Black horizontal bars across screen. Any ideas about what's wrong?

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Hi,

I'm using an Omega via component directly to the TV, and I'm getting bars that appear across the screen as pictured here in motw and breakers: http://imgur.com/a/92nG2. Sorry about the glare, but you should be able to see the bars clearly in the unibios menu. There are no other apparent graphical or audio issues.

They're not solid black, but the colors are definitely darkened. The bars aren't static either, and follow certain sprites around on the screen. The problem affects multiple games, but not all games. For example, Neo Turf Masters and Windjammers have no such issues. However, the issue is NOT present on Garou and Breakers when I connect through s-video on a different monitor, but then Neo Turf Masters has similar black bars behind certain objects on screen. I don't see anything obvious wrong with any of the pcbs and the crc checks out for all the games I've mentioned.

Because it occurs in different games, and varies based on display/output, I'm thinking it might have something to do with either my displays or maybe the Omega itself rather than any of the individual games. Does anyone have any idea what's going on here? :help:

Thanks