Blast City Club

Stellarola

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
Thanks! Looks like the idea is to widen the hole/crack so you can actually fill it. What I really want to know is how bad could it get.

Yeah I know most blasts will have this, its not the strongest design but hey the funny part is I wouldn't have gotten it into my house if the CP didn't come off ;)

Is it just a simple crack/scratch or does it affect the cab's structural integrity? Pics?

Last edited:

Stellarola

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Well, it does look like it's splitting. That's an issue I would address.

I'm thinking I'll need to strip the cab to bits and apply a patch of fiberglass and resin on the back of the crack and then fill it from the front.

Finally got my Blast. Paid for it in late September, got delivered Wednesday. Group buy? Shipped from Japan? No, just Maryland to Philly! I told them I'd wait till they were coming my way since they don't really deliver.
This was from the FB post-
bIZn8kWl.jpg

Here's a gallery-

https://imgur.com/a/1FQvO

It doesn't have the original power supply or most/any of the original wiring. Also missing the back maintenance hatch and the back part of the marquee. No body cracks and the speakers look good though. Not bad for $575 delivered.
I plan to run a 360 in it at least at first. How do people set up the buttons? Are the RB and LB necessities for running FBA? I guess I'll sit back and wait for someone to part one out to get some of the panels.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
I plan to run a 360 in it at least at first. How do people set up the buttons? Are the RB and LB necessities for running FBA? I guess I'll sit back and wait for someone to part one out to get some of the panels.

I make Controller adapter boxes and can make you one if you would like for your 360. I set the controls up the same way as the Madcatz Fight pads (ABXY RB and RT).

Congrats on the blast! It'll be a bit of work so don't hesitate to lean on the guys here if you need help :D

I make Controller adapter boxes and can make you one if you would like for your 360. I set the controls up the same way as the Madcatz Fight pads (ABXY RB and RT).

Congrats on the blast! It'll be a bit of work so don't hesitate to lean on the guys here if you need help :D

I think I'm going to wire around the jamma harness and just basically just use the monitor for now. I'd have to figure out how to add at least four more buttons past what its set up for now to use the jamma harness with the 360. It's a disaster of cut and spliced wiring in there and in order to appease the wife and kid I need to get it somewhat up and running soon. I was hoping when I bought it that all I'd need was maybe a kick harness and possibly a 001 loom. So much for that!

arcade game

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
Finally got my Blast. Paid for it in late September, got delivered Wednesday. Group buy? Shipped from Japan? No, just Maryland to Philly! I told them I'd wait till they were coming my way since they don't really deliver.
bIZn8kWl.jpg

Here's a gallery-

It doesn't have the original power supply or most/any of the original wiring. Also missing the back maintenance hatch and the back part of the marquee. No body cracks and the speakers look good though. Not bad for $575 delivered.

congrats:buttrock:
next thing you know it will be complete in no time

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
Nice find ;D I know that kaph33n has some VS billboards he was selling a while back. the normal billboards are a bit harder to find.

also on yaj , every once in a while, I see auctions for the complete blast wiring, including the cab i/o board and 001 or jamma loom. there was one last week for ~3000 yen.

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
bIZn8kWl.jpg

Here's a gallery-

I see you have Joust in it. Is it a hack board or original? I may be interested in it if you are wanting to sell it off. Let me know.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I see you have Joust in it. Is it a hack board or original? I may be interested in it if you are wanting to sell it off. Let me know.

Joist is on the horizontal multi board, you can get one for like 80 bucks. Joust was not jamma and needs special wiring harnesses.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Nice blast there mate, looks very clean! I hope you got an auto sync!

Stellarola

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
Update on my MS-2931 chassis repair with the black goop.

I sent it in to PNL Video in California. Honestly, I didn't really like dealing with these guys but your mileage may vary. The total ended up being over $100 more than what I was quoted. They failed to inform me of the repairs that were to be made before they shipped it back to me. I was surprised to say the least when I had to pay the COD.

sigh.

Bitching aside they did successfully repair the chassis. The chassis had an expanding image issue. This was most noticeable when a bright image occurred on the screen. Also, the image wasn't as sharp and vivid as it should be. They ended up cleaning the goop and replaced the flyback. I'm not sure if any caps were replaced. Again, their communication was pretty sub-par.

The results?

xj2geometry.jpg

xj.jpg

Fuckin' amazing. :cool:

Last edited:

arcade game

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
Update on my MS-2931 chassis repair with the black goop.

I sent it in to PNL Video in California. Honestly, I didn't really like dealing with these guys but your mileage may vary. The total ended up being over $100 more than what I was quoted. They failed to inform me of the repairs that were to be made before they shipped it back to me. I was surprised to say the least when I had to pay the COD.

sigh.

Bitching aside they did successfully repair the chassis. The chassis had an expanding image issue. This was most noticeable when a bright image occurred on the screen. Also, the image wasn't as sharp and vivid as it should be. They ended up cleaning the goop and replaced the flyback. I'm not sure if any caps were replaced. Again, their communication was pretty sub-par.

The results?

xj2geometry.jpg

xj.jpg

Fuckin' amazing. :cool:
:buttrock::buttrock::buttrock:
It looks amazing.i'd say they did a good job

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Geometry looks great Stella. Not a whole lot of convergence problems, if at all... which definitely is more the exception than the rule with these trisyncs.

Thamiel

Mr. Big's Thug
Great looking monitor mate! Makes me jealous, having nothing but trouble with the dicks repairing my Toshiba tri syncs.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Maybe I should send my spare chassis off to 'repair' ;) Wouldn't mind having a worked over backup chassis.

Stellarola

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
Geometry looks great Stella. Not a whole lot of convergence problems, if at all... which definitely is more the exception than the rule with these trisyncs.

Thanks for the kind words, Teddy. :)

The only problem I have is the bad burn-in from the original Bass Fishing game. It's not very noticeable unless displaying bright, solid colors. I'm sure I'll come across a replacement tube soon enough...

Also, I've found myself tweaking the focus on the MS293X tri-sync to soften the scanlines. I can find a happy medium that looks just superb for raster graphics.

I'm hoping to paint my Blast soon, possibly this weekend If I can. I'll post updates on this thread as I go.

-Stell

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Awesome man, congrats! take the entire thing apart and scrub every piece with simple green and then an orange scented cleaner and the smell will be improved. :drool: If your CP is peeling, it's entirely possible to improve that with an exacto knife, some super glue and c clamps. I had to do that on my last group buy cab.

Is yours auto or manual sync? I wouldn't mind seeing a pic of the chassis.

Coleridge

Pleasure Goal
I might get pummeled for this post, but does anyone know where I can get a platform like this one for my blast? I sit all day at work, so I'd rather stand when enjoying my cab.

bIZn8kWl.jpg

Here's a gallery-

vinnyguy

n00b
Mine is manual sync with black goo... So that makes it the rarer more valuable version right? The geometry and convergence are both a little wonky but I'll adjust what I can later on... I'm still stoked