Bittboy Pocket Go?

DarkGizmo

n00b
Has anyone picked this up yet? It's a $40 emulation device that supposedly emulates Neo Geo somewhat decently, however. I ordered mine on June 21st, it didn't ship til July 9th, and I'm still sat waiting for it to arrive on the 28th (as of this post) of July, so i'm hoping I get it soon. The shipping was free, and it is coming from China, so i'm expecting a bit of a wait, but I just hope it actually arrives, if not, I'll have to put in a complaint with Paypal to get my money back.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Has anyone picked this up yet? It's a $40 emulation device that supposedly emulates Neo Geo somewhat decently, however. I ordered mine on June 21st, it didn't ship til July 9th, and I'm still sat waiting for it to arrive on the 28th (as of this post) of July, so i'm hoping I get it soon. The shipping was free, and it is coming from China, so i'm expecting a bit of a wait, but I just hope it actually arrives, if not, I'll have to put in a complaint with Paypal to get my money back.
Haven't even heard of it, usually these Chinaman emulation machines have a lot of issues. Let us know what you find when you get it, in terms of sound quality, screen tearing, and if the tricky games even play on it

it290

Not so MEGA, eh?
I have the Bittboy v2 (not the Go) and fwiw the screen is very nice and it does a pretty good job emulating the Neo. I wouldn't use it to play any fighters or anything but it is decent enough for the odd game of Neo Turf Masters. The biggest issue is the software for the custom firmware, you generally can't do things like configure controls very easily without a bunch of tedious config file editing and there's limited documentation available for most of the emulators. You will definitely experience tearing and the sound quality is not really up to snuff. It's also a pain in the ass to find the right romsets for. I would say it's worth it if you just want an extremely tiny and cheap thing to play retro games on but not recommended as a way of playing any of these games seriously.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
I got one sent to review (I don’t review items, but I do like doing product photos on Instagram for games.) they reached out to me via DM and paid me the amount to get it from Amazon in exchange for photos and a review.

It’s...ok. Screen tearing etc.

Makes me miss my dingoo A320

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Screen tearing is a dealbreaker for me. I'm out.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
0490f8c615237f10a33e1d893a2cc000.jpg

Took that the other day in my light box while reviewing that. The manufacturer tells me a new firmware fixes the screen tearing and some compatibility, so I’ll try that out tomorrow

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
I have the Bittboy v2 (not the Go) and fwiw the screen is very nice and it does a pretty good job emulating the Neo. I wouldn't use it to play any fighters or anything but it is decent enough for the odd game of Neo Turf Masters. The biggest issue is the software for the custom firmware, you generally can't do things like configure controls very easily without a bunch of tedious config file editing and there's limited documentation available for most of the emulators. You will definitely experience tearing and the sound quality is not really up to snuff. It's also a pain in the ass to find the right romsets for. I would say it's worth it if you just want an extremely tiny and cheap thing to play retro games on but not recommended as a way of playing any of these games seriously.

I recently picked up a Bittboy V2 from a member here. After 4 attempts to re-partition several Micro SD cards and load up the CFW, I have come to the conclusion that this V2 is unable to be upgraded to play more than NES/FC/GB/GBC. Overall, the system is AWESOME as a player for FC/GB/GBC player. I've been replaying all of the Final Fantasy Legend 1, 2 and 3. Links Awakening DX and Tertris DX is played daily with my coworkers taking over the system from time to time.

That being said, I´m interested in picking up the newer version of the system (in either the regular or Pocket Go version).

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
0490f8c615237f10a33e1d893a2cc000.jpg

Took that the other day in my light box while reviewing that. The manufacturer tells me a new firmware fixes the screen tearing and some compatibility, so I’ll try that out tomorrow

You ever try the firmware fixes? Amazon reviews are stating that it's fixed and some people changed their reviews to 5 stars as a result.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Remember the Gamepark?