Blessings in Disguise... aka. I think God loves me...

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
So Yesterday, Sunday... I was meant to take my Jan to a craft fair.. 8am to 5pm...

We got to the car and it wouldn't start... So after we got a new battery and £120GBP later... it was FAR TOO late to take her to the craft fair...

I sorta put on a sad... "I'm so sorry Jan love face..." but deep inside... I was awesome happy...

Anyone have tales of Bad Luck that in reality... were a blessing in disguise?

xROTx

PS. I was naked all day on Sunday ebaying stuff... my balls are awesome..

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I had such a blessing a while ago when my boss told me that I cannot come to Ciccano/Italy in January with him because his wife and her nephew want to go. I really love being in Italy but in this case, it's more a chore than a pleasure. We visit all our partners there over the course of almost two weeks and spend endless hours drinking coffee and talking in three different languages which can be a bit tedious so I couldn't say that I'm very sad about it. :)

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
My hommie's inlaws put up a nice deposit on a house in Florida. The once caveat was that everything would be in her name.

They got a divorce, the market crashed and she's stuck upside down with the house. He bought a nicer house for far less money.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
maybe you should appreciate time with your Jan instead of celebrating more time to waste your life online.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
For many years no woman would touch me sexually-wise.

I thought this was a bad thing, but if it had not been for this then I never would have found my beloved waifu.

Mei Ling and I have been together for 5 wonderful years and we could not be happier.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Neo Moe; horrible news.

I had great amounts of strange...and still met my beloved waifu.

However, I think your learned acceptance is not necessarily a bad thing.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Neo Moe; horrible news.

I had great amounts of strange...and still met my beloved waifu.

However, I think your learned acceptance is not necessarily a bad thing.

Acceptance is the bud from which stems reticent self disgust that with time blossoms into beautiful denial.

Last edited:

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Injured my shoulder at work so took off a weekend to recover. My roommate at the time was sad over an ex so I suggested we go on a road trip. We picked a random place and left. Ended up in St. Louis and it helped me realize the women in the Chicago area I grew up in were money grubbing bitches that wouldn't look at you unless you're pimped out, but elsewhere was a different story.

I ended up moving to St. Louis eventually found a wife. We visited Chicago and I told her about this. We were walking down the street there are sure enough you can spot a woman turning her nose at us because I wasn't pimped out. The shit was hilarious when I was single, but not until I figured out what I shithole I used to live in.