Boxing thread

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Povetkin is shot. He went life and death with David Price before he got the KO, and Price is even more shot.

If it takes Joshua more than 5 rounds to get Povetkin out of there he's not as good as I thought he was.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Tyson Fury said he wants to fight Wilder.

Fury is a coked up Twitter clown so who knows if he's serious, but major props to him if he does get into the ring with Wilder.

And from Wilder's standpoint this would be a no-brainer. Fury is still fat and rusty, and it's the next biggest name in the division following Joshua.

We'll see if anything comes of this. The WBC could enforce a mandatory, in which case Wilder has to fight Breazeale or be stripped.

godzilla43

Geese's Thug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NVYOnfaOr8

More lies from Hearn. Mostly times it is hard to say which side is lying in boxing but in this case it seems that Hearn is lying. He did not want to risk Joshua to be KO and therefore stop making millions for him. Sad because this was one of those fights that you don't know what will be the outcome. Other is Lomachenko vs Crawford who is bigger but I think that fight will happen.

I think boxing is broken. Anyone can duck anybody. Everyone can still call them self a champion. Trolling on both sides on social media. Promoters taking all the money from fighters. Like if I would be a heavyweight champion first I would have my own company and then I would not fight anyone who would be associated with likes of Hearn, Don King, Lou Dibella, Bob Arum, Dela Hoya... In my fights there would be no Michael Buffer. Like that guy has net worth of 400 million?!? He has made more money than all of those snakes :D If I would fight in Las Vegas I would have real referees that actually watch the match and not just be there to collect easy money.
I would say to Terry Atlas, Stephen A.Smith, Max Kellerman that sure you can come to see fight just pay your own good damn ticket you fucking leaches..

Of course boxers still have it better than MMA fighters with Dana White. Those fighters can only just dream to making money like Joshua or Wilder

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
I know who will win Wilder vs Joshua. Wilder would knock him out, without question. Joshua has looked slow and robotic in his last few fights. If he showed up to fight Wilder like he did against Parker or Takam, a fan in the third row would catch his head as a souvenir.

And if Lomachenko fights Crawford, Crawford will destroy him. Lomachenko is too small. He won't even beat Mikey at 135, let alone Crawford at 147.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I know who will win Wilder vs Joshua. Wilder would knock him out, without question. Joshua has looked slow and robotic in his last few fights. If he showed up to fight Wilder like he did against Parker or Takam, a fan in the third row would catch his head as a souvenir.

And if Lomachenko fights Crawford, Crawford will destroy him. Lomachenko is too small. He won't even beat Mikey at 135, let alone Crawford at 147.

Good news, if this two fights happen you're going to be incredibly wealthy.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Good news, if this two fights happen you're going to be incredibly wealthy.

Betting on boxing is risky business, though. I had money on Golovkin/Canelo and GGG clearly won easily, but the judges hosed him. And even though I think he would have won anyway, the ref did Joshua all kinds of favors in that Parker fight.

My predictions presume an even playing field and that's never a sure thing in boxing. Remember that judge who scored Mayweather vs Canelo for Canelo, even though Floyd clearly won every round?

StevenK

10 Year Member
Betting on boxing is risky business, though. I had money on Golovkin/Canelo and GGG clearly won easily, but the judges hosed him. And even though I think he would have won anyway, the ref did Joshua all kinds of favors in that Parker fight.

My predictions presume an even playing field and that's never a sure thing in boxing. Remember that judge who scored Mayweather vs Canelo for Canelo, even though Floyd clearly won every round?

It's hard to award the win to a man who you guarantee will be knocked out, even with the weightiest of brown paper envelopes.

famicommander

15 Year Member
It's hard to award the win to a man who you guarantee will be knocked out, even with the weightiest of brown paper envelopes.

Can't knock a guy out if he runs the whole fight like Canelo.

Or if you're an inside fighter and the ref breaks up the action any time you get close. That's what happened to parker vs Joshua; he had a big range disadvantage so his only chance was to get in close, but every time did the ref split them up even when both fighters had their hands free. Again, I think Joshua is better than Parker anyway but that ref took Parker from maybe a 35% chance of winning to a big fat 0. Disallowed his sole chance at being competitive.

