Best Shelving for MVS games and Shockboxes

Larrabee

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I did a search on the site and found a thread about this where people suggested the Besta from IKEA. Sadly, the 5 shelf/shallow version is no longer sold in the US (online and phasing out in stores).

What do you guys use for shelving/bookcases to store this stuff. Looking to get a nice fit for the 20+ shock boxes and some loose games.

Besides the Besta, what would you recommend? Would be even better if you could post pictures.

Thanks!

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I did a search on the site and found a thread about this where people suggested the Besta from IKEA. Sadly, the 5 shelf/shallow version is no longer sold in the US (online and phasing out in stores).

What do you guys use for shelving/bookcases to store this stuff. Looking to get a nice fit for the 20+ shock boxes and some loose games.

Besides the Besta, what would you recommend? Would be even better if you could post pictures.

Thanks!

Well, first of all, Big Tymers only use real wood, son ;)

I bought decent hardwood ones from Sam's Club and built a couple of extra shelves. Next time, gonna try building the whole thing from scratch, because my woodworking > Chinese factory product.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I just use a regular adjustable shelf bookcase from Target. Works perfectly.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
The floor in my office always worked well for me with about 80 carts. When I felt like being fancy I had a couple $20-30 shelves I bought at Wal-Mart that were put together at home.

ColdWolf35

King's Dry Cleaner
As a storage method for now, I'm using a box that contained a Strikers 1945 Plus marquee. It fits a good portion of games into it, however, I am looking to upgrade sometime soon.

Ideally, I would love to have one shelving unit that can fit EVERY game that I have from top to bottom, and just showcase the stuff like library books.

Edit: the Strikers 1945 Plus marquee was provided by xxballzdeep. Thank you for the marquee; it's sitting at my cubicle at work.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I was going to suggest the Billy, but it seems pretty hefty and the price tag si a bit steep as far as shelving goes. They do look pretty versatile though, so who knows?

Larrabee

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I guess I will hit up ikea and pick up this shallow billy bookcase tomorrow, will report back with my findings.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
The billy is what I have in my room.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
My collection has wound down, likely to get smaller, and one of theseLack shelves does it perfectly. You can hold 6 games in a shockbox per shelf just fine, so depending how you use the bottom or top, you can get 42 just from one unit. Nice thing is it's narrow for limited space.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20163779/

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
My collection has wound down, likely to get smaller, and one of theseLack shelves does it perfectly. You can hold 6 games in a shockbox per shelf just fine, so depending how you use the bottom or top, you can get 42 just from one unit. Nice thing is it's narrow for limited space.

I like the thin profile from it, looks a lot thinner in the picture but if it can hold 6 shocks then it should be pretty wide.

I was going to use the billys to hold all of my games, have over 500 of them so I need a considerable amount of room for all of those boxes lol

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
DSCN1145_zpscd693de2.jpg

From Ikea. Is $25. I forget what it's called. Works great, has 5 shelves, no bowing.

Larrabee

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Reporting back with the shallow version of the Billy bookcase. Came in at $59.99 and is perfect. Here are some pictures to see depth and spacing. Looks like it holds 17 shock boxes across comfortably.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Reporting back with the shallow version of the Billy bookcase. Came in at $59.99 and is perfect. Here are some pictures to see depth and spacing. Looks like it holds 17 shock boxes across comfortably.

thats the shallow??? holy hell that's pretty deep for a book case. that's the billy available online right now?

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member

These are pretty nice looking...whats the vertical distance between the shelves...dusty shockbox tops bother me...

elgwido

New Challenger
Love the Billy bookcase. You can adjust all the shelves except for the one in the middle. You could probably get around 4 rows to perfectly fit the height of a shockbox.

neogeo1.jpg

ColdWolf35

King's Dry Cleaner
Love the Billy bookcase. You can adjust all the shelves except for the one in the middle. You could probably get around 4 rows to perfectly fit the height of a shockbox.

View attachment 11202

Man, seeing the stuff that you can fit in the Billy, it looks pretty damn decent! It looks like a possible purchase in the future.

Larrabee

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Interested in how you guys store your MVS games. Shockbox, Windy sleeve, naked?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I've got them in shockboxes, although I would love to have a tall bookcase with more than 5 shelves and use Windy Sleeves instead. I love my carts but damn do they take up too much space.

*edit* I suppose I could stack them vertically. Hmmm...

Slugger

Marked Wolf
I´ve also got a pair of black Billy bookcases with Billy Morebo glass aluminum doors. Works and looks good for the price and also helps to keep the dust away.

Larrabee

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I've got them in shockboxes, although I would love to have a tall bookcase with more than 5 shelves and use Windy Sleeves instead. I love my carts but damn do they take up too much space.

*edit* I suppose I could stack them vertically. Hmmm...

I guess that is what I am thinking about too, space. I can fit more carts with sleeves than shockboxes. Obviously the shockboxes look better.