Bought a Neo Geo 150 in 1 Multi Cart.. just got a question about it

Nuclear Neo

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Hey, i just bought a 150 in 1 neo geo multi cart today off ebay (im sorry to the multi cart haters out there, but i barely have any cash and want to experience as many of the neo geo games as possible on original MVS hardware, some just dont pop up on ebay where i'd happily buy the game and some are just really expensive! so i thought i'd get one)

Anyway, i was wondering, because i have a 6 slot, that if i have original neo geo games in the slots except slot 6 and i put the multi cart in what happens?

Does it start up with the game that is in slot 1 and if i press the game selecting button it switches to the second slot game, third slot game, fourth slot game, fifth slot game and then once it hits the sixth slot which has the multi cart does it just pop up with the 150 games menu and i cant exit unless i turn the system on and off again or what, does anyone know what happens when you have other games in a MVS with a multi game cart as well? Does any technical faults occur? i know it can screw up your highscore game data but thats about it. Is it recommended that i just have the multi cart in the 6 slot motherboard with no other games or what?

Thanks!

Last edited:

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Ever heard of the search option?There should be a dozen if not hundreds of similar threads already here about the same subject.Since you bought it already i don't see the point in asking either,just put it in and find out.It's not like your mobo will blow up or anything;)

Nuclear Neo

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Ever heard of the search option?There should be a dozen if not hundreds of similar threads already here about the same subject.Since you bought it already i don't see the point in asking either,just put it in and find out.It's not like your mobo will blow up or anything;)

:s Sorry about that.. Il give it a search!

Your right, i've bought it, its coming and i'm gonna find out one way! Maybe if i was thinking of buying one i should have asked, i've found my 6 slot motherboard to be a fiddly bastard of a thing lol

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
:s Sorry about that.. Il give it a search!

Your right, i've bought it, its coming and i'm gonna find out one way! Maybe if i was thinking of buying one i should have asked, i've found my 6 slot motherboard to be a fiddly bastard of a thing lol

I heard that about 6 slot boards.However so far my 6 slot has been working great except with certain newer games that were next to eachother.After I put another game in between them it was all gone.

Nuclear Neo

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I heard that about 6 slot boards.However so far my 6 slot has been working great except with certain newer games that were next to eachother.After I put another game in between them it was all gone.

Yeah, all my games have been working smoothly but i bought Garou mark of the wolves and that arrived, so i took out the game in the second slot and put Garou in (after i thouroughly cleaned the game contacts) and i start it up and it skipped the first 3 games and would showcase the game in the 4th slot first, going through the game selections it would then apear, i had to take them all out and put them in, turn it on and if it worked i'd turn it off, put the next one in, turn it on and so forth, till i finally got all 6 games working! but then once i skimmed to one of the games it would stop the sound for all the games! so i took the game that was causing this out and blew on it and put it back in, making it firm in the motherboard as well

i think theyre just more fiddly cause well its 20 years old and you've got 6 cartridges and if one isnt connected properly the other ones have a spit but yeah, dirt is a big factor in cartridges lol