StevenK

10 Year Member
Can't knock a guy out if he runs the whole fight like Canelo.

Or if you're an inside fighter and the ref breaks up the action any time you get close. That's what happened to parker vs Joshua; he had a big range disadvantage so his only chance was to get in close, but every time did the ref split them up even when both fighters had their hands free. Again, I think Joshua is better than Parker anyway but that ref took Parker from maybe a 35% chance of winning to a big fat 0. Disallowed his sole chance at being competitive.

So you guarantee that wilder would knock him out, but if he doesn't you guarantee it's a fix. Well you've wrapped up all the angles there then, not much point in talking about it. You should start a religion, or hunt witches or something.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I am much, much more confident that the Wilder fight will end in a KO. It's Crawford/Loma that could very well end in shenanigans. Arum shenanigans, Pacquiao/Horn style.

I'm sating Wilder will knock Joshua out. But boxing is too crooked to bet large sums of money on. Hundred bucks or less, all day long.

famicommander

15 Year Member
We should have had three, but we're getting at least one undisputed title match this year.

They finally settled on a location and date, and all the injuries are done with.

WBC and WBO Cruiserweight Champion Oleksandr Usyk (14-0-0-0, 11 KO) vs IBF and WBA Cruiserweight champion Murrat Gassiev (26-0-0-1, 19 KOs)

The fight will also be for the vacant Ring and lineal cruiserweight titles. So all four major belts, the Ring, and the lineal.

The "1" at the end of Gassiev's record is a no contest from when he didn't hear the bell and KO'd a guy a few seconds late.

Can't wait to watch this one. It's a shame Joshua is a bitch and Canelo destroyed GGG's shot at unifying all the belts this year.

famicommander

15 Year Member
5 the last 6 Usyk fights have been in the home country of his opponent, and all have been world title fights.

That's a gutsy fighter right there.

EDIT: and the 6th was a neutral country. Not one of his world title matches has been in his home country. Most champions will ONLY fight at home.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Turns out beyond just the lack of the location, date, and the streaming service shit, Hearn changed the terms of the deal in the last contract he sent.

They had agreed that Wilder would get to choose the ref and that both fighters would get an automatic rematch.

In the final contract Hearn changed it to Joshua getting to pick the ref and Joshua getting a guaranteed rematch if he lost, but if Wilder lost no rematch. So he changed major details, demanded Wilder accept the new contract immediately, and intentionally ignored all follow up questions until after the timer had run out.

StevenK

10 Year Member
If Wilder was even a quarter as confident of victory as you are he would have accepted those terms.

Perhaps he's scared.

famicommander

15 Year Member
If Wilder was even a quarter as confident of victory as you are he would have accepted those terms.

Perhaps he's scared.

Weak busta shit Steve.

And again, the contract he was sent didn't even specify the fight was next. Even if Wilder had signed it, Joshua could still fight Povetkin and make Wilder sit on his hands until fucking April.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Maybe fight of the year tonight on the Zurdo/Angulo undercard.

If any of you get the chance, definitely watch Alex Saucedo vs Lenny Zappavigna.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
If any of you get the chance, definitely watch Alex Saucedo vs Lenny Zappavigna.

Fuck. They smacked the shit out of each other. Bloodiest fight I've seen for quite some time. Surprised the corner and the ref let it go as far as it did.
The type of fight where both those guys left a piece of themselves in the ring that night.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Lennox Lewis and Vitali Klitschko are going to have a charity exhibition rematch this year.

Hopefully it doesn't turn out like this:
tumblr_nyselvxdiD1tbcweeo1_400.gif

famicommander

15 Year Member
It's official, Danny Jacobs will fight Sergiy Derevyanchenko in October for the belt the IBF stripped off Golovkin. Derevyanchenko is a good young fighter, but I expect the veteran Jacobs to take him to school and win comfortably.

So if GGG beats Canelo and then takes out Saunders next as he has said he plans to, then the Jacobs rematch would indeed be for the undisputed title.

