BEST TV Shows to watch... CURRENTLY...

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Oh yeah Night of was great. Westworld next week I think

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
The only show I watch that has premiered so far is Lucifer.

I tried to give Gotham and Agents of SHIELD another chance but they both still suck.

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza
Did anyone happen to catch the premiere of the The Exorcist on FOX? Just reading around and seeing positive reviews/feedback, wanted to know if anyone here saw it and had some comments?

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Halt and Catch Fire

This show is great and it's a shame that seemingly no one has heard of it. I'm glad it is somehow getting a third season.

I highly recommend all of you nerds check this out.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Watched season 2 of dusk til dawn and enjoyed it a lot. I think Norton and I have different tastes.

I enjoy znation. It's campy.

Mr Robot season 2 was good and bad. Started slow. Almost lost me with the BS. In the end it was awesome.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Did anyone happen to catch the premiere of the The Exorcist on FOX? Just reading around and seeing positive reviews/feedback, wanted to know if anyone here saw it and had some comments?

I watched it, not heavy on any horror.
Kind of a slow burn, that made me look forward to what's next. Disclosure: I'm a big exorcist fan.

Cornerb0y

Krauser's Henchman
This show is great and it's a shame that seemingly no one has heard of it. I'm glad it is somehow getting a third season.

I highly recommend all of you nerds check this out.

100% agree. As a C64 fan, I can't get enough of this show.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Anyone catch the new MacGuyver the other night and think it does the old show any justice or too early to tell?

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Anyone catch the new MacGuyver the other night and think it does the old show any justice or too early to tell?

Reviews for it have been terrible. It looks like they completely missed what made the old show fun.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
I still very much enjoy The Walking Dead. We are on S6, about halfway through. The show consistently leaves me wanting to start the next episode - which to me is the hallmark of a good show. Every 4-5 eps they do the "background" stories, which seem like fillers and they lack the action and tensity of others, but it is what it is.

Halt and Catch Fire we watched 3 eps, just didn't grab us - we wanted to like it, the time period was captured really well, as good, maybe better than Stranger Things, but I just found it too slow moving and we abandoned it.

We're anticipating good things from Luke Cage. Everything in that line has been better than we expected; Daredevil and Jessica Jones are both very solid.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Fear the Walking Dead finale next week. I swear these people are the dumbest & luckiest people ever. They shouldn't be rewarded with stupidity but oh well. Im liking the father & son conflict, im curious to see how they are going conclude it.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Reviews for it have been terrible. It looks like they completely missed what made the old show fun.

Ugh, I'll have to check it out, we DVR'd it and if it's that bad I'll give it one or two more episodes then it's canceled permanently.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Just watched the first episode of Luke Cage.

Pretty good so far. Better first episode than Jessica Jones, not quite as good as Daredevil's.

I'd be marathoning it right now if there weren't a Ring of Honor PPV, Rockies game, and Bombers game about to start

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Probably been mentioned before and if it hasn't even better, Stranger Things is a pretty good 8 ep season. If you like Stephen king and or John Carpenter then you'll enjoy this show. All I can say is that I am rarely gripped by anything on TV but this one gripped me!

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
The Night of and Stranger Things were good summer shows.
Just saw the premier of Westworld (HBO). I thought it was pretty good. There are several questions I had after the show finished, but I'm sure they will be answered in the upcoming episodes.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Ash vs. Evil Dead premier was awesome. They seem to have stepped up the practical effects which is nice.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Season 3 of Z nation has started but I'm waiting until it all ends up on Netflix.

One of the greatest TV shows of all time.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Are you being serious? Is Z Nation that good?

I was thinking of checking out the Shannara Chronicles, anybody see that yet? Has Manu Bennett. Im also thinking of rewatching Spartacus again, i bought the bluray box set & its probably my fav show.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Are you being serious? Is Z Nation that good?

It is amazing.
I takes about 6 episodes to get "it". But once you get "it". It is some kind of awesome. Like the Arrested Development of Zombie Shows.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Ok...so what do I have going on/in progress at the moment...

Z-Nation- Just can't get into this. Watched the first season, I thought it was dumb. Not good-dub, just regular dumb.

Narcos- This show is heavy for me so I can only watch an episode of two at most before I have to take a break from it. It's very well made, but it wears on you. So much reading doesn't help. I'm about 1/2 way through Season 2.

Flash- I was into season 2 before Hulu fucked it all up (like they do with all CW shows) and then pulled it completely. It's going to pop up soon on Netflix so I can finally watch it.

Luke Cage- I'm hot/cold with this one. There's parts I really like about it...and parts that I do not. Honestly, I feel it's trying to hard to pander to the black viewers. As in "Hey look black america....we can be black toooo!!!!" At times, the dialog sound like silly things white writers would "think" black folks would say.

iZombie- Unlike Z Nation, this show is "good dumb". Like Flash, Hulu fucked this on up good with season 2 so watch it comes to Netflix, I'll watch it as well. Finished up season 1 some time ago.

Game of Thrones- Fully caught up, the last season was great.

Walking Dead- Fully caught up but will not be watching the next season in real time. I'm fucking sick of the cliffhanger/mid season break shit, it ruins the flow fo the show and ending damn near every episode wide open is the current path they're taking. I'll binge watch it come this time next year.

