes again should he get hit but Mr. Pro wouldn't listen, he even lifted the barrier tape we used to mark the dangerous area and went in there.

Well... what can I say, I threw the first grenade and Pro Dude got a big splash of orange stuff on his suit. Got angry and tried to rub it off, to no avail. He told us that he'd send us the laundry bill...

Today we got an email with some PDFs attached, Pro Dude sent in the bill of his tailor for the suit - 1050 fucking Euros, can you believe that...

In short, he acted like an idiot and now wants us to pay for his ruined suit. We've transferred the case to our lawyer, I'd be really pissed if we have to pay for this shit.

Undefined

Pope Sazae's fake account
Today I bought a license for QuickBooks Premier 2016 from CDW, who I do a LOT of business with, for $277. Ok, that's fine and a normal price for the license which they promptly emailed me. However they charged me $12.99 for shipping... they emailed me the license. I asked my sales rep why was there a shipping charge on an emailed license and his answer was honest enough that I no longer care about the charge, he said "I don't know". If he gave me some BS sales reason and made shit up I would have complained but his honesty made me fine with it. During this conversation I brought up to him why does the QuickBooks box cost $554 when the license is $277, literally the only difference is you get a printed license and an installation disc. I told him the install software is free on the Intuit website and all you need is the license to get it all going so why is a box, sheet of paper, and a cd going for nearly $300 more. Again I got an honest answer of "I have no idea" which satisfied me since it let me know that at least my salesman isn't trying to BS me much more than they are required to do.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
What bullshit have you heard today that made you want to just slap someone silly? Here's mine:

So we are in class, and we're discussing about national memories concerning WWII... blah blah blah. Anyway some guy who constantly mumbles to himself and goes on about shit says that his grandma lived in Indonesia during the war. The Japs come in, fuck everyone up, and she has to flee to Australia.

So far, so good. There's no problem with this. However, he says his grandma has not eaten rice since WWII (I think she's old as shit now) because she hates Japs so much. So I immediately think this is stupid, start asking him the ins and outs of this, making it obvious that I think he's full of shit.

Then, after 10 minutes of him going on about a completely unrelated matter, I point out that she has never eaten risotto or paella or rice pudding. What about noodles?

I don't know about you guys, but this fucking pissed me off. Either he is making up a shitty story to try and sound cool in class, or his grandma is a fucking stupid cunt.

What does the rest of the class think?

I've found even if its dumb as shit, if someone brings into an argument an emotional trauma, they win. An emotional argument simply asks people to empathize and form an emotional connection. A logical argument requests that you submit to the other's intellectual authority.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Yesterday, we did a small product demonstration for a customer of our special hand grenades meant for marking criminals and riot control. They are filled with paintballs that contain SmartPowder developed by one of our partners. It's UV-reactive and cannot be removed from clothing while it can be rubbed away from your skin, at least superficially, but the UV-reactive nano particles will stick to your skin for quite a while.

Ok, so the guy drives in with his big-ass CL500 Mercedes. It had snowed for the past two days so there was lots of snow and mud at the factory... he jumps out of his car in a fancy suit and Italian leather slippers, and BAM, slips and lands flat on his face... that was act one. We helped him to clean himself and went on to show him our products.

Before the demo I gave him proper protection gear, helmet, goggles and one of those white disposable overalls but he refused to wear it. "I'm a pro, mate", etc... I told him that he won't get the dye out of his clothes again should he get hit but Mr. Pro wouldn't listen, he even lifted the barrier tape we used to mark the dangerous area and went in there.

Well... what can I say, I threw the first grenade and Pro Dude got a big splash of orange stuff on his suit. Got angry and tried to rub it off, to no avail. He told us that he'd send us the laundry bill...

Today we got an email with some PDFs attached, Pro Dude sent in the bill of his tailor for the suit - 1050 fucking Euros, can you believe that...

In short, he acted like an idiot and now wants us to pay for his ruined suit. We've transferred the case to our lawyer, I'd be really pissed if we have to pay for this shit.