Still dumb that the IBF stripped Golovkin in the first place, but the decision probably makes the fight worth more in the long run if Jacobs has a belt. But now the IBF is going to miss out on the sanctioning fees for GGG vs Canelo II and GGG vs Saunders, so they come out behind either way.

acblunden2

Rugal's Thug
Canelo's lineal title is worth more than the IBF belt anyway. Once Golovkin gets the the lineal title, I could care less if he unifies. Less sactioning fees for Golovkin to pay. He's had a long career at this point. Wouldn't mind it at all if he retires after he beats Canelo. He has been a great champion. I don't know if he has 3 fights left in him to unify.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Canelo's lineal title is worth more than the IBF belt anyway. Once Golovkin gets the the lineal title, I could care less if he unifies. Less sactioning fees for Golovkin to pay. He's had a long career at this point. Wouldn't mind it at all if he retires after he beats Canelo. He has been a great champion. I don't know if he has 3 fights left in him to unify.

Canelo is not the lineal champion anymore. He left the weight class for two fights, came back and had a draw, then got suspended.

In fact, his only victory at actual middleweight was against Amir Khan, a blown up welterweight.

He won the lineal title at a catchweight, then fought Khan, left the weight class entirely to win a title at super welterweight, came back to fight Chavez at catchweight again, fought Golovkin and was gifted the draw in a fight he obviously lost, then got suspended.

The lineal title is vacant, and Canelo will not re-enter the rankings until he wins a fight cleanly. So the lineal title match will likely be against Saunders.

famicommander

15 Year Member
The WBA is going to strip Keith Thurman of his WBA (Super) welterweight world title for inactivity. He hasn't fought in over 18 months and has no fight scheduled due to a series of injuries (one in a fight, one in a car wreck, one in training). The WBC stripped Thurman already earlier this year.

That means that the Manny Pacquiao vs Lucas Matthysse fight this weekend will be for the Super title instead of the lesser "regular" title. That would likely set the winner up for a unification fight with Terence Crawford, which I think would end badly for Pac (who I am assuming will beat Matthysse).

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It's official, Danny Jacobs will fight Sergiy Derevyanchenko in October for the belt the IBF stripped off Golovkin. Derevyanchenko is a good young fighter, but I expect the veteran Jacobs to take him to school and win comfortably.

So if GGG beats Canelo and then takes out Saunders next as he has said he plans to, then the Jacobs rematch would indeed be for the undisputed title.

Still dumb that the IBF stripped Golovkin in the first place, but the decision probably makes the fight worth more in the long run if Jacobs has a belt. But now the IBF is going to miss out on the sanctioning fees for GGG vs Canelo II and GGG vs Saunders, so they come out behind either way.

It's so dumb because GGG got it from Jacobs who didn't even try to defend it since he never showed for the 2nd weigh in. If Jacobs wins that belt it would just be awkward for him to have it again but on the other hand, I wouldn't mind a GGG vs Jacobs rematch.

Oh I hope Lennox wins, maybe my autographed glove will go up in value for a week lol

famicommander

15 Year Member
It's so dumb because GGG got it from Jacobs who didn't even try to defend it since he never showed for the 2nd weigh in. If Jacobs wins that belt it would just be awkward for him to have it again but on the other hand, I wouldn't mind a GGG vs Jacobs rematch.

Oh I hope Lennox wins, maybe my autographed glove will go up in value for a week lol

Turns out the Lewis/Klitschko thing isn't happening. Whomever is trying to set it up told Vitali that Lewis had already agreed, so Vitali agreed, but in reality nobody ever asked Lewis at all.

As for Jacobs/Golovkin, Jacobs never had the IBF belt. Golovkin won it from David Lemieux. Jacobs had the WBA (Regular) belt, which is how he got the fight against Golovkin who was/is the WBA (Super) champion. What happened was that Jacobs skipped the mandatory 2nd day weigh in that the IBF required, so Jacobs was ineligible to win that belt in their fight.

StevenK

10 Year Member
Turns out the Lewis/Klitschko thing isn't happening. Whomever is trying to set it up told Vitali that Lewis had already agreed, so Vitali agreed, but in reality nobody ever asked Lewis at all.

Boxing is run like a playground