Awesomely-funny flash video: ZipperFlash's Ultimate Sonic Fan-fic

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
click here. Dear god, this is one of Shmorky's best. Makes fun of fanfiction, furries, and obsessed Sonic fans. All with superb voice acting.

And for an easter egg click on the right side of the screen at the end of the credits roll.

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
Well thanky you, Dan, that really wasn't fucking funny.

Fun Fact: Nothing from somethingawful has ever been funny. I don't get why so many simpletons think those guys are actually decent comics. :spock:

Arthas

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
So yea umm, that really wasn't funny at all.

Lochlan

Igniz's Servent
DanAdamKOF said:
click here. Dear god, this is one of Shmorky's best. Makes fun of fanfiction, furries, and obsessed Sonic fans. All with superb voice acting.

And for an easter egg click on the right side of the screen at the end of the credits roll.

The animation was really really good, and the bit where the pocky falls on the page was chuckle-worthy.

Overall though, not funny. The writing was terrible. It was like a bad east-coast comedian: lot's of swearing and shouting to carry the "humor".

Still...the animation really impressed me. Worth it just for that, IMO.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
well, keep in mind it isn't parodying Sonic itself for the most part but rather the slew of fanfiction writers that write about him.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
That's the most retarded thing I've ever seen.

Radiac

Mr. Big's Thug
Hilarious.

DanAdamKOF said:
well, keep in mind it isn't parodying Sonic itself for the most part but rather the slew of fanfiction writers that write about him.

A point missed by all, i'm afraid.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
I didn't bust up about it, but it was pretty funny.

But it's meaning may be lost on people who know nothing about furries, 4chan, or Sonic Fanfic writers.

I think this one picture here made me laugh more however.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
soulthug said:
Well thanky you, Dan, that really wasn't fucking funny.

Fun Fact: Nothing from somethingawful has ever been funny. I don't get why so many simpletons think those guys are actually decent comics. :spock:
thuggles, you made a valid and 100% true point. thank you.

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
Radiac said:
Hilarious.

A point missed by all, i'm afraid.
No, no, i "get" it, it just isn't funny, for fucks sake.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
soulthug said:
No, no, i "get" it, it just isn't funny, for fucks sake.
it isn't funny at all. it's just bad drawings of sonic and crew cussing. not funny.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
DanAdamKOF said:
That's kinda the point, being crude...
yes but being crude doesn't equal being funny.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
yes but being crude doesn't equal being funny.
That's not what's funny about it, it's making fun of the assumption that cursing is always funny. The art looks bad on purpose since its making fun of amateurs.

edit: wording that better, it's making fun of the fact that people find that stuff funny. It does that at the end with the "random" bit too.

I guess it's a bit too topical...

Last edited:

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
too me it just seems like they tried too hard to make fun of fanfic people and amateur animators without putting in any sort of jokes or humor. they tried too hard and didn't pull off much more than stuff that looked like it was done by a young childhood era bob camp (ren and stimpy man) before he'd refined his style.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
too me it just seems like they tried too hard to make fun of fanfic people and amateur animators without putting in any sort of jokes or humor. they tried too hard and didn't pull off much more than stuff that looked like it was done by a young childhood era bob camp (ren and stimpy man) before he'd refined his style.
Actually it isnt making fun of amateur animators by looking like that, its just being crude to make fun of fanfiction.