Big Red in the MIT Media Lab

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
Hey guys,

I was recently at the MIT Media Lab (old building at 20 Ames St.), and look what I found!

MIT_MVS.jpg

It was great to see the MVS celebrated at one of the world's most high-tech places. They truly know the power of 24 bits - anything else is just child's play... Yup.

So don't let the fact that some little kids were into playing Metal Slug. So it's child's play too. so what.

Where are some other unexpected places to find NEO•GEO cabs?

I'd just love to find one at an airport. I remember when airports had little arcades. Hotels too. WTF happened?

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Nice find! Looks like it's in great shape too!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I found three neo candys in the downstairs lobby of a Japanese hotel. I didn't even know what was down there till I was walking around in the hotel after getting plastered at the bar. Played some last blade and nam 75 for a couple of hours, then went upstairs to my room and passed out.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
There are still some airports with mini arcades. Hotels are hit and miss, it's more the "resort" style hotels where families would stay. Most airport arcades have more modern things, a racing game or two, two shooting games like buck hunter or whatever the other ones are and maybe a pin or two. It's still cool to see little kids these days get excited over arcade games even though they're from a bygone area. Last time I believe I saw a Big Red at a hotel was in Louisville in 2003 or 2004, a hotel that's no longer with us.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
I found three neo candys in the downstairs lobby of a Japanese hotel. I didn't even know what was down there till I was walking around in the hotel after getting plastered at the bar. Played some last blade and nam 75 for a couple of hours, then went upstairs to my room and passed out.

Actual cool story...

Evilpoptart

Kula's Candy
Thank god the decent local bars here in Milwaukee still sport some arcade games. Granted they are the newer ones like buck hunter or a racing pod. Gotta give some love for the old Cherry Masters and or Queen Bee's still around.

Dark Sakul

Marked Wolf
Tablets. Tablets happened. Fuck you very much, Steve Jobs.
I agree 101%

Thank god the decent local bars here in Milwaukee still sport some arcade games. Granted they are the newer ones like buck hunter or a racing pod. Gotta give some love for the old Cherry Masters and or Queen Bee's still around.

I actually hate what the "modern" arcade cabinet as become in the United States.
All I see are Big Buck Hunter, some Nascar BS (and not even the good Nascar game like Sega's Daytona) and that Army Recruitment Machine, America's Army. What a Bull shit and boring Shooter that turned out to me.
I aced everything except for the really BS shoot gun segment.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I agree 101%

I actually hate what the "modern" arcade cabinet as become in the United States.
All I see are Big Buck Hunter, some Nascar BS (and not even the good Nascar game like Sega's Daytona) and that Army Recruitment Machine, America's Army. What a Bull shit and boring Shooter that turned out to me.
I aced everything except for the really BS shoot gun segment.

All I arcades I see these days are racing games and gun games. I went to an arcade a few months back and the selection was terrible, half the place was racing games and the other half was like ticket redemption and what... 3 fighters shoved to the side.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Most of the time all I see are Golden Tee machines... then again, I probably spend too much time in bars.

That said, I did recently see a big red and an MKII machine at a goddamned pizza parlor. Nearly brought me to tears. Like 1994 all over again.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
It's sad when my basement is the best arcade I know of in a 20 mile radius.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
The Mortal Kombat 1 I sold is in a pizza place in the center of my town. Has MK1 and MKII in it and on Free Play.