The fact that you work somewhere that makes hand grenades is awesome so let's get that out of the way first. And to address your story, awesome that you ruined that guys suit. Sounds like a real Dbag anyways so congratulations!

Mac91

10 Year Member
What does the rest of the class think?

They were staying out of it. I think when it gets personal/emotional, people just accept it or don't want to rock the boat.

But rule #1 of life for me is: never accept the bullshit.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

That is cool as hell.

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
I had a class issue not long ago.

We were discussing a case about a guy who was shot by a cop. Was ruled suicide by cop, so the family sued the mental health hospital that he was released from. The family cited various reasons, but they were all on an emotional level. The hospital settled the case per protocol to avoid publicity. In the class, one person decided to make it about how a family member of hers was shot by a cop, so they should get 250K to settle the case. I know for a fact the case in question was settled for far less than 50K.

The entire class was irritated by this one person making it about her situation, which had nothing to do with the case. Furthermore, she had no clue what she was talking about in terms of the mental health professionals or their protocol for making a decision on when a patient is released. She kept getting louder and I had enough. I told her that she was wrong, and needed to move on. I would be more than happy to fill in the gaps for her at a later time.

In the end, it was made clear that I was right. Just the irritation of hearing grown people talk out of their asses is enough to get me fired up.

Mac91

10 Year Member
In the end, it was made clear that I was right. Just the irritation of hearing grown people talk out of their asses is enough to get me fired up.

I don't mind it when certain people are talking shit. It's all about motive. Take a family friend of ours, he lies all the time. Sometime we rag on him about it when it's getting out of hand, but he doesn't mean bad by it. I think he's just worried about not being accepted or whatever. It's the people that do it just to show off or be the centre of attention that really piss me off.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I'm guessing all ties with him are cut then, right? Like if he wanted to buy from you guys again, would you sell?

Well, it looks like the issue will be decided in court so I guess there will be no more business with him. It wasn't all that hot anyway, he came to our booth two years ago at the IWA fair in Nuremberg/Germany and placed an order for a pack of 150 of our smoke screens and only ordered one additional pack since then so it's not that we'd lose a lot of money.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Which is why you're going to court over 1050 euros. It may end up being cheaper to settle.

Yeah, you got a point there, that's what our lawyer said as well. The thing is that we do not intend to give in to what is just pure stupidity. The fact that our special dye is virtually impossible to remove from clothing is one of its core features and the guy expressly wanted us to demonstrate it. Well, he got more of it than he probably wanted but that sure as hell is not our fault, he knew what he was getting into and would have come out without a single drop on his posh suit if he would have worn the disposable overall, as simple as that.

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
Yeah, you got a point there, that's what our lawyer said as well. The thing is that we do not intend to give in to what is just pure stupidity. The fact that our special dye is virtually impossible to remove from clothing is one of its core features and the guy expressly wanted us to demonstrate it. Well, he got more of it than he probably wanted but that sure as hell is not our fault, he knew what he was getting into and would have come out without a single drop on his posh suit if he would have worn the disposable overall, as simple as that.

You will most likely win the case, and in turn he will look stupid yet again. There is some value in that as well :)

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
We get customers calling in on the day or the day before they want to relocate their PABX/phone system, handsets and worse yet their telephone lines from one address to another. I'm sorry but 1. We're booked out, you need to give us notice. 2. we have not seen your new premises so we have no idea if moving your gear will work there. This is often overlooked. 3. your telephone services may take a week or more to organise moving and if not in the same area may require entirely new services and numbers along with them with redirections for the old numbers to the new.

But we're the ones who can't provide the service they need. Fuck you.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Literally 90% of my meetings are useless.

I need to be in the paint grenade business instead.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member

She probably has eaten rice, as some processed food has rice in it (rice flour, rice starch, rice noodles, rice vinegar, etc).
A lot of people say they never eat a certain food, but it's in the processed food they eat. The only way to really control what you eat is to cook it all from scratch by yourself, or read the labels (which hardly anyone does).

Last edited: