Bootleg AES carts on aliexpress

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Ah gotcha, thanks for the explanation. It seems like the ones being bootlegged are Clayfighter Sculptors Cut, Bomberman 2nd Attack, Ogre Battle, and Harvest Moon. http://www.aliexpress.com/item/64bit-game-card-Harvest-Moon-64-USA-Version/32459827407.html Not sure why anyone would by a boot of that as the real thing is cheaper, but as time goes on it may become more popular.

Yeah, those are some of the handful of N64 games that fetch a high price. The thing with Clayfighter is yes it's rare, but it's not a good game, so I don't see the point of bootlegging it. A collector will want the real deal. Worms Armageddon and Conker's Bad Fur Day are 2 others that can get pricey.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Yeah, those are some of the handful of N64 games that fetch a high price. The thing with Clayfighter is yes it's rare, but it's not a good game, so I don't see the point of bootlegging it. A collector will want the real deal. Worms Armageddon and Conker's Bad Fur Day are 2 others that can get pricey.
Conker's was a good game, but 3D ages so badly that nothing from the N64 is playable now.

To be fair, I wouldn't want to touch Toshinden either.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Hey guys, I really like my repro Rolex.

IT TELLS THE RIGHT TIME.
But was it (as) expensive (compared to the real thing as the bootlegs discussed in here are in comparison to genuine carts)?

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
The more interesting question is... was it sold to him as genuine? Which would partly answer your "price" inquiry, as well.

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
Hey guys, I really like my repro Rolex.

IT TELLS THE RIGHT TIME.
ah, I love the time I was walking in Hongkong and on every corner someone is asking you "Duplex Rolex ?" or "Copy Watch ? You want buy Copy Watch ?". Good old times

MuppeT

War Room Troll
ah, I love the time I was walking in Hongkong and on every corner someone is asking you "Duplex Rolex ?" or "Copy Watch ? You want buy Copy Watch ?". Good old times

Come to the boardwalk in Atlantic city ... exact same scenario but it is advertised as original Rolex lost in a poker game... every 100 feet same thing... lol

bravojohny

Armored Scrum Object
Conker's was a good game, but 3D ages so badly that nothing from the N64 is playable now.

I do enjoy Ocarina of Time and Mario 64.

About Conker, Rare Replay (XOne) has the best version to have a run and still solid good fun. So hilarious.

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza

Ain't that the truth. So many PS1, PS2, DC and even Xbox games look so aged now. They're eye-watering. But I do loves me some Return to Castle Wolfenstein. That Quake engine doe

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Ain't that the truth. So many PS1, PS2, DC and even Xbox games look so aged now.

They are part of video game history, even I do agree that many PS1/PS2 games look so outdated by using today's standard.

I still play original Tekken on PS1, and it looks terrible :)

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Tekken 1 didn't look good when it was new either. Virtual Fighter 2 Saturn still looks great, and the later ps1 Tekkens aren't horrible.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Tekken 1 didn't look good when it was new either. Virtual Fighter 2 Saturn still looks great, and the later ps1 Tekkens aren't horrible.

The following games have outdated graphics:

Resident Evil
Resident Evil 2
Silent Hill
Overblood 1 & 2
Toshinden
Ace Combat

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
But was it (as) expensive (compared to the real thing as the bootlegs discussed in here are in comparison to genuine carts)?

I don't have a fake Rolex.

I could never in a million years bare to look at a rare and exotic game in my collection, only to have it taunt me and whisper the word "fake" into my ear.

Others love it! Numbers on the rise!

Last edited:

alby13

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Does anyone have a picture of the inside of these carts?

nicksbrain

Cheng's Errand Boy
slightly off topic: anyone knows if these really are AES carts? they look A LOT like the MVS 161 in 1...

nicksbrain

Cheng's Errand Boy
"SNK Neo Geo AES game card"

Yaaa seems legit.

well I didn't see that on the page but I asked the seller anyway if it really is an AES version, she replied within 5 minutes that they are and I should mention that when ordering... a little too shady but would be nice to have an AES multicart costing so little money...

Mega

Cheng's Errand Boy
When a proper, high quality Neo Geo Everdrive/Darksoft flashcart is released... we will have Chinese imitations of those carts. A number of gamers moved on from collecting original carts to playing on Everdrives, spreading the word on how good they were, and the bootlegging market responded with crappy Everdrive clones that in some cases look nearly identical to the real ones. Kind of amazing how many people prefer to be in the business of continually tricking potential customers with shoddy junk even when it's a pirate of a piracy cart. It never ends.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I don't have a fake Rolex.

I could never in a million years bare to look at a rare and exotic game in my collection, only to have it taunt me and whisper the word "fake" into my ear.

Others love it! Numbers on the rise!
I play the games for the games not the cart, not the value, not anything like that. Yes, I have tons of shit, that's a problem, I know! I love too much shit and thus I end up with way too much of it.
Emulation is awesome 'cause it's just the games, no riff raff, no bullshit, although I do love the art in some games, also the arcade environment is awesome, can't be replicated with a console nor a computer but a mame setup in a cab comes close, the problem always falls on tearing issues and graphical discrepancies, which is why I prefer to play emulation in a computer setup as opposed to in a cab but I'm friendly to multicarts and bootlegs, 'cause I don't really care about authenticity, I just wanna play the game, if I can appreciate the art in some way then that's a bonus.

Collectors...not me...it may seem that way 'cause I have too much crap but I'm far from it. I'd like to think I'm a enthusiast, I love the stuff and like to get it in different formats but not for the sake of collecting...hey I used to hate on video game collectors 'cause I couldn't understand their fascination for a god dam cart but I'm more open to understanding that everyone has the right to get their games for whatever reasons they see fit, every single person that enjoys video games for whatever reason, knows full well whether they're being dumb or not, deep down inside they surely know the answer, let them have their own demons to deal with, I'm done caring for video game collectors being what they are.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Legit question: Why do so many people want a Neo flash cart? Why not just buy multicarts and not have to deal with loading times?

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Legit question: Why do so many people want a Neo flash cart? Why not just buy multicarts and not have to deal with loading times?

People want to be able to select their own games and not have to deal with the bugs/protos/hacks on current multi carts.