https://twitter.com/DAZN_USA?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Two more undercard fights before the main event

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Amir Khan stream:
https://twitter.com/DAZN_USA?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Two more undercard fights before the main event

Link doesn't seem to be working for me, is it possible to check and post again if there's an error please?

Edit - sorry, found it pal, back in the game.

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Khan almost got KO'd twice but otherwise won every round.

Pretty much as expected. Incredible talent, glass jaw.

If he tries to step up and take on a guy like Crawford, Thurman, Spence, Garcia, Porter, or Pacquiao he's going to get put to sleep. Hell, Garcia already did knock him out.

StevenK

10 Year Member
Khan almost got KO'd twice but otherwise won every round.

Pretty much as expected. Incredible talent, glass jaw.

If he tries to step up and take on a guy like Crawford, Thurman, Spence, Garcia, Porter, or Pacquiao he's going to get put to sleep. Hell, Garcia already did knock him out.

You can tell by the size of Khan's unbroken nose that he knows he absolutely cannot allow himself to be hit. The guy he just fought, however, clearly trades on soaking up head shots, I was surprised he made it through those middle rounds.

Decent stuff, but from the reports I wish I'd watched the US open final instead.

famicommander

15 Year Member
da real shit starts tonight anyway. The HBO card looks great but the Showtime card looks fucking fantastic.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
My boy La Hoya about to fight a Cuban now. Wouldn't put money on either fighter.
Up to now some enjoyable fights

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Garcia man...disappointing.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Great fight between Porter and Garcia.

Nietes got fucking hosed out of his world title in a 4th weight class. Judges somehow turned in a split draw.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Garcia has shown his inability to go the extra mile in the past so not surprised he didn't do it last night. I think having his dad be on top of him is just not paying dividends anymore. He needs a different mind frame.

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
Great fight between Porter and Garcia.

Nietes got fucking hosed out of his world title in a 4th weight class. Judges somehow turned in a split draw.

Nietes fight result was wack.
How the fuck were the judges score cards so off?

famicommander

15 Year Member
Finally goes down tomorrow.

Gennady Golovkin vs Canelo Alvarez for the unified WBA Super, WBC, IBO, Ring Magazine world middleweight championship

First, the undercard

Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez (46-2-0-0) vs Moises Fuentes (25-5-1-0), super flyweight

This is a good one. Gonzalez is a former #1 pound for pound fighter, and a four weight class world champion. Fuentes is a former two weight class world champion. I'll take Gonzalez by UD.

Gary "Spike" O'Sullivan (28-2-0-0) vs David Lemieux (39-4-0-0), 12 rounds, WBA middleweight eliminator (winner is a mandatory challenger)

I don't think either of these guys are close to being elite at middleweight, but they're both one dimensional in a way that should make for an entertaining fight. They both tend to just stand there and trade. So give me Lemieux by KO.

Jaime Munguia (30-0-0-0) vs Brandon Cook (21-0-0-0) for Munguia's WBO world junior middleweight championship

Munguia by KO. This is a mismatch. But Munguia is an all action fighter so it should at least be fun.

And finally the main event.

I thought Golovkin won the first fight convincingly, but it has become clear that it's nearly impossible to win a decision against Canelo. Floyd came close to shutting him out and a judge turned in a draw. Lara probably should have gotten the win against him.

I think in this fight Golovkin cuts the ring off better, uses more body punches early, and scores the KO in the later rounds.

So I made my predictions. Anyone else?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I have to go with Golovkin although Canelo looked lean as fuck in the weigh in which is a good sign for Canelo. I know they cut water to make weight but the last fight Canelo clearly slowed down by the 5th-6th round, he also looked heavier. This time I think Canelo is going to keep up, he's sacrificing power for speed which I think is a good move in this case. I still don't think he could exchange with Triple G because the guy is a Cyborg but if he could stick, move, land vital blows, and make Triple G miss, he has a chance of winning if it go's to decision.

It was working for Canelo in the last fight but it only lasted for a couple of rounds. I agree, Golovkin should have won the last fight.

Personally, I just like Golovkin More. He seems like a really nice kid who's down to earth and I really want to see him win this fight.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Canelo has always had stamina issues.

He's coming off a year layoff, a minor knee surgery, and having his steroids taken away. I don't think his gas tank will be any better this fight.

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
GGG is going to work Canelo.
He will be more aggressive and work Canelo's head and body.
I think Canelo will lose, and call out GGG for part 3.

I really want to see the old Chocolatito, pre Sor Rungvisai, come out and dominate. I wonder if he'll ever fight Sor a third time?

Sor fights on Oct 6, and that should be a good fight also.

