Black Finger Jet

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Have they learned nothing from Morrigan’s sprite in MvC2?

Fuck, I hate everything anymore…surprised it only took 20 years for me to go full circle from enjoying to hating video games. Hobby wise, I feel like an 80 year old.

Stupid middle-ware Raiden V tier brown out on this background, the new Konami STG…many others…it’s just dreck.

yori2004

n00b
Famitsu uploaded a video with better quality:

Game is at less 10% of development.

The boss is inspired by this kid toy:

It looks pretty good and fun. Meeher, Hiya and Akio on the same game, that's a miracle. There's a long interview on Famitsu. This a spiritual sequel to Metal Slug by the creators of Metal Slug. So, reusing MS assets and a similar level to MS2 is an excellent choice.

Pic of the team without Akio:

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
This a spiritual sequel to Metal Slug by the creators of Metal Slug
It looks like the character controls exactly like Metal Slug. The grenade arcs, bullet speeds, jump arc, movement speed, all look 100% identical. I guess go with what you know?

It does look like it might turn out good though.

KGRAMR

Another Striker
Famitsu uploaded a video with better quality:

Game is at less 10% of development.

The boss is inspired by this kid toy:

It looks pretty good and fun. Meeher, Hiya and Akio on the same game, that's a miracle. There's a long interview on Famitsu. This a spiritual sequel to Metal Slug by the creators of Metal Slug. So, reusing MS assets and a similar level to MS2 is an excellent choice.

Pic of the team without Akio:
Seeing Akio's true face would have been too much awesomeness for the universe to handle XD but damn, this is very likely the first (and probably the only picture) we'll ever see of Meeher and Kuichin. It's legit amazing seeing some of the rosters of the people who made such great games on the Neo Geo :)

Technos

Formerly known as #28
20 Year Member

Fuck, I hate everything anymore…surprised it only took 20 years for me to go full circle from enjoying to hating video games. Hobby wise, I feel like an 80 year old.

Stupid middle-ware Raiden V tier brown out on this background, the new Konami STG…many others…it’s just dreck.

This is pretty much my exact sentiment. Metal Slug 3, Symphony of the Night..despite all the technological advancements of the past 20+ years, developers keep chasing these games and the best they can ever muster is this “homage”/ripoff crap that never holds a candle, even at first glance.

Seems like a medium that has plateaued, and is in decline.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member

now you only need to buy a mister and adopt the word goob into your vocabulary

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
A mister for each arcade cab, and cashing out has crossed my mind.
I’m sure the cores will be complete at some point.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
This is pretty much my exact sentiment. Metal Slug 3, Symphony of the Night..despite all the technological advancements of the past 20+ years, developers keep chasing these games and the best they can ever muster is this “homage”/ripoff crap that never holds a candle, even at first glance.

Seems like a medium that has plateaued, and is in decline.
To be fair, there is no way at this point you guys will ever be happy with a product like this though.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
To be fair, there is no way at this point you guys will ever be happy with a product like this though.

Not true. If it were sprites from the ground up…like the NatsumeAtari reduxs, or wire-frames skinned with pixel art married to matching background assets like KoF XII and XIII, or 3D with bright color values such as Sega helmed games like the arcade revs of SpikeOut…I’d be all over many of these new games.

Middle ware used competently is something I can stomach; I adore SamSho 2019, and GG Xrds.

I like games programmed to the metal with art that pops and animates well.

I dislike games that over rely on shared engines and have a muddy, muddled appearance.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
on video, we can see Metal Slug 2 level.. Game is beautiful, can't wait for it now :love:

Technos

Formerly known as #28
20 Year Member

The guys working on this are the very same who set the standard back in the 90’s. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect, or at least hope, that they would attempt to match that standard.

I’m sympathetic to a dev team that has the talent, but not the time. But that doesn’t mean I’m going to pretend a turd looks appetizing.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
The guys working on this are the very same who set the standard back in the 90’s. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect, or at least hope, that they would attempt to match that standard.

I’m sympathetic to a dev team that has the talent, but not the time. But that doesn’t mean I’m going to pretend a turd looks appetizing.
Jackpot!

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I’m going to hold out for the AES port :vik: