BOTM December: TMNT: Turtles in Time!

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Hey all!

The BOTM this time is TMNT: Turtles in time!

Teenage_Mutant_Hero_Turtles_-_Turtles_in_Time_-_1991_-_Konami.jpg

Turtles_in_Time_(SNES_cover).jpg

TMNTreshelled_cover.png

I was asked to keep separate scoring for arcade/mame and the SNES version so I will. Hell, if you have re-shelled on the 360/PS3 and want to play that, you can too! I'll keep a separate table for that :)

I'll personally do my best to play all three versions :D

PIZZA POWER!

Rules:

One credit
Default settings

Arcade/Mame
Forum name-------Character----level----Score

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
SNES

1) andsuchisdeath - Raphael - ALL - 4058
2) Lithy------Leo - All Clear - 2336
3) GohanX - Leonardo - 1282 - All
4) DeusVult------raph---???--519-snes
5) aha2940 ------Leo-----???--- 442
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
TiT - Reshelled (360/PS3)

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Last edited:

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I'll kick things off. Playing the SNES game via emu on NGX.

I don't think I'm any better or worse at this game than I was when I was 10.

683 with Leo, reached the pirate ship level. I'll play some this month and see how I can improve either in getting deeper into the game or throwing as many footies as possible.

2014-12-02200931.jpg

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I or throwing as many footies as possible.

Yeah, that's certainly the way to score.

Milking Krang until you puke is also a way to score too.

turtles1.jpg

turtles2.jpg

andsuchisdeath - Raphael - ALL - 2186

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Okay, I'm done and I haven't even started.

lithy

20 Year Member
Does everyone generally just play until they get their best score and then post or what?

I thought I'd try to break 1k tonight. This is as close as I got before quitting time.

At least I'm only around half of ASID's score instead of less than a third.

uUDTQI5.jpg

I actually lost my last life on Super Krang on the Neon Night Riders stage (losing on the bonus stage?!? What is this NAM-1975?) on this recent attempt.

Is there a generally better Turtle to use and for what reasons? I tend to use Leo but not for anything specific.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Does everyone generally just play until they get their best score and then post or what?

Not really.

Is there a generally better Turtle to use and for what reasons? I tend to use Leo but not for anything specific.

Raphael seems to be the fastest. His speed makes it easy to position yourself safely when setting up throws, assuming you're looking to play a throw heavy style.

His relatively crappy range will prevent you from accidentally killing enemies with normal attacks too.

Last edited:

DeusVult

Another Striker
i got to the shredder boss but i cant seem to master the throw and i seem to do it more with luck than skill

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
i got to the shredder boss but i cant seem to master the throw and i seem to do it more with luck than skill

got a score?

Also, lots of SNES love here. I need to throw the 360 in my blast and play some reshelled, then put the TiT board in my nac and play the arcade version :)

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
LV, the appropriate term is "All", not "complete".

EDIT : Thank you. ;)

Last edited:

lithy

20 Year Member

On default difficulty you just need to hit the bad guy once, then walk toward them holding forward (toward the direction you are facing them) and press the attack button again.

To do the slam move you just hold the direction away from the bad guy.

I'm actually not sure that you absolutely HAVE to stun them first, but it does make it much easier.

If the bad guys have the little arm guards then you have to charge them to stun them and then the same move to throw.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Yeah, lithy explained the best way to land throws.

As far as shredder goes, move around on both the high or low planes when shedder is shooting fire etc.
Wait for shredder to shoot his anti-air projectile (lasers fired diagonally upward) then move in and combo him.

Last edited:

DeusVult

Another Striker
here my high score, but iam now getting the hang of the throw now. so I hope to improve on this soon.

don-433-snes

Attachments

• tmntsc1.jpg
    tmntsc1.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 198

lithy

20 Year Member
So I beat it at least, and just judging by the difference in game time between mine and andsuchisdeath's I'm assuming there are tons of points to be milked out of Krang, but man that seems mind numbing. I also wasn't paying attention to throws as much for a couple sections of the game and I know that makes a big difference.

lithy Leo - 1218 - ALL

fOkCFUV.jpg

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
So I beat it at least, and just judging by the difference in game time between mine and andsuchisdeath's I'm assuming there are tons of points to be milked out of Krang, but man that seems mind numbing. I also wasn't paying attention to throws as much for a couple sections of the game and I know that makes a big difference.

lithy Leo - 1218 - ALL

fOkCFUV.jpg

:cool:

Milking Krang is mind numbing however, you'll at least hit extends to compensate for those times when you dose off and die.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
GohanX - Leonardo - 1282 - All

First attempt. Man, this is a whole different game when you're playing for score, and also more interesting. I could probably get it over 1300, there were a few spots where I panicked and used the slam instead of the throw since I was afraid I would die. I finished with plenty of lives, so it wasn't really necessary.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417751320456.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417751320456.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 204

DeusVult

Another Striker
improved score, lost a life at 2nd boss which was shit, 3rd boss still causing me problems, but I got the prehistoric stage a new personal best and then got buttfucked from American football style rockmen

raph-519-snes

Attachments

• tmntsc2.jpg
    tmntsc2.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 186

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
got buttfucked from American football style rockmen

Mega Man Soccer?

The way to deal with Rat King (stage 3) is as follows. Jump between the highest and lowest planes when he's firing missiles, make sure you're positioned at the left or center part of the screen. Attack at the lowest part of his hover craft as he's dropping spiked balls. Repeat.

The best way too approach the rock guys is with a diving jump kick into a combo. Memorizing when they charge in certainly helps too.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
The SNES version of TiT has the better audio I've read. But are there any other differences from the arcade Pcb?

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
The SNES version of TiT has the better audio I've read. But are there any other differences from the arcade Pcb?

They're the same game, but not really.

The arcade version has a difficulty level and enemy count far beyond the SNES port.

Oh, the SNES version also has an extra stage (technodrome). Personally, I don't care for the arcade original.

GeePM

Armored Scrum Object
They're the same game, but not really.

The arcade version has a difficulty level and enemy count far beyond the SNES port.

Oh, the SNES version also has an extra stage (technodrome). Personally, I don't care for the arcade original.
Best version of Sewer Surfin

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Neon Night-Riders is the best track anyways.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I played some TiT in mame a little bit ago and unless Mame emulates it terribly the SNES version controls 100x better. The attacks in the arcade version seem a lot more random.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Just like in the Formula 1 some years ago, where you asked who would be 2nd (because 1st always was Michale Schumacher) the same happens here with BOTM and SOTM: you ask who's gonna be the 2nd because 1st is always andsuchisdeath. No clue how in hell can you be soo good at every game but it's amazing. Back on topic, I played this yesterday and got a score so miserable I'd rather not make it public. For now :).

Regards.