StevenK

10 Year Member
Wasn't Canelo just a clen ban? That won't have made much difference to his stamina, its primarily for fat burning rather than muscle strength/stamina.

If he was happily necking clen though it's likely he was on a cocktail including steroids, of course.

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
Mayweather vs Pacquiao 2 is coming?
Saw a video posted online, and Mayweather calls Pacquio "easy work" and mentions a December fight date.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I won't believe it until they announce it. I think Pac would rather take the much easier Khan fight. But it would be uard to turn down the 100+ million dollar Mayweather payday.

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
I won't believe it until they announce it. I think Pac would rather take the much easier Khan fight. But it would be uard to turn down the 100+ million dollar Mayweather payday.

If he is saying claiming a December date, that means they must have been in negotiations for a while.
Mayweather loves that part of the boxing game, and I'd be surprised if they could of kept those negotiations secret.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Wasn't Canelo just a clen ban? That won't have made much difference to his stamina, its primarily for fat burning rather than muscle strength/stamina.

If he was happily necking clen though it's likely he was on a cocktail including steroids, of course.

Yes, It was just clen. It is what some BB's use to slim down for competition. There are still ways to beat these tests so wouldn't be surprised if hes still taking gear. I wouldn't be surprised if 90% of boxers or UFC fighters aren't taking some sort of illegal substance.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Clenbuterol is mostly used to cut weight but it does enhance strength, oxygen transportation in the blood, and build muscle mass as well. It helps with stamina, alertness, and strength.

Its main use (besides cheating athletes) is to make livestock grow larger and leaner.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Golovkin for the win tonight, i though he was robbed last time.
I'm pretty sure canelo's still slamming the gear, he ain't trimmed down naturally, i got zero respect for the guy, caught red handed on clen, his excuse was laughable.

famicommander

15 Year Member
It's not just the roids for Canelo, either.

-He tried to use some cheap ass offbrand gloves which have a tendency to compact and have the padding gradually move away from the knuckles
-He uses a wrapping method that most don't use because it's dangerous, and is illegal everywhere but Nevada and Texas. When done right it basically creates a rock hard surface on the outside of the knuckles with extremely soft padding on the underside. He uses it outside of Nevada and Texas and gets away with it.
-He uses more tape to wrap than is legally allowed, the commission knows it, and they made Golovkin file a formal complaint to even consider enforcing the rule
-As already mentioned, Golden Boy buys judges for his fights. Pretty much every time one of his fights is remotely close, or even if he gets his ass kicked entirely, there's at least one judge that turns in a card massively in Canelo's favor.
-He often wins titles by forcing his opponents to fight him at a specific catchweight that favors him rather than the true limits of the division they are fighting in. Not illegal, and ultimately smart, but also a bitch move.

He's a great fighter, but he is as dirty as it gets.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
It's not just the roids for Canelo, either.

-He tried to use some cheap ass offbrand gloves which have a tendency to compact and have the padding gradually move away from the knuckles
-He uses a wrapping method that most don't use because it's dangerous, and is illegal everywhere but Nevada and Texas. When done right it basically creates a rock hard surface on the outside of the knuckles with extremely soft padding on the underside. He uses it outside of Nevada and Texas and gets away with it.
-He uses more tape to wrap than is legally allowed, the commission knows it, and they made Golovkin file a formal complaint to even consider enforcing the rule
-As already mentioned, Golden Boy buys judges for his fights. Pretty much every time one of his fights is remotely close, or even if he gets his ass kicked entirely, there's at least one judge that turns in a card massively in Canelo's favor.
-He often wins titles by forcing his opponents to fight him at a specific catchweight that favors him rather than the true limits of the division they are fighting in. Not illegal, and ultimately smart, but also a bitch move.

He's a great fighter, but he is as dirty as it gets.

Hah I think you are going a bit overboard saying he's as dirty as it gets. So many boxers cut corners in so many way, even the greats.

As for the fight, I can't come down on who will win. I want Golovkin to win because he is one of my favourite boxers. But I don't know for sure if he has what it takes to put Canelo down. Depends how they approach the fight.
I think Canelo will try and be methodical and rely on counterpunching. Golovkin will work his way in more effectively than before, make fewer mistakes and try and make the best of any small window presented to KO Alvarez.

It's exiting for sure.

I'll go with Golovkin TKOs Canelo in the 5th

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
Chocolatito is back?
Maybe LOL

Time for main event, undercard is over

At least an hour an thirty minutes for main event to start.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Chocolatito is back?
Maybe LOL

Time for main event, undercard is over

At least an hour an thirty minutes for main event to start.

I paid $85 dollars for this shit. I hope the main event is better than the undercard's. Ohh boy