best 2d fighters on gba?

BIG

sony fanboy
SSF II: Turbo Revival
KoF EX II: Howling Blood

B-

Galford Forever

Krizalids Fashion Designer
I don't think there are any really good fighters on GBA. It's hard to make a good fighter on a small screen with cramped buttons. The only company that honestly did it well was SNK with their NGPC. The stick was fantastic and the games were honestly quite good.

If you're really itching for hand-held fighting, get an NGPC and a few games. You can get that stuff pretty cheap nowadays.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
BIG said:

B-
Exactly. SFA3 is okay, but not as good as those two, and nothing else is even close.

BIG

sony fanboy
SouthtownKid said:
Exactly. SFA3 is okay, but not as good as those two, and nothing else is even close.

SFA3 on GBA fucking blows,man.

I've been dying for a quality port of SFA3 on the go.

B-

aegreatone

Sieger's Squire
Galford Forever said:
If you're really itching for hand-held fighting, get an NGPC and a few games. You can get that stuff pretty cheap nowadays.

been having ngpc, but i wanted to know what good 2d fighters were on gba.

Devine Orochi

Geese's Thug
They're excellent.

Get KOF EX2:Howling Blood, and SFA3. Both which I'm selling on Ebay. Complete and mint. ;)

Galford Forever

Krizalids Fashion Designer
aegreatone said:
been having ngpc, but i wanted to know what good 2d fighters were on gba.

If you know NGPC fighting goodness, you'll be disappointed by anything else out there I think. That's what I've personally found.

The problem with the NGPC is that if you really want anything other than fighting games you're kind of screwed (a lot like it's bigger brother). So I used to find myself bringing a GB/GBA and an NGPC.... :p .

Soniku

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
How do the Street Fighter games work on GBA since it only has four buttons? Do they have that same hold the button down for a split second longer to do a hard punch/kick BS going for them, like in NGP fighters?

Why can't portables just have six frontal buttons? I mean 4 is decent enough, but 2 was just a retarded move for so many years on Nintendo's part... Even NGPC should've had four frontal buttons at least considering the genre dominating it...

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Soniku17 said:
How do the Street Fighter games work on GBA since it only has four buttons? Do they have that same hold the button down for a split second longer to do a hard punch/kick BS going for them, like in NGP fighters?

Why can't portables just have six frontal buttons? I mean 4 is decent enough, but 2 was just a retarded move for so many years on Nintendo's part... Even NGPC should've had four frontal buttons at least considering the genre dominating it...

Yeah, you hold down medium punch for hard punch I think.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
BIG said:

B-

I agree. SFA3 was really bad on GBA and Guilty Gear was okay but really tame compared to its console roots.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Shawn Carr2o said:
SFA3 should be released for the DS since the DS has 6 buttons. :cool: ;)

How about an SFA collection on DS with wifi online and a Vampire/Darkstalkers one also.

Too bad Capcom doesnt think like gamers do.

thund3rs

Rugal's Thug
I'm Surprised one's mentioned tekken advance, this game does well on the little screen. Probably one of the better gba fighters.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I can't decide whether I like Neoblood or HB more. I suppose I lean towards the latter.

Stay the hell away from GGX Advance, though...one of the worst fighters to come out in years.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
BIG said:
I hope it doesn't have crappy controls ala Darkstalkers.....

It was not the game that had crappy controls, it was the PSP D-pad. Hopefully they'll bundle the game with that thingy and solve it.

Back on topic, SSF2TR is the best GBA fighting game IMO.

Moose

Moose,
20 Year Member
Just picked up KOF EX Howling Blood the other day. It is surprisingly nice. Sprites arent butchered bad at all, Controls arent Terrible, and u have the option to use only the face buttons (ala NGPC type controls) Music leaves a little to be desired, and story can be a little lackluster, but presentation is good, and good roster of Characters for a handheld.