Ballot Question for Legalizing Marijuana

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Well its Friday & i aint got shit to do...

Its been legal here in WA. I dont smoke nor did i ever care to do it. Most of the reason why i was for it was for the state to tax the shit out of it to earn money for healthcare, schools, & other shit they use to improve the state. So far its been bullshit...My property tax went up another $200 this year, schools are still crowded, roads are shit, & cops still trying to pull you over for stupid petty shit. So not really sure where all the money is going. The end of world didn't happen, the fear of drug people going crazy didn't happen. Nothing has change, just the same bullshit.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
Medical Marinuana is a joke, I agree wholeheartedly. I can drink whiskey to numb my pain :keke:

uhmm seriously... it stops seizures for little kids and 'kills' people way less than parmacuticles do . for pain stuff.. it makes you wanna eat instead of eating a hole in your tumtums, like boozze and even assprin do. I've seen nerkological affects of prescription shits be way werse than weeed, and they get paid to push those craps now at hopitals. if it just grows and isn't whack processed refined...LSD! thats what we need!HomerMmmm.jpgpurrpul

Last edited:

nug

B. Jenet's Firstmate
The only thing ive heard is that they might have to get rid of certain edibles that might appeal to children and some people are complaining about that. The small growers have a five year lead before the state will hand out any licenses for larger operations. I think they are just worried about being put out of business. If a state as large as California votes it in, its my hope is that it will help usher it in at the federal level.
This is what I thought. Only bad thing I can really see is it gives cities / counties the option to ban outdoor growing, which would obviously make it much more expensive for the average person trying to grow for themselves.

Marek

Banned
This.

I do smoke myself, although not NEARLY as much as I used to. But I fail to understand why someone would be against legalizing it even if they don't smoke themselves. I know I'm voting to legalize it on Tuesday.

Because weed turns you into a liberal. Liberals are bad. Weed needs to stay illegal. That's definitely why deep red states are fighting it tooth and nail.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I'm 100% for the national legalization of it.

I used to smoke...I wouldn't start up again if it were made legal....but those edibles, I'd be on those like flies on shit.

I'd much rather smoke than drink.

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
They should legalize it in the Netherlands as well if you ask me.

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Because weed turns you into a liberal. Liberals are bad. Weed needs to stay illegal. That's definitely why deep red states are fighting it tooth and nail.

Please. Statists on the left and right want it illegal.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

You make a convincing argument, sir.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
I voted for AZ prop 205. I've never smoked weed, but a lot of my friends do, and it's far less destructive than alcohol in what I've seen.

I looked into the opposition to it first. There's some degree of new regulation - and a couple bureaucratic jobs - that it creates, and the opposition seems to center around those. It didn't seem overbearing to me though.

Also, when I looked into the opposition funding, a significant part of it came from the makers of a synthetic opioid. This made me question their sincerity a lot:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...the-opposition-to-legal-marijuana-in-arizona/
(Sorry about the trashy link - the basic facts are true and a matter of public record.)

Dominance9

Pleasure Goal
I'm confused with this prop. At first, I thought it was a good thing, but I see so many cannabis users bashing it saying it would hurt current growers etc. Not sure if their gripes are legit, or if it's just hype spread by small time growers that are worried they'll be put out of business.

Some worry about it corporatizing the industry. Its a valid concern but it sounds like the CA prop kinda addresses that. There was another prop (in OH I believe) that was not structured well and didnt pass due to this.

I used to smoke, haven't in years, but if it came to our state I would vote for it in a heartbeat. The idea that people are still put in jail for smoking or possessing weed is insane. Its a burden to the prison system and the taxpayer.

Legalized weed should also eventually "help" get rid of this almost automatic prescription of garbage synthetic addictive pharmaceutical pain killers with 20 side effects that turn people to heroin when they cant get more. Certain strains are very effective as pain killers, lets get people on something that came right from the earth not made in some lab that helps line the pockets of some mega corp while absolutely destroying lives.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I'm all for it.

I'm pissed my state got suckered into not legalizing it. Not because i'm a smoker still, I haven't smoked in years. I just think it's really stupid something less dangerous than alcohol, most prescription, and non prescription meds (like tylenol), cigarettes, Mountain Dew, and probably McDonalds is illegal when people are getting drunk, driving drunk, beating up people drunk, and even killing people drunk, + getting diabetes and obesity from fast food.

I have never once seen, in 12.5 years in an emergency room, seen a marijuana addict in withdraw. I have however seen alcoholics die in their 30's from shit like liver disease, and varices. Where their throat basically bleeds until they either 1. Bleed out, or 2. Drown in a pool of their own blood.

I've also never seen a marijuana head on collision, or someone kill themselves high on just marijuana.

To address MJ, --- I also agree PCP is super uncommon. I have actually never seen it in our hospital. Everyone is on meth, alcohol, cocaine, prescription pain meds, and heroine for the most part. Normally the psychiatric people that come in our er have a significant history of substance abuse, and/or MRDD, or some type of learning disorder. Marijuana just adds to the mess. We restrain people on a daily basis.

I work in a pretty large emergency room too. Our entire hospital has over 800 admit beds, 100 emergency rooms, a full blown psych unit, and an emergency psych unit to stabilize people before transport. Today out of 100 bed emergency room, we had almost 20 psych patients, which is insane. It gets worse every year. But my point is people who are psych, are not because they are on marijuana solely. It's that those people are normally on heavy drugs, alcohol, are MRDD, or have a long history of depression long before they ever got high.

If the government was smart, they would legalize marijuana, grow piles of it, and sell it for $100.00 a pound and put it toward something useful, like the national deficit, or schools.

What they should do is when people buy shit like alcohol, fast food, and cigarettes is make them sit down once a year and watch a video of people who fucked up their lives on that stuff. And make them take a test, and pass it in order to purchase shit that kills them.

They could make marijuana videos too with people laughing and eating entire boxes of oreos and drinking squirt (cotton mouths next of kin).

Last edited: