Best Zeppelin album

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I love the hard rocking tone of 2, but 3 is where Plant really started transitioning from screaming to singing. There were both in the previous albums, sure but there was a great transition there that I love to this day.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
II is fucking great! But if you really think Presence sucks, fucking re-listen to it. I find it hard to believe anyone who like Led Zeppelin could not like that album, especially "Achilles Last Stand" and one of my favorite songs of theirs, "Tea for One".... But you're probably just trolling.

Maybe 'sucked' was the wrong term. Of course it didn't suck as all Zeppelin albums were great. But the best of the bunch?

You are right, I haven't listened to Presence for a while. Or any Zeppelin album in general. Zeppelin was a great part of my life 10-15 years ago but my taste in music advanced since that time. I remember Presence as being too soft compared to I or II for instance. But I'll give it a spin today again, cheers.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I'm the kind of retard that only buys Best Of albums.

Except the last time I bought an album was about 10 years ago so I don't even care about albums.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I think III is the best all around album.

One of the first LP's I bought as a teenager. Was easily my favorite then. Still my favorite now.

I also wonder, did Peter Jackson base the screams of the Ring-Wraiths on the screams of Plant in "Battle of Evermore"?

Last edited:

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Best album? All. It's Led Zeppelin.
You could also say that about the Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, and Nirvana. All of their albums were good. Maybe some were better than others, though.
All the Zeppelin albums have one or two songs that I like. But I've only heard the earlier albums (up to Houses of the Holy), and the Led Zeppelin compilation CD, so I haven't heard a lot of their later songs.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Hendrix had a lot of mediocre albums if you count some of the stuff that came out after his death.

And I'm not even talking about the Springboard stuff and other titles. The Reprise stuff wasn't that great.

Last edited:

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
I don’t care for the Beatles or Hendrix that much anymore. Nirvana yes. lately I’m listening to people like Lou Reed because I’m fucking weird.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I don’t care for the Beatles or Hendrix that much anymore. Nirvana yes. lately I’m listening to people like Lou Reed because I’m fucking weird.

Yea no beatles, hendrix, acdc and guns n roses for this guy.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I hate AC/DC and Guns N’ Roses even more than the Beatles or Hendrix. I also really don’t like the Grateful Dead lol

man yesterday at my job we sold a used Guns N’ Roses LP for $27

I've never been able to understand the cult-like following of dead heads. I could never get into the band no matter how much people tried.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
I thought the dead might sound better on LSD. I was wrong LMFAO

If I wanna hear good improv I’ll listen to a jazz band or bluegrass band. The dead just aren’t even on that level of musicianship. Sometimes get close but always meh

Last edited:

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
I could never take to led zeppelin, had a few of they're albums, but i only liked 2 maybe 3 song's on each album i had.
massive band, but not for me.
Being a metalhead i should probably have put them on a pedastol, but lordy the drum solos, bass solos, 10 minute guitar solos were too much for me, i like my rock fast and hard and zeppelin only deliver in dribs and drabs IMO.
To see jimmy page back in the day playing a double guitar, or a guitar with a violin bow was so fucking pretentious, bit of a pompous twat really.
Give me ac/dc, motorhead, saxon, sabbath, early maiden anyday.
Just my opinion !!!!!.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I could never take to led zeppelin, had a few of they're albums, but i only liked 2 maybe 3 song's on each album i had.
massive band, but not for me.
Being a metalhead i should probably have put them on a pedastol, but lordy the drum solos, bass solos, 10 minute guitar solos were too much for me, i like my rock fast and hard and zeppelin only deliver in dribs and drabs IMO.
To see jimmy page back in the day playing a double guitar, or a guitar with a violin bow was so fucking pretentious, bit of a pompous twat really.
Give me ac/dc, motorhead, saxon, sabbath, early maiden anyday.
Just my opinion !!!!!.

X418ylY.jpg

cat

Each to they're own, but the zeppelin, were not for me.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
I don’t see anything pretentious about a double necked guitar, actually it’s quite practical for switching between 12 and 6 strigg sound in a song or having two alternate tunings. From the point of view of a musician, a double necked guitar is quite a useful tool. Sure it looks funny but as long as it sounds good I see no problem. The violin bow on the other hand sounded kinda terrible. Lol

cat

I don’t see anything pretentious about a double necked guitar, actually it’s quite practical for switching between 12 and 6 strigg sound in a song or having two alternate tunings. From the point of view of a musician, a double necked guitar is quite a useful tool. Sure it looks funny but as long as it sounds good I see no problem. The violin bow on the other hand sounded kinda terrible. Lol

Yeah i'm not dogging jimmy page as a musician, he's class.
And back on track physical graffiti is probably my fav album of zeppelin, some good tracks on that double album, kashmir being my favoutite.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Led Zeppelin is one of those bands whose music was so overplayed during my 'classic rock radio' years that I actually grew tired of hearing them.

Don't take that to mean I think they are bad. They are legend and I like them.

But at this point, I have to be in the mood to listen to Zeppelin. Otherwise, I immediately change the tune because I'm so familiar with the most played tracks that they don't move me anymore.

But I still think their 'best' album is the boring choice: IV

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
Led Zeppelin is one of those bands whose music was so overplayed during my 'classic rock radio' years that I actually grew tired of hearing them.

Don't take that to mean I think they are bad. They are legend and I like them.

But at this point, I have to be in the mood to listen to Zeppelin. Otherwise, I immediately change the tune because I'm so familiar with the most played tracks that they don't move me anymore.

But I still think their 'best' album is the boring choice: IV

I agree it’s hard to listen to a lot of radio played zeppelin songs. That’s why I enjoy presence, it basically has no radio play.