Brutal DOOM

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Late to teh part maybe, but iv just discovered this and wow what a mod.

After downloading DOOM GLES for the OUYA and running all the WADS through it I decided to have a gander at Brutal DOOM for the PC and what a mod it is.

For anyone thats into FPS and for me DOOM is still one that I personally play today and one of my all time faves, do yourself a fovour and download this its fucking AWESOME!!

Last edited:

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member

After downloading DOOM GLES for the OUYA and running all the WADS through it I decided to have a gander at Brutal DOOM for the PC and what a mod it is.

For anyone thats into FPS and for me DOOM is still one that I personally play today and one of my all time faves, do yourself a fovour and download this its fucking AWESOME!!

How about a link?

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Very cool mod to Doom, but you can just play Serious Sam and get the same experience in a better engine.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

It is a excellent doom mod. I've had a shit ton of fun with already.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
yea id like a link as well... also cant wait til serious sam 4 comes out in 2015!

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Very cool mod to Doom, but you can just play Serious Sam and get the same experience in a better engine.

1GnVW7e.gif

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
You need to appreciate the classic more and don't compare them to trash from the balkans.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
How is this even a serious discussion? Doom is a classic and pretty much launched the FPS genre with Wolf3D. Serious Sam is fun enough, but it brought nothing new to the party.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member

For anyone thats into FPS and for me DOOM is still one that I personally play today and one of my all time faves, do yourself a favour and download this its fucking AWESOME!!
What's new about Brutal Doom? Looks like some of the graphics are new, and some aren't.
Do you play using a mouse for control? Do you know which versions let you use a mouse?
I used to play Doom, but it got boring after beating Ultimate Doom and Doom 2 on Ultra-Violence. Can't say I've beaten Final Doom on Ultra-Violence though. Or there are ways to play Doom and Doom 2 on Nightmare (with fast enemies), but without respawning, so that it's harder than Ultra-Violence, but not impossible to beat.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Shut the fuck up. Are you blind or just retarded? Seriously, I'm curious.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Still waiting for that link.

Pantarou

Zero's Secretary
Brutal Doom is a funny mod. Even got my Brother to appreciate it, and he's not into classic shooters usually.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Looks pretty cool, especially the weapon/lighting effects and the enhanced gore. I've played DOOM to death, and my ancient PC probably couldn't handle this mod anyway (Pentium 3 550 mhz w/Windows NT operating system--yes, I still live in the dark ages), but I still think it's neat-o. I mostly use JDOOM.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Looks pretty cool, especially the weapon/lighting effects and the enhanced gore. I've played DOOM to death, and my ancient PC probably couldn't handle this mod anyway (Pentium 3 550 mhz w/Windows NT operating system--yes, I still live in the dark ages), but I still think it's neat-o. I mostly use JDOOM.
How do you even manage with a computer (and OS) that old? It belongs on the rubbish dump. At least it's NT (and not 98 or 95).

Last edited:

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
How do you even manage with a computer (and OS) that old? It belongs on the rubbish dump.

Says the guy who loves a console that was made pre-Windows NT....

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
How do you even manage with a computer (and OS) that old? It belongs on the rubbish dump.

Very poorly? :D I don't have internet at home, so, I mostly just use my PC for editing art and photos; maintaining records/spreadsheets of my finances, toy and game collections; web page design (in Microsoft Notepad); listening to music; and vintage gaming.