Aussie Neo noob saying hello.

Thamiel

Mr. Big's Thug
Hey lads,

First time Neo owner here just dropping by to say hello, grew up with the usual suspects (NES,SNES, PSX, etc.) but always drooled over Neo stuff which was always waaaaayyyy out of my price range.

Times change and my first Neo item arrived last week. A Japanese top loader NGCD with about 6 games, loving it so far but the carts have a bit more appeal to me so I ordered an Omega CMVS and a few MVS carts that should be here in a couple weeks. Went the CMVS route as i'm more a gamer than a collector, the AES route is a little intense for me haha.

Anyway, looking forward to being a little more active on these forums after lurking for a year.

Cheers!

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Welcome!

Theres plenty of aussie hate on this forum, some think we're all racist bigots who catch kangaroos with recyclable shopping bags ( which is kind of true) dont let it bother you too much though and if it does just tell em to FUCK OFF!

Nice choice on the Omega cmvs, i have an analogue interactive one. Where in this great land are you from anyway?

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Hey mate, welcome.

+1 to what theMot wrote.

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
Welcome from me too!! What part of Australia? Im in SE QLD...

Better late than never on getting the NEO-GEO, i had an AES in about 93, sold it in about 95. Got an MVS 4 slotter in 99 and got up to about 50 carts, but the last 3 years ive been replacing them all with home carts. Got about 70 so far, have sold off a fair few of my MVS carts. Also got the same CD machine you have, 2 AES consoles, and 3 MVS machines.

Thamiel

Mr. Big's Thug
Welcome!

Theres plenty of aussie hate on this forum, some think we're all racist bigots who catch kangaroos with recyclable shopping bags ( which is kind of true) dont let it bother you too much though and if it does just tell em to FUCK OFF!

Nice choice on the Omega cmvs, i have an analogue interactive one. Where in this great land are you from anyway?

Sounds about right to me haha, we can just terrorize them with tales of the legendary drop bears...

I'm down in the South East suburbs of Melbourne, where in Sydney you from?

Welcome from me too!! What part of Australia? Im in SE QLD...

Better late than never on getting the NEO-GEO, i had an AES in about 93, sold it in about 95. Got an MVS 4 slotter in 99 and got up to about 50 carts, but the last 3 years ive been replacing them all with home carts. Got about 70 so far, have sold off a fair few of my MVS carts. Also got the same CD machine you have, 2 AES consoles, and 3 MVS machines.

That's pretty full on