Blast City Club

slampt

Quiz Detective
*nod, My locks were missing so the hard part was done. I purchased 3 locks off some random but they were all keyed differently (I have all the keys).
No biggy I will just deal with 3 different keys for now :(

XeD

Super Sidekicks 2
If one was to gut a Blast City, what is worth salvaging to keep and not resale? Space is a premium as I already have a Blast City along with some woodies

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
If one was to gut a Blast City, what is worth salvaging to keep and not resale? Space is a premium as I already have a Blast City along with some woodies

Depends what's wrong with it. If the monitor works, please don't gut it. If the monitor is dead or the cab is trashed, and you have no choice but to part it, basically any salvageable part could be resold. The PSU unit, since it also contains the audio amp, is definitely worth keeping for yourself if you have another blast.

XeD

Super Sidekicks 2
I would not dare part a working machine. Having said that this one not so good looking. The monitor broken. I have taken the chassis for parts and rejuv the tube for a spare. The cab it self has been poorly repainted. I have taken all the hardness and psu. Is the cp worth keeping if it's rusty? Do the speaker go bad? I just want to salvage useful item as I don't have much room and am already holding enough parts

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Might be using next weekend to recap and play with the convergence strips to get my monitor looking a little better.

It's the autosync monitor (forgot which the model is 2931?) Do these have convergence rings I should try first? Any guide on adjusting those if so? Thanks.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Might be using next weekend to recap and play with the convergence strips to get my monitor looking a little better.

It's the autosync monitor (forgot which the model is 2931?) Do these have convergence rings I should try first? Any guide on adjusting those if so? Thanks.

There are rings, but if you're only dealing with bad corners (i.e. the middle part of the screen looks fine) then you don't need to touch them.

Convergence strips worked wonders for my MS2931. I recommend having a friend hold a mirror for you so you can be behind the monitor paying attention to what you're doing (i.e. you'll be looking at the corner you're fixing in the mirror so you can be behind the monitor placing the strip).

slampt

Quiz Detective
I am waiting for my strips to arrive, my image however is a little crooked so I will have to look at loosening the yoke and moving it slightly clockwise :(
I will be doing all this when I get my strips, will post results when done.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Changing the horizontal and vertical positioning on the remote board will often correct an image that looks a little crooked. Try that first if you haven't. Also, the blast city remote board should really be moved somewhere besides that place it usually is because you can't access the Red gain for some strange reason. I keep mine just chilling in the CP, I have been meaning to order some sticky feet for em.
Not sure which ones will fit: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=pcb+feet&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xpcb+feet+sticky.TRS1&_nkw=pcb+feet+sticky&_sacat=0

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Changing the horizontal and vertical positioning on the remote board will often correct an image that looks a little crooked. Try that first if you haven't. Also, the blast city remote board should really be moved somewhere besides that place it usually is because you can't access the Red gain for some strange reason. I keep mine just chilling in the CP, I have been meaning to order some sticky feet for em.
Not sure which ones will fit: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...eet+sticky.TRS1&_nkw=pcb+feet+sticky&_sacat=0

On a 2931 it's all OSD, there is no issue accessing Red :-) keep that board right where it's at ;-)

Chempop

Oh my bad, thanks for the correction West. Yeah both of my blasts are manual 2930 and I was seriously annoyed when I finally realized that the pot for Red gain was behind part of the metal plate that the remote board fastens to.

I've adjusted the colors on monitor chassis with my head inside the cab too, but that's not so convenient like a remote board.

slampt

Quiz Detective
Not sure which ones will fit: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=pcb+feet&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xpcb+feet+sticky.TRS1&_nkw=pcb+feet+sticky&_sacat=0

Thanks Chempop, that's the first thing I tried. Photo attached you can see the image is crooked and at the top left there is actually a dip too. (Image was moved so you could see the issue more clearly) :)

IMG_3487.jpg

Chempop

Honestly the 2930 manuals are known to be much more reliable, but it could be hearsay. I know I wouldn't trade mine for a 2931, I'm not a fan of on screen digital menus, gives the illusion that it's some consumer TV :lolz:

slampt

Quiz Detective
Honestly the 2930 manuals are known to be much more reliable, but it could be hearsay. I know I wouldn't trade mine for a 2931, I'm not a fan of on screen digital menus, gives the illusion that it's some consumer TV :lolz:

I may have to cut a bit out so I can get to the red gain.. ;)
In other news my convergence strips arrived. Woo

wiseman9986

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Does anyone Make a 2l16b control panel that looks good with the blast city overlay I'm running an old xbox with coinops and the extra couple buttons would be nice sometimes I think

Chempop

N/M Oops read that as 2l12b. Your best bet is to find someone who bought one of those sega saturn astro city 2l16b sticks and try to salvage the CP (but I think you'll need to widen the holes just a little).

3990822641_58d51a3774.jpg

Last edited:

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
I'd say check with Jasen's Customs or codecrank here on the forums.

Guys, I want to join the club so bad... does anyone know of any CURRENT good sellers? Windy stopped :/ Sure there's the game room, but anyone else? All the time I hear people asking this question the post is years old about people who USED to be selling, so I need some good current people. It seems like everyone has like 3 cabs in counting when I'm struggling to find just one, so I need a source.

(Sorry if this is in a wrong/bad place, I didn't know where else I should have put this since I can't make my own thread and this seemed pretty on-topic to me)

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
I'm selling my Blast if you feel like taking a drive to New Orleans.

But otherwise I feel like Arizona is close enough to Cali, where the cabs fall off trees.

I see what you mean about California, but they're usually too high for me to afford shipping with it. And I'm not free to take a road trip for a cab yet since I still don't have a drivers license (I just don't have a need for it yet, and also because when I get one I have to pay for insurance :/). As long as I can end up around $900 (preferably a little lower, but that's probably not gonna happen) including shipping, I think I might be able to do it, but I literally have never seen a sale for a candy cab in Arizona where I could get one the cheapest, so I feel kinda screwed over by my location. If possible, could you tell me where you got/are getting your blast cities or astro cities from? It seems like there aren't many blast cities that go for sale on neo-geo. Believe me though, I've been looking. I look at craigslist every day, I check neo-geo every day, I google different ways of saying "selling sega blast city" and search it based on the last 24 hours every day, and I keep my eyes on different forums, etc. but I just can't find one :/