Blazing Star MVS distorted intro

bayram

n00b
Hi. So this is my first post and i wasn't where to post, but here we go.

So i bought a copy of the MVS cart Blazing Star. Upon start up i could see that the intro video was all distorted, the colors all messed up. The background in the ship selection screen displayed the same problem. The game itself plays good. The seller claims it is an original game and he posted a photo of the games cart board http://www.ebay.com/itm/22083474257...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_1811wt_1189
he also says the game works perfectly on a mvs slot. i play the game on a aes using the super mvs converter 2. i have more than 30 mvs games and around 10 aes games who all play flawlessly. i have tried cleaning the part of the game board that goes in the system, to no prevail. my question to you guys is; do you think it is a faulty game, and should i return it?

any help is appreciated, thank you

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Reads like bad contacts or cold solder joint(s).I've had the same problem with this specific title.
If you tried cleaning the game and it still doesn't work for you,your only option is to return it.
BB

bayram

n00b
Reads like bad contacts or cold solder joint(s).I've had the same problem with this specific title.
If you tried cleaning the game and it still doesn't work for you,your only option is to return it.
BB

im getting my neo modded and havent got to take the pics. BIG BEAR what did you do with your example of the game? I know a guy who knows how to solder and such. Do you think he can fix it? Is it possible for him to detect whats wrong with the game using some sort of equipment?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Does he do repair work or just some guy that knows how to solder?

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Hey! XX is correct:

B.S. is a pretty good game. Don't mess it up.

Make sure you find a good PCB tech to fix it right--if not for you then for the next guy.

Mess around with another game--like F.F. cart. or W.H. cart.

;)

Last edited:

bayram

n00b
Does he do repair work or just some guy that knows how to solder?
The guy runs a console modding business, so he should know a thing or two. My question is; will it be obvious to him where the problem is once he opens the cart?

bayram

n00b
it turns out the boards were just placed uncorrectly :) now the game works perfectly:lolz: thanks for all the help guys! case closed!!