Blinded Stupid By Nostalgia

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
Help me build a master list - Looking for companies that still receive money because gamers are born suckers.

Worst Offenders:
Tommo
Nintendo
Capcom
Rare
SqueersEnix
Tainto
Sega licensed plug n' play/emulation "consoles" and "handhelds"
SNK-P - Gods of the Same old Shit.

Horrible Nostalgia Failures:
Atari brand items
Commodore USA, LLC - "founded" 2010 - CEO fights with internet, passes away, now i don't know.

Not saying I'm above it, I was dumb enough to fall for it with the 25th Mario Anniversary Red Wii in 2009 or 10, I knew there was reason I didn't buy it before that, but clearly i'm a fucking moron.

Last edited:

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Rare? Do they count? Perfect Dark Zero and the banjo game were thinly veiled attempts at nostalgia.

Man I want KI to be good in the worst way...

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
all the dumbasses who think game companies didn't care about making money and business back in the 80s and 90s and did it just because they were passionate about their fans and video games

sorry tards, video games have always been a business

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
Apart from The Dreamcast especially shenmue there were no financial logic in those numbers

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
I would throw Atari on that list from all the fooking 2600 compilations of games they spew out, but Atari is not Atari anymore, and even owning the rights to the Atari name means your company is going to lose money, so I can understand going for a buck where you can get it.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I bet the new KI is going to feel nothing like the originals...

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
Whoever is raping the name of Commodore nowadays.

Commodore is REALLY in the shitter if not dead, like the guy who "founded" Commodore USA, LLC who died last year. I don't know about any particular software rights but the company looks like it's run out of some rented office space in a stripmall looking outlet in Fort Lauderdale, FL - hahahahah Florida is where the best businesses and dealers come from. Other places around the web really make it sound like it's definitely an idea gone poof. Start saving and we can buy it soon.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Commodore 64x , that's exactly what I was thinking about, what a joke.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
I think I'll throw Square/Enix into this.

Totally, how much have the fucking milked Final Fantasy VII? It's not even the best one. I could go on for hours talking shit about these guys but I won't because I've got better things to do... actually I don't. They fucking have this obsession with little boys who look like girls and vice versa. Their games seem to be focusing on the kind of people who find old style RPGs like FF I-IX far too clunky to have fun. Yada yada you get the idea with that.

but clearly i'm a fucking moron.

Yes, yes you are.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
all the dumbasses who think game companies didn't care about making money and business back in the 80s and 90s and did it just because they were passionate about their fans and video games

sorry tards, video games have always been a business

Yeah but there was no nostalgia to cash in on back then. It was always about money but at least they had to inovate. Its not just video games either, film is guilty of it too. Its like everything costs so much to make now that they are too scared to take a chance when they can just bank on the old shit.

Last edited:

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
They fucking have this obsession with little boys who look like girls and vice versa.

My god the Jap designers and weeaboo's who love that style, have fucked up soo many great characters with this shit - it goes WAYYYY beyond FFVII - Find a current Belmont who doesn't look like a fucking androgynous clit pumper.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
My god the Jap designers and weeaboo's who love that style, have fucked up soo many great characters with this shit - it goes WAYYYY beyond FFVII - Find a current Belmont who doesn't look like a fucking androgynous clit pumper.

YES! They don't know when to fucking stop. I always though the Belmonts were gothic, manly, hard rock, thrash metal, leather and whips wearing massive mountain of manliness (you can tell I'm a queer VM!). Unfortunately they're fucking emos now, look at Alucard (yes he's not a Belmont, but come on pedants I'm on a roll).

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
was gonna recommend taito for this list as well. they made azumanga daioh puzzle bobble which kicked ass and it seems like now they just have some shovelware version of PB ready for almost every handheld near its launch date. do they even make new franchises any longer? i could totally be talking out my ass right now... long hair dont care.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Square with their shitty phone game rehash. It's hot garbage.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
I'll throw another vote in for SqEnix for basically everything they have done since FFX.

Sega should also get a vote on the shitty compilation machines. They had a good run of them for a while as well when the plug and play emus were all the rage.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

Spoon,
Lashujin

Woah, now THAT'S nostalgia....haven't seen this dude on here since college.