Blast City Club

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
Got a question guys. When I'm running high res games I'm noticing an hour glass effect on the left and right side of the screen. Currently the screen is set to horizontal but once I get my pad hack done I'm going to rotate the monitor again and thrown in my J 360. I think once I do that the hour glass effect is going to really piss me off. Is there any way to fix this? It doesn't do this when I'm low res games.

If I can't fix the high res hour glass BS is there any way to step down the 360 to 15hz?

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
It'd be nice if it just needed a deguass.... other than that you might need a cap kit done. There are other monitor adjustment controls on the chassis itself, worth taking a look there and tweaking it while displaying a cross-hatch screen.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
When I get off work I'll see if I can can make any adjustments to the chassis.

The screen looks like this on high res ) (. I tired the deguass button, didn't do jack. I'll also post some pics up when I get home as well. Since I got the cab from ken I'll email him and see if he has a replacement monitor just incase. This sucks.

edit, Ken says if it is the 2930 then I just need to make an adjustment. I think its a 2930, it doesn't do auto sync. Waiting to hear back from him as to what the adjustment is. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Just passing the info along, I found a source for odd and end Blast City parts.

Birmingham Vending can have locks, coin door parts, doors, ect. drop shipped directly from Sega. Just give them the PN and tell them it's for a Bass Fishing cab.

They used to only work with arcade operators but now pretty much work with anyone with the money.

Prices weren't too bad either.

http://www.bhmvending.com/

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Hmm, interesting they are still able to get parts directly from Sega.

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
I ordered the 2 remaining 5575 locks I needed, the tongues for both coin doors, one of the wiring harnesses going into the CP, and a new marquee holder.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Whoa, you mean the actual billboard cover? The clear plastic piece that goes over the marquee? How much was it?

I need to call them then, cause I need one of those as mine was cracked during shipping.

NipRing

The Shlonginator,
Now now, no private messaging about important Blast part info :shame: Lets hear all the details.

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Now now, no private messaging about important Blast part info :shame: Lets hear all the details.

lol

I just told him that the part was $100 if I am not mistaken. My order was fairly large so just had her lump it all together in a total.

If anyone wants to find a vendor for their region, check here http://www.segaarcade.com/distributor/

Most of this is more than likely NOS so rape and pillage the stock while you can but leave some more for me.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
Agreed, I looked on the site but I didn't see the billboard holder, details please!

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Agreed, I looked on the site but I didn't see the billboard holder, details please!

I had to call and ask for it by PN. She then called Sega to check to see if they had it and after about 3 hours she called me back with a total for my whole order.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
I had to call and ask for it by PN. She then called Sega to check to see if they had it and after about 3 hours she called me back with a total for my whole order.

Cool, I'll give them a ring on Monday and see what can be done. It would be great to have a nice and shiny marquee holder.

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Cool, I'll give them a ring on Monday and see what can be done. It would be great to have a nice and shiny marquee holder.

Good luck. The only thing I wasn't able to get was 5575 keys. I am waiting for some from a guy on shumps but it's been over a week with no keys and the guy hasn't answered my PM's.

Tonk said the guy is good so I doubt he's going to scam me out of a couple of bucks.

clutch

Geese's Thug
When I get off work I'll see if I can can make any adjustments to the chassis.

The screen looks like this on high res ) (. I tired the deguass button, didn't do jack. I'll also post some pics up when I get home as well. Since I got the cab from ken I'll email him and see if he has a replacement monitor just incase. This sucks.

edit, Ken says if it is the 2930 then I just need to make an adjustment. I think its a 2930, it doesn't do auto sync. Waiting to hear back from him as to what the adjustment is. Keeping my fingers crossed.

There is no setting for pincushion? That's what it sounds like to me.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
There is no setting for pincushion? That's what it sounds like to me.

Ken emailed me a copy of the manual and pointed me to the right page. There is a pincushion pot on the chassis, it was a bitch to get to but after messing with it and the pot for the trapezoid I was able to get it sorted out the best I could, took over two hours and my legs are tired from squatting and standing to look at the screen. :lolz:

But now that it's all said and done I routed a light gun through the coin door and got some house of the dead 2 going. The first time I tried the light gun it didn't work with a US copy of the game, so I switched the region of the console and used my ntsc-j disc. The light gun works like a charm on this cab now. That's why I love these cabs, you really can put anything in a blast city.

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Can someone take some pictures of the CP locking bar? Specifically how the spring is set in there.

I am reassembling mine now and can't seem to figure out how to get enough tension on the bar.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
It's dirty as sin, forgive me, still haven't had time to wash it out.
2011-04-09_21-21-18_222.jpg

Last edited:

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Seeing yours makes me feel better about mine :)

Mine was caked in Coke (soda or pop to you outside of the South) and had to soak it for a few days in a tub of degreaser and dish soap. Not saying anything is wrong with a dirty cab but mine smelled God awful when I got it.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Yeah, I've had to clean mine up a couple of times to get rid of the smell.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
Oh mine was much worse, the rest of the cab has been giving a deep cleaning. Everything got soaked in the tub, monitor, chassis, power supply, fly-back, the inside was cleaned and vacuumed, the area where the light is was cleaned out, I just haven't had time for the control panel. I'm going to order a 2 player one soon, so I'll do it before I have to install.

Honestly when I opened the control panel to take a pic I literally said "Fucking really?"

I'm just glad it doesn't smell like smoke anymore.

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
I swear after seeing all the smoke buildup on this cab I haven't smoked since. This thing looked like it was in the smoking room at Atlanta's Hartsfield airport.

mesmer

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
Ken emailed me a copy of the manual and pointed me to the right page.

Can you share the manual? I'd like to do some adjustments without taking the monitor out to read the PCB to see what each pot is for.