Black smudge on monitor?

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Ok so I was playing Last Blade 2 a little and I notice on a white background there is a black smudge like area on the right hand side of the arcade monitor, what is that?
smudge.jpg

Last edited:

Dinodoedoe

Bub & Bob's Bub,
20 Year Member
Ok so I was playing Last Blade 2 a little and I notice on a white background there is a black smudge like area on the right hand side of the arcade monitor, what is that?
smudge.jpg

You probably just need to degauss your CRT.

Fox1

20 Year Member
Yea, I pressed the degauss switch a few times and it remains there :/

Fox1

20 Year Member
Ok so I opened the back of the cabinet (finally) and each side of the cabinet there are what it looks like to be a magnet sheet, could that be causing the problem/ do other people's cabinet have those?

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Ok so I opened the back of the cabinet (finally) and each side of the cabinet there are what it looks like to be a magnet sheet, could that be causing the problem/ do other people's cabinet have those?
Any magnetic source would cause discolored areas on the monitor. Speakers that are installed in some cabinets close to the monitor are shielded to prevent this. Try removing the magnet sheet to see if it resolves the problem.

Fox1

20 Year Member
Ok so I bought a degausser and it looks like it didn't rid of it...any ideas? lol