Best power supply and wattage for HNG64

k1702

n00b
Hello All,l recently acquired a HGN 64 fighting board ,l am uncertain of the wattage needed for the power supply. l have a 133 watt power supply in my cps 1, 2,3 and neogeo 1 slot which work with no issues. Also l have a 150watt supply in my neogeo mv4. I think with the l/O board in the HNG64 will draw more power than the 133w CAN PROVIDE.
My questions are,

What wattage is the best for the HNG64?

Will a 150watt supply be good enough for the HNG64?

Thanks for your attention

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Just make sure the power supply can provide at least 5A on the 5V line and you'll be good.

k1702

n00b
Hey Lach,thanks for the response
The game boots up with no problems,I'm seeing the the blue boot up screen,boot tests reading OK (using a 133 watt power supply ,+5 16 amps)but when l coin up, and press buttons during gameplay,the game goes blank
Also, I have a gbs 8200 rgb to vga adapter installed, I get the "no signal" text from the adapter when the game goes blank
The other variable is that l have a 180 watt Amp hooked (I have it on low volumeup via the stereo molex connector not the -5 connection for audio.
l did test the 133 watt supply and vga adapter on other boards,(igs pgm,cps1,2,3)they work with no issues.

Is it possible the Amp combined with the l/O board . is causing the extra power draw and the game cuts off due to low wattage?Or something is wrong with the board?

Should l ditch the stereo Amp and go mono via the -5v connection to lower the power draw on the power supply?

Or is the vga adapter causing the blank screen?(I know this adapter boards need adjusting until the right setting)

I had a thought, l could try hooking up the board to the 150watt supply on my neogeo mv4 cab Would it work? Thanks for the attention

k1702

n00b
Hey Lach,thanks for the response
The game boots up with no problems,I'm seeing the the blue boot up screen,boot tests reading OK (using a 133 watt power supply ,+5 16 amps)but when l coin up, and press buttons during gameplay,the game goes blank
Also, I have a gbs 8200 rgb to vga adapter installed, I get the "no signal" text from the adapter when the game goes blank
The other variable is that l have a 180 watt Amp hooked (I have it on low volume )up via the stereo molex connector not the -5 connection for audio.
l did test the 133 watt supply and vga adapter on other boards,(igs pgm,cps1,2,3)they work with no issues.

Is it possible the Amp combined with the l/O board . is causing the extra power draw and the game cuts off due to low wattage?Or something is wrong with the board?

Should l ditch the stereo Amp and go mono via the -5v connection to lower the power draw on the power supply?

Or is the vga adapter causing the blank screen?(I know this adapter boards need adjusting until the right setting)

I had a thought, l could try hooking up the board to the 150watt supply on my neogeo mv4 cab Would it work? Thanks for the attention

k1702

n00b
Hello Lach,thanks for the response,l again rechecked the 5+ voltage as you, was exactly 5 volts.lt got me thinking it is not a power issue but video connection / resolution, with the rgb vga adapter, l accessed the settings and changed it to 480 resolution.

Turns out that was the issue! The video doesn't cut off in demo mode or actual gameplay.l remember changing the resolution settings to 480, or I was tired and forgot to try that

Thanks alot for setting me in the right direction.Seasons greetings to you!