Biggest sony PVM

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Lol, I'm selling them on behalf of another member here.
Only really interested readout in like 3

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Damn this thread is going places.

Also...

Actually, I am looking at getting back into mod work. The type of stuff I retired from half a decade before you joined the forums.

But thank you.

I'm the 21st person to have signed up on these forums. Join dates don't mean shit so stop using that as some sort of leverage.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Damn this thread is going places.

Also...

I'm the 21st person to have signed up on these forums. Join dates don't mean shit so stop using that as some sort of leverage.

What I'm sayin' is... I got a record and a history he don't know nothing about.

Dr Docking

out of control fake account
I didn't start talking shit and throwing shade. You did.

I suggest you require a penis enlargement treatment, I have appointments available this week if need be, you can rest assured you won't behave badly on the internet like you just did.

Oh hey KP! thanks for visiting last month! Hope the procedure went well you missed your last checkup.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
What I'm sayin' is... I got a record and a history he don't know nothing about.

And so does he. Saying you were on these forums longer then he was just makes you seem pretentious. You can easily make your case without saying how much longer you were here for then he was. :|

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Saying you were on these forums longer then he was |

That wasn't the point.

Dude is always shiting on my posts because I hustle shit that I neither buy nor sell on the forums.

So when he ascribes everything I post to that, it gets annoying.

Last edited:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Seems we’re drifting off topic here.

Thread locked.

[CLICK]

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
That wasn't the point.

Dude is always shiting on my posts because I hustle shit that I neither buy nor sell on the forums.

So when he ascribes everything I post to that, it gets annoying.

I suppose so but to him a few others the feeling is mutual. I don't have a dog in this race either way but you do rub people the wrong way I've seen. lol

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I suppose so but to him a few others the feeling is mutual. I don't have a dog in this race either way but you do rub people the wrong way I've seen. lol

Is he still talking? Jesus, just gotta have the last word I see. I'm done with his ass. Him and Duperfun can fuck right off.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I think what joe8 is saying is that he has one but he now lives in it.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
A high-end consumer-grade tv is fine, imo. I wouldn't go through the trouble of trying to get the biggest pvm and pay up the ass

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
A high-end consumer-grade tv is fine, imo. I wouldn't go through the trouble of trying to get the biggest pvm and pay up the ass

Fuck buying a CRT today, find a nice device that scales those old devices to something like 1080p or emulate instead. That's the future and we all know it.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
I also think those PVMs & BVMs are kind of overrated. Yes the picture quality is great but you have to spend crazy money to get one in a decent size.
I'm very happy with my Metz consumer TV Made in Germany, was 15 €. Just snagged a Sony 29 inch consumer TV this weekend for free. Will pick it up on Monday.
Also own a 13 inch PVM but man it's just too tiny, not talking about the integrated mono speaker. It was only 40 € shipped, gladly survived the shipping. Wouldn't spend more than 50 € for a CRT. Got most of mine for free, because peeps just wanted to get rid of them.

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I bought over 6 Pvms for 20 a piece. Bought a 2530 NOS in the box for 50. More than fair.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
PVMs were godlike up to the moment they started getting popular with fellow internet neckbeards. They were great when you could pick them up for free or a very small fee locally because someone decided to throw their old equipment away, nowadays not so much now that some people figured out they could flip those, too.

Buying a regular, good quality CRT then modding it or just using component seems to be the way to go now.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
The good thing here in Germany is that you never need to mod a CRT for RGB. The quality of the former high end consumer TVs is also very good. Brands like Metz, Loewe or Grundig were awesome back in the day.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Can confirm. Not true...anymore.

Milwaukee really is a wonderful time

PVMs were godlike up to the moment they started getting popular with fellow internet neckbeards. They were great when you could pick them up for free or a very small fee locally because someone decided to throw their old equipment away, nowadays not so much now that some people figured out they could flip those, too.

Buying a regular, good quality CRT then modding it or just using component seems to be the way to go now.

This is pretty accurate.
I mean most of what I play now is psx-ps2 era stuff so component is petty accessible.

Additionally, as overpriced as they are, the HD retrovision cables hopefully take some of the desire for pvms away

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I bought over 6 Pvms for 20 a piece. Bought a 2530 NOS in the box for 50. More than fair.

Yeah, but people need to stop bragging about their scores like this. It isn't the norm nor will it fall into your laps this easy. PVMs are going for 300+ not just on eBay but also on FB marketplace and Craigslist. The world caught on. Places like Michigan, Ohio, Tennessee, Maine, etc. (i.e. places not NY or CA) are not overflowing with them and BESIDES, buying HD Retrovision component cables (instead of Scart/RGB) and playing your games on a high quality Sony, JVC, etc. consumer grade TV looks pretty fucking good. I'm sure 800 TVLs are the devil's tits but a consumer grade Trinitron look decent too.

Disclaimer: I own a PVM and still stand by this opinion. This trend is beyond saving, better snatch up a cheap high-quality CRT before prices go up and supplies diminish (most people are trashing them).

edit: For those not in the know, HD Retrovision makes systems that were previously thought to only support composite or SCART able to use component.

Here's a list of component capable systems that use HD Retrovision

SNES
Genesis

And then these three can use the Genesis cable with an adapter:

Saturn
PC Engine (with a 25 dollar adapter from ebay or SSD3)
Neo Geo

Future:

Dreamcast

That's super solid. HD Retrovision is pricey but you get the genesis cable you can just reuse it for other systems. If you're into PS1 games buy a PS2 and component cables (not sure PS1 is component capable).

Last edited: