Best Christmas gift ever - NGPC with games

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
So, my girlfriend and I were exchanging Christmas gifts, and one of the things she got me was an NGPC with King of Fighters R2, Metal Slug 1st Mission, Samurai Shodown II, Fatal Fury First Contact, SNK Vs. Capcom, and Pac-Man. Needless to say, I paid for our night out later as thanks. :buttrock:

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Good haul, that is an ace list of games for the NGPC. If you love fighters, you're going to want to pick up Gals Fighters and Last Blade: Beyond the Destiny on the NGPC too. Sonic the Hedgehog Pocket Adventures on the NGPC is another great platformer for the console — looks absolutely amazing.

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
Yeah, I should pick those up sometime, thanks for the suggestions! I'm still getting used to the controls but the system's pretty slick. It's a shame I'd never owned one before but I've been loving it.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
That's an awesome gift. Your GF is a keeper. ;)

bokmeow

Yeah, I should pick those up sometime, thanks for the suggestions! I'm still getting used to the controls but the system's pretty slick. It's a shame I'd never owned one before but I've been loving it.

The microswitch controller stick makes me orgasm, it's just so response to the 360˚ motion called for in fighters. It's a real shame that they hadn't the marketing or software support. TFT LCD on this console is the best ever too, light years beyond the GBA and the Wonderswan that came after it.

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
Yeah, all the games play smoothly on the stick and I love the screen. Easy to follow the action. But yes, I love my girlfriend - she totally gets my Neo Geo obsession and approves. Besides, the Fatal Fury anime is the reason she and I hooked up, but that's a story for another day lol. Back on topic, I wouldn't mind getting my NGPC super modded at some point or at least filling out my cart collection.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I'm glad I got the NGPC with the game packs at Game Stop when I did. It's such a great system. I just love the control stick on it. It just feels right when you use it. I'd like to get a back light mod. For me I still like SNK Vs. Capcom MOTM over all of the all of the arcade ports. Even though they were limited on what they could do on the NGPC they pulled off an amazing game. The only problem I have is I've never played it against anybody since I never got a link cable or somebody else to play it with.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
yeah, that's quite an esoteric gift for her to track down. very well done on her part.

bcfczulu

Over Top Auto Mechanic
i also got me one of these off my missus, it's boxed in great condition (clear console), and got match of the millennium with it (boxed and complete).:)

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
Moon Jump - Yeah, I'd love to get the backlight mod as well. I'm very likely to be taking my NGPC along with me when my lady and I are heading up to an anime convention or wherever. I would also love to pick up a link cable and find some other friends with NGPC - I can think of at least one near me who has one.

NeoSneth and Flavor - Yeah, I was lucky I found a lady who digs Neo Geo. NGPC is loads of fun so far!

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Here are some games I recommend if you're interested.
Metal Slug 2nd Mission
Faselei
Coolboarders (UK)
Cotton (UK)
Evolution (UK)
Sonic

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
Awesome - I have always heard that the Metal Slug and Sonic games were pretty good for NGPC. I'll have to look into those soon!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
sonic is kinda on the cheap side so mos def pick that one up, but shop around for the MS titles, they go up and down a lot ;)

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave
If you have any friends with NGPCs and a link cable, Card Fighters Clash is a must own.

dude, right!

Card fighters! Capcom(Yellow) and Snk(Blue) both versions I had left this one abandoned but a couple of days ago I picked it up once again.
It's a very entertaining card battle game.

chany60126

Kuroko's Training Dummy
You've got an awesome GF. If you like RPGs, then I recommed Biomotor Unitron. It has Pokemonesque type gameplay where you control this robot, and can buy parts for it. You battle other trainers and journey through dungeons.