Beavis and Butthead Arcade Game

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Galloping Ghost found one - apparently it's one of 12 protos made and was sold at an MTV auction. The hardware seems 3DO based? I guess DreamTR had one of these at one point. I had never heard of it until now.

Here's a gameplay vid:

Pic album: http://imgur.com/a/BQcCu/all

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
I wonder if there is a rom somewhere of this. Looks fun for a Beavis and Butt-head game.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
....and then they put the pipe down and had naughty dog make crash bandicoot instead

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Looks rad hope someone dumps it. Still waiting for Primal Rage 2.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
looks pretty good but i hate the art style

also, anyone know how the Saturn port of Primal Rage compares to the arcade and the SNES/Genesis ports?

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
looks pretty good but i hate the art style

also, anyone know how the Saturn port of Primal Rage compares to the arcade and the SNES/Genesis ports?

It's got MKII syndrome on Saturn. Missing sounds, animations etc...... The best way to play it is either on MAME or scoop up Midway Arcade Collection 2 on the ole' PS2. Perfect emulation and a damn good MKII emulation to boot.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Their Primal Rage 2 is pretty sweet - I played it in a tournament last year.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
It's got MKII syndrome on Saturn. Missing sounds, animations etc...... The best way to play it is either on MAME or scoop up Midway Arcade Collection 2 on the ole' PS2. Perfect emulation and a damn good MKII emulation to boot.

Last I heard, there was some protection that to this day hasn't been cracked on the arcade version of Primal Rage. I think one of its effects it that it locks the fatalities. Is that still the case?

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Last I heard, there was some protection that to this day hasn't been cracked on the arcade version of Primal Rage. I think one of its effects it that it locks the fatalities. Is that still the case?

yeah last time i checked you couldn't emulate an arcade perfect Primal Rage? ANd fuck, I didn't know it was on a PS2 compilation... I always assumed the true version was lost in time

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
yeah last time i checked you couldn't emulate an arcade perfect Primal Rage? ANd fuck, I didn't know it was on a PS2 compilation... I always assumed the true version was lost in time

Also, to further clarify, I believe the protection wasn't broken on that PS2 collection, too.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Also, to further clarify, I believe the protection wasn't broken on that PS2 collection, too.

No I've done fatalities on the PS2 version of Primal Rage.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Looks rad, love Beavis and Butthead!

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Galloping Ghost found one - apparently it's one of 12 protos made and was sold at an MTV auction. The hardware seems 3DO based? I guess DreamTR had one of these at one point. I had never heard of it until now.

Here's a gameplay vid:

Pic album: http://imgur.com/a/BQcCu/all

I remember reading about this in an EGM (or an issue of GamePro) a loooong time ago - I think they showed it at an Arcade trade show.

I think it was one of those things where I LOVED the show, but the console game was absolute dirty assholes so I just dismissed it.