Blast City Club

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
So I’ve decided that the blast’s mono amp is complete garbage and I’m considering how to play MVS games in it with the stereo amp. I usually use either CPS2 or xbox360 in stereo, and it’s a WORLD of difference.
Are their mods that can be done to a 1-slot, or should I look into getting a multi-slot and MVS>Jamma adapter?

Thanks in advance!

I went with a 2 slot and the MVS>JAMMA adapter from JAMMABoards. Excellent audio quality on the blast, and even better on my Egret 2 which I modded to have a stereo amp/speakers.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Thanks for the tip! Funny you mention it, I almost PMed KP since I remember him making some stereo cables for people, I couldn’t remember exactly what for though. Unfortunately I have a 1B and 1FZ <insert sad trombone>... I might try to do a trade for one with stereo support.

I run a 2 slot board with a jamma nation adapter the breaks out the stereo. I run that through a line leveler to the blast city amp, works well. Heres an old pic I took for someone in thread earlier.

Last edited:

KingJavo

Rugal's Thug
10 Year Member
Hey guys! I'm in the market for a super Neo 29 and/or a blast city cab. I would like to have Neo for mvs in there but wouldn't be opposed to my Dreamcast jumping in either.

Any advice on which can is more preferable? The super Neo is $1,000 and the blast is $950 from Ken.

I hear the super Neo cabs are more of a collectible item, but I don't know. Love to hear your guys thoughts.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
If this is your first candy cab, Get a blast. It'll run everything. Parts are easy to find. It's well documented.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
The last two Blast City Club presidents have abandoned us :(

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Ordering the caps to re-cap my Blast's chassis. Is the 1200uF @ 200V a snap in on the chassis? Seems difficult to find with a radial can with leads. Is there anyone that sells cap kits maybe? I got the MS-2931

Last edited:

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
Ordering the caps to re-cap my Blast's chassis. Is the 1200uF @ 200V a snap in on the chassis? Seems difficult to find with a radial can with leads. Is there anyone that sells cap kits maybe? I got the MS-2931

Remember , you can always get cap rated at a higher voltage.

Pasky

Remember , you can always get cap rated at a higher voltage.

Ya that's the thing, once you start getting into those I CAN KILL YOU rating caps in the 200V+ range, they only come in snap-in and screw in.

KingJavo

Rugal's Thug
10 Year Member
I run a 2 slot board with a jamma nation adapter the breaks out the stereo. I run that through a line leveler to the blast city amp, works well. Heres an old pic I took for someone in thread earlier.

Looks like you have all sorts of systems in there. I'm picking up a Blast next week and would love to get a plan set for my Blast setup. Any help would much appreciated. :)

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
Last edited:

Pasky

Got around to putting -5V on my blast finally, shit works great and has a 600mV output. Can finally enjoy Cadash and Double Dragon on the blast.

KingJavo

Rugal's Thug
10 Year Member
Okay, so I'm curious what you guys have playing in your Blast City's? I've got one coming in about a week or so I'm trying to figure out what to load it with... Jamma board suggestions or even systems.

I'm thinking of putting a TMNT board in there and or my Dreamcast.

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
I currently have a MVS 1 slot with the 120-in-1 cart which I play mostly KoF games and Magical Drop. My other Blast City has a japanese xbox360 for vertical shooters mostly by CAVE, but I often pop in a JAMMA PCB shooter like Dodonpachi, Ibara, Batrider, etc, etc.

Pasky

Got the CPS2 Multi in mine currently. Like to pop in Undercover Cops and Tumble Pop every now and then.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Okay, so I'm curious what you guys have playing in your Blast City's? I've got one coming in about a week or so I'm trying to figure out what to load it with... Jamma board suggestions or even systems.

I'm thinking of putting a TMNT board in there and or my Dreamcast.

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

MVS 2 Slot, CPS2 Multiboard, and Hyperspin Setup. Can easily switch between all 3 in about 30 secs.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
It changes.

CPS2/Naomi/Xbox 360/Sega Saturn.

Don't really do the Dreamcast often since I netboot my Naomi.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
the cool thing with candy cabs is they have mounting you can slide in and out. so swapping systems is a breeze. disconnect a few wires, swap boards, plug in wires, change monitor frequency if manual.

I have 5 different mounting boards, naomi, F3, supernova, hyperspin pc , and generic pcb holder.