Axunworks RGB to Composite & S-Video black and white

Fulgoreki

n00b
Hi, I bought one of these recently and I can't get color from it. I have tried 3 different scart cables. I'm using it on a Sega Genesis Model 1.
Does anyone have a solution?

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Hi. Rule out the TV, rule out the s-video cable, rule out the Axunworks. The chroma pin on the s-video isn't making a connection.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I had an issue like this and it was a ground issue...

Fulgoreki

n00b
Hi. Rule out the TV, rule out the s-video cable, rule out the Axunworks. The chroma pin on the s-video isn't making a connection.
The TV is fine I have other stuff connected to it on S-video, S-video cable is fine I connected it to my DVD player worked just fine.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Does this work with all Sync types? Genesis 1 can have CSYNC and composite sync. With CSYNC the scart cable can either be TTL voltage level or 75 ohms.

But to me it sounds like a pin isn't grounded like Neodogg/Neo Alec stated

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Help me understand why people use downscalers when upscalers for modern TVs exist

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Is the black+white picture looking okay, aside from being black+white? Can you see patterns or interference that look like the missing color signal? Is the crystal on the board the right frequency for your TV's color system? Is the encoding right?

Fulgoreki

n00b
Does this work with all Sync types? Genesis 1 can have CSYNC and composite sync. With CSYNC the scart cable can either be TTL voltage level or 75 ohms.

But to me it sounds like a pin isn't grounded like Neodogg/Neo Alec stated
I think all my cables are CSYNC. Do you know where I could find a composite sync cable?

Fulgoreki

n00b
Is the black+white picture looking okay, aside from being black+white? Can you see patterns or interference that look like the missing color signal? Is the crystal on the board the right frequency for your TV's color system? Is the encoding right?
Yeah, the picture is perfect besides the black and white.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Anyone try this yet on arcade light gun PCBs? Highly assuming it’s like every converter and breaks the raster sync on the light gun but…never know