bose is the best system ever

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Are you just spouting bullshit or have you listened to a set of Bose headphones? You know I'm a Sennheiser whore, but objectively speaking, those headsets are nice. Particularly the wireless ones, Sennheiser's bluetooth headphones are somewhat lacking in one area or another depending on model and Audio Technica just puts a bluetooth amp in existing headphones for a less than stellar effect. Their only real competition are the Sony WH-1000MX3s, which I like a little better than the Bose.

All Bluetooth headphones suck and if you compare price to price, Bose gets wrecked every time by the Klipsch, Sennheiser, or AT phones.

And, working where I do, I can see the mark up on them. All headphones have a good mark up on them, but Bose is always marked up 60-150% more than the other brands at the same cost level.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
If you're comparing price to price and ignoring wireless, just get some MDR-7506's and call it a day.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
This thread made me miss lil thuggles (soulthug). Bose are not as horrible as people say. I'd never buy anything from them (maybe those super comfortable wireless headphones, because they're comfy) but they're perfect for non audiophiles who just want to plug shit in and listen to stuff. Lazy people/non-enthusiasts.

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
This thread made me miss lil thuggles (soulthug). Bose are not as horrible as people say. I'd never buy anything from them (maybe those super comfortable wireless headphones, because they're comfy) but they're perfect for non audiophiles who just want to plug shit in and listen to stuff. Lazy people/non-enthusiasts.

It's not that their stuff is that horrible, it's that other brands offer the same or significantly better quality for way, way less money.

There's no reason to buy a set of Bose cans over Audio Technica, Klipsch, or Sennheiser.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
There's no reason to buy a set of Bose cans over Audio Technica, Klipsch, or Sennheiser.

Except that they're really comfortable on the head and that matters. I had a Denon rip-off (1100s) before they were discontinued and they weren't built as well. I think Bose make decent products here and there. A lot of the hate stems from the mark up at big box stores and the demos. I used to love selling the home theater systems because my commission check would be through the roof, but that was for a certain kind of customer. I knew they were overpriced but not everyone wants to buy a proper receiver and wires and other components and shit.

The cans though I think are good products. I say this as a Denon/Sennheiser/Audio Technica headphone owner. They're the most comfortable headphones on the market. Comfort matters. My Denon D2000s have better bass than my Sennheiser 650s but I spend most days with the 650s because they feel so light on my head that I forget they're there.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I had to return Sennheiser wireless headsets and Audio Technica M50xs because they weren't comfortable, which is a shame since you can't even tell my Senn wired phones are on your head.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I had to return Sennheiser wireless headsets and Audio Technica M50xs because they weren't comfortable, which is a shame since you can't even tell my Senn wired phones are on your head.

I'll never understand why some of these headphones feel the need to have skull crushing headbands on them.

That's why I tend to gravitate towards studio style headphones. Especially AKG cans.

Almightyburner

Kabuki Klasher
The only higher-quality headphones I have bought were ATs, and I loved them. I know the markup:quality for Bose has gotta be insane, so I never went that route. That being said, I would waste money on Bose before Beats 99 times out of 99.

Beats are the Skullcandy of the ignorantly-monied.

Last edited: