Bit to open cps2 games?

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
If I remember well is a Torx-20, the same as the Xbox. Any advanced tool shop should have it.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
it needs to be a T-20 "security" torx....a regular t-20 will not work. I found sets for like $20 but the only place that had the individual bit in "security" style was Orchards Hardware Supply Store....and it was about $3.50 .....but I only went to hardware places like home depot, yard birds, and places like Wallmart, ace hardware, radio shack, and a few other places...

everyone had regular ones and the $20 sets were only at a couple of those....

Security Torx have the little hole in the end of the bit and regular torx bits have a flat end.

Last edited:

TheGreenMachine

Geese's Thug
Sears also sells the bits. None single(only single screwdrivers), but they sell an individual set of the security Torx bits.

Quite honestly picking up one of the screwdrivers with a whole set of the different security bits is a pretty nice thing to have anyway. Think I paid $14.99 or $19.99. Can't remember.

lill-c

Dodgeball Yakuza
I use a small flat blade screw driver. Put it on one side of the nub in the center and unscrew.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
With a flat-head screwdriver you can unscrew easily but then it's difficult to screw it back tight.

lill-c

Dodgeball Yakuza
The flat blade screw driver works!! It tightens up just fine. I have 3 CPS2 B boards And changed the bat in them all using the screw driver to get the screws out.