Blizzard's Team Fortress Clone: Overwatch

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
http://us.battle.net/overwatch/en/

They revealed this today at Blizzcon. I love the idea of a Team Fortress game where you have a large selection of comic-book style characters with very unique abilities. It'll be tough for them to balance it, but I loved the gameplay footage that they showed. I signed up for the beta within an hour of the announcement.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Well at least it's not another DotA clone. Not going to bother with it if it's f2p.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I know and I won't bother with it. Shit genre anyway.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
Truth.

Can't see how this can knock TF2 off it's perch though.

I love TF2, but it has been a little conservative about adding new things over the years. A lot of the new guns are just statistically different, like dealing more damage from behind. Of course, this is a safe way to design a game to ensure balance, which is totally fine. I'm just excited about the prospect of a game of this type which goes sort of a King of Fighters route with a huge cast of characters to play with. Character abilities look to be crazy. Some characters can fly, some can run up walls, and they all have super moves. If they can manage to keep it even a little balanced, it should be a blast.