Bitcoin Winners

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Many economist are predicting another crash in about 1-2 years time. No one can predict the severity of the crash but some are saying this will be worse than the 2008 crash caused by the banks. Everything will go down even lower than what it already has been. I think more and more people will realize we can't keep trusting the banks. So this might present an opportunity for crypto to make a change. And hopefully by that time, there are a few projects ready for mass adoption.

I would argue that Bitcoin only got as high as it did because an extended period of economic growth winding down encouraged investors flush with cash to be less risk averse than usual in an effort to maintain returns. Many felt they were playing with house money. Once the current bubble bursts, the value of crypto will likely evaporate as people come to their senses and invest in conservative assets. It's absolutely laughable to think that people will flock to risky investments in a recession. Never happened and never will.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Many economist are predicting another crash in about 1-2 years time. No one can predict the severity of the crash but some are saying this will be worse than the 2008 crash caused by the banks. Everything will go down even lower than what it already has been. I think more and more people will realize we can't keep trusting the banks. So this might present an opportunity for crypto to make a change. And hopefully by that time, there are a few projects ready for mass adoption.

Steve Sjuggerud thinks otherwise.

And I mean, it’s super easy to simply go Nostradamus and say there will be a crash far out in time, but unless they have dogs in the fight, money on the horses, or something, anything, to make it more than an empty gentleman’s bet, then whatever.

I feel that we have seen some bloodletting in the past 6 weeks that have taken some wind out of the market in a way that will avoid a huge crash, and the damage of such a huge crash. The trade war with China, Jerome powell’s interest rate jacking, sanctions on Russia, Khashoggi execution blowback, and the midterm elections. My losses during this period have been eye watering. But as a result, I don’t fear a crash anymore. I fear trump tweets and the likelihood that they are coordinated to help Jared and Don Jr play the market.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It's all predictions. Some say the recent dips are appropriate corrections, some say it's tremors before another crash. Either way, i certainly wouldn't be using crypto to prepare for it.

Ford's been hinting at a major loss. Major enough to require government assistance? maybe.

Ford and GE are more of a concern than AMD and Nvidia having losses. those chipmaking companies are quite strong. Public reception to their recent financials doesn't change the fact they are great companies.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It's all predictions. Some say the recent dips are appropriate corrections, some say it's tremors before another crash. Either way, i certainly wouldn't be using crypto to prepare for it.

Ford's been hinting at a major loss. Major enough to require government assistance? maybe.

Ford and GE are more of a concern than AMD and Nvidia having losses. those chipmaking companies are quite strong. Public reception to their recent financials doesn't change the fact they are great companies.

GE is not a real concern. We have seen GE shedding companies, selling off almost all their lines. The writing has been on the wall and the only ones still in are probably old timer retails who have their heads in the ground. But I am concerned about F, as it's been pretty fucking weak since summer.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
This is quite devastating. All I can do is hold strong and ride this out. Sure I’m concerned but as a believer in blockchain I am optimistic this will be beneficial in the long term. If all I’m left with are digital beans then at least I gave it a go. I haven’t remortgaged my house or taken a loan out to be a part of this so it’s not going to break me if the whole thing bottoms out to nothing. Like I said, I’m optimistic.

racecar

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
20 Year Member
BlackRock and vanguard …. all the big hedgefunds is going to the winners with the new bitcoin etf !!