best cheap shooters for MVS

Vidfreaky

New Challenger
Hey guys, can you recommend one or two cheap MVS shooters for a new NEO GEO owner?

I've already got Aero Fighters 2 on it's way as I loved that one in the arcade "back in the day". What else should I pick up that isn't too expensive?

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Wrong genre for cheap neo games :-/
AF2 is the only cheap one really, they all are more expensive after that, last resort, pulstar, striker 1945 plus, andro dunos, view point,
I mean some are somewhat affordable like captain tomaday and not sure of the current market price of alpha mission 2, but you really are SOL if you want "cheap"

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
ghost pilot is probably the cheapest mvs shooter you're going to find besides aero fighters 2. you might find zed blade on the cheap if you're lucky, but that's probably it. if you want to expand your neo shooter collection beyond these two games, you need to cash out a little extra.

Vidfreaky

New Challenger
I'm not worried about spending the money for a good game, I just want to figure out what I like first. That's why I've bought a real mix of stuff for my first few titles.

3 Count Bout
Aero Fighters 2
King of Fighters '96
Metal Slug 2
Top Player Golf
Baseball Stars Professional

Just picked up some cheaper ones from across genres to start out with.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Do yourself a favour a get Samurai Shodown II and Fatal Fury Special.

Blazing Star is the shooter I would fork out a little for if I were you. It's a midrange priced Neo shooter.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Aero Fighters 2 > than all other shooters on the Neo.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Aero Fighters 2 > than all other shooters on the Neo.

EyPtua.gif

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
If you've got AF2 you've got the best cheap shmup on the Neo, it's a great game.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I still Need to get af2, I play it on the 161 when friends come over. Too glitch and slow down galore

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
i felt this way about 3 also, but never played the orginal just the version in the 161 cart so i wasnt sure