Daredevil- Fully caught up and season 2 was freaking awesome. I wonder how long it will be before we get a Season 3.

Jessica Jones- Another good series. Stupid slow at the start, it picked up quick and ended well.

Ash vs the Evil Dead.......such want to watch this but currently, the only option is paying $$$ for it and I'm not going to do that.

Man in the High Castle- Finished season 1 some time ago...look forward to whenever season 2 comes out.

Tick- Watched the bizarre Amazon pilot of this...not sure how I feel about it. I'd watch more if Amazon makes more but it won't break my heart if they don't.

Westworld- Like everyone else, I watched the first episode of this last night and it did not disappoint. It was superb. I have high hopes for this show...

...that's all I can think of for the moment...

Last edited:

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Z-Nation- Just can't get into this. Watched the first season, I thought it was dumb. Not good-dub, just regular dumb. /// I thought this looked stupid dumb. Tempted to watch 1 show now though. Is it sort of like Shaun of the Dead? That was awesome. This looked more like that horrible Woody Harrelson zombie movie.

Narcos- This show is heavy for me so I can only watch an episode of two at most before I have to take a break from it. It's very well made, but it wears on you. So much reading doesn't help. I'm about 1/2 way through Season 2. /// Top 5 show all time. We watch everything w/subtitles. I have some hearing loss so i've used subtitles for years - so I honestly didn't realize it was in spanish until I just confirmed w/my wife. "Yeah hon, like 85% was Spanish?". Who knew - anyways, so that def didn't affect my viewing, and as such, we did knock out 2-3 shows a night and S2 is just amazing, as good as S1. I won't spoil, but...there are a lot of things this series could do if it wanted to continue.

Luke Cage- I'm hot/cold with this one. There's parts I really like about it...and parts that I do not. Honestly, I feel it's trying to hard to pander to the black viewers. As in "Hey look black america....we can be black toooo!!!!" At times, the dialog sound like silly things white writers would "think" black folks would say. /// will be starting this in a week or two.

iZombie- Unlike Z Nation, this show is "good dumb". Like Flash, Hulu fucked this on up good with season 2 so watch it comes to Netflix, I'll watch it as well. Finished up season 1 some time ago. /// We enjoyed it, same vein as "Dead Like Me", heroine is cute and fun which is enough for me.

Walking Dead- Fully caught up but will not be watching the next season in real time. I'm fucking sick of the cliffhanger/mid season break shit, it ruins the flow fo the show and ending damn near every episode wide open is the current path they're taking. I'll binge watch it come this time next year. /// We don't watch any shows real time - everything is a season at a time on Netflix. It doesn't change the feeling - we just wrapped up last ep of S6...just hanging on who was getting beat w/the bat. This show has so many directions they can run - it imo is still innovative and unpredictable - we love it. I told my wife in mid S3 that Michonne and Rick would hook up - glad they did, it fits.

Daredevil- Fully caught up and season 2 was freaking awesome. I wonder how long it will be before we get a Season 3. /// Punisher was beyond great. Less Foggy in S2 was also great (Elden Henson and his character are both miserable). Vincent D'onofrio seemed too over the top the first part of S1, but to his credit, he has sold it well and now he's one of my fav characters. Excellent show.

Jessica Jones- Another good series. Stupid slow at the start, it picked up quick and ended well. //// Agree, started very slow, and being personally unfamiliar w/the comic character, it was even slower. We stopped, read up a little and tried again. Ended up being really well done.

Man in the High Castle- Finished season 1 some time ago...look forward to whenever season 2 comes out. /// Haven't watched yet - have it in the queue though.

Westworld- Like everyone else, I watched the first episode of this last night and it did not disappoint. It was superb. I have high hopes for this show... /// Never heard of until this thread - very intrigued.

Very similar tastes smokey. //// my personal comments in your quote above

We are watching:

Blacklist S3 - starting to feel formula and repetitive. Will have to pick back up or it's going to fall into the pile of shows where they should have quite while ahead.

Detectorists S2 - this is a quirky, fun, british comedy. It's very light and eps are 23 minutes, it's nice for when you want something not too deep, but not silly stupid.

Big Bang Theory - just kidding. Anyone who watches this crap should be banned from the forum, and from life.

Bloodline S2 - just wrapped this up a couple weeks ago. Was worried it would suck - Mendolson is so freaking great, but they managed enough drama to keep the show worth the watch. The sister is a classic 2-face. Some scenes she's boner medicine, other times she makes you turn away from the tube.

Flaked S1 - we both love Will Arnett. There isn't much he can't do that we wouldn't like, but this was close. The show has a few funny moments, but ultimately none of the characters are worth caring about and the California scene is just sort of pretentious and played out.

Last edited:

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I'm not a big tv person but my wife is so she makes me watch her shows. Hate to admit but kind of starting liking Chicago Med, Chicago Fire and my favorite one of the three Chicago PD lol.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
On episode 7 of Luke Cage and I am enjoying it quite a bit. It does seem a bit pandering at times but not to an insulting degree, it's a nice connector between JJ and DD. Casting is good and the soundtrack is amazing. I wish there were a bit more action through, especially coming off DD season 2.