Building a MAME Cab.

SpotlightSinner

Kuroko's Training Dummy
What do I need to build a MAME cab?
I know I need a cheap CPU, but what are the min. Requirements to run MAME FLAWLESSLY

Recommend a Cab that I can use, 2 arcade sticks that rock. And a cheap Linux or Windows based CPU that i can use.

Thanks.

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Your being way too vauge. Please be a bit more specific.

If you really want to run mame flawlessly you will need a 4GHZ machine as certain games are behomaths (Cruising USA for example). But overall if you got a 1.8Ghz (I have a 1.2Ghz and have not had any problems) you should not really have any problems if you have enough RAM (512 works great).

As far as what cab? You confuse me. ANY cab will work as you will end up modding it. There are easier ways to go about this though.

I would recomend that you get a JAMMA cab. Then all you need to do is buy a ArcadeVGA (www.ultimarc.com) and install it on your PC. Then buy a J-PAC (www.ultimarc.com) and connect it up to the ArcadeVGA and then plug it into JAMMA adaptor in your JAMMA cab. BAM! Insta MAME cab.

There are more difficult ways to do it as well. Do a google search for PC2Jamma for that.

With the ArcadeVGA you can also use any windows program and the like. Such as Doujin Fighters, Doujin Shmups, PS1 Emu, Genny Emu... ECT.

-Regards

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
IF you're serious, I have an all-in-one box which you may want. All this box needs is to be plugged into a JAMMA harness. (a cabinet)

Displays at 15khz via video card also.

SpotlightSinner

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Well, I want to run these following platforms:

CPS I
CPS II
Neo-geo

So, it doesnt take that much processing power do those. How much are you selling the box for Vanilla Thunder?

SpotlightSinner

Kuroko's Training Dummy
UPDATE:
Okay, I just got an box and a normal VGA monitor that i am going to use.
How can I put this in a Cab properly? What kind of cab should I use?

SpotlightSinner

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Woah, I have been lurking around here for a while, I just wanted to ask this question because I think that you guys would know some things about making MAME cabs.

I am no pirate.