Better Call Saul !

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Welcome back, Saul! No idea they were dropping back to back episodes.

Spoiler:

Mike is such a wreck right now, shit was tough to watch.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Season 4 was a bit of a letdown for me. Good start to this season, though. The pace looks to have picked up, that's a good thing, IMO.

BTW, some actors showing their age now. Esposito (Fring) looks much older. Funnily enough though, Jonathan Banks has always looked the same to me.

WRT the age thing, was always going to be tricky having seasons of a prequel air about a decade after the original show.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Season 4 was a bit of a letdown for me. Good start to this season, though. The pace looks to have picked up, that's a good thing, IMO.

BTW, some actors showing their age now. Esposito (Fring) looks much older. Funnily enough though, Jonathan Banks has always looked the same to me.

WRT the age thing, was always going to be tricky having seasons of a prequel air about a decade after the original show.

Yeah, Odenkirk is 57 now the Kim actress is 47 and Mike is 70+. Thankfully the show is so good that doesn’t really bother me too much. If they haven’t already confirmed it yet, I do think this should be the last season.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Yeah, Odenkirk is 57 now the Kim actress is 47 and Mike is 70+. Thankfully the show is so good that doesn’t really bother me too much. If they haven’t already confirmed it yet, I do think this should be the last season.

Im honestly not sure how old Saul is supposed to be. He's definitely supposed to be a good deal younger than Bob. He seems to be about late thirties to early forties but his brother was about sixty. Would have made more sense to make them half brothers which could have been an angle to use to explain why Saul is such a fuck up

Last edited:

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Had no idea that the reason the character of Mike Ehrmantraut existed was solely because Bob Odenkirk wasn't available for a particular episode as he was already booked for some work in the 'How I Met Your Mother' show.
So they invented the character of Mike to carry the plot work that they needed done for that particular BB episode.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Had no idea that the reason the character of Mike Ehrmantraut existed was solely because Bob Odenkirk wasn't available for a particular episode as he was already booked for some work in the 'How I Met Your Mother' show.
So they invented the character of Mike to carry the plot work that they needed done for that particular BB episode.

Jesse, Mike and Saul were all supposed to only be in a few episodes but all three of the actors did such a good job they made them regulars.

Has anyone been watching the new season? Last few episodes have been as good as anything on BB. Lalo is a great villain and really offers something new.

Ive been hearing rumours of a Kim Wexler spin-off in the works.

bradtemple87

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
The new season was awesome all the way through! Great momentum in the end stretch

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Amazing season this one. Last episode was superb.

Good variety of performances, subtle and not so subtle interelations between characters, environments, experiences. Really thrilling

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Lalo has added a lot of life to the show since the character's introduction. Tony Dalton straddles the line between fun/charming and frightening psychopath quite deftly.

leGionellz

Pancho Villa is my Direct Ancestor,
This series is definitely up there with BB. Brilliant writing with many layers and symbolism that is actually interesting to catch.

Can’t wait for the final season.

After that I’m going to rewatch the entire BB series. It will then be 7-8 years since it aired, so I will have forgotten plenty of it, to make it interesting again ��

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Yeah, I agree with all the sentiments. Episode 9 was up there with some of the best from Breaking Bad. And the final episode was tense and entertaining.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
It blows my mind how many people sleep on this show, it's as good as Breaking Bad and occasionally tops it.

I think the first season was too slow for most people, I bet the hype will kick up for the final season and people will wake up to how good this show is.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
The other day finished watching it. Power season this one. Superb finale and Lalo is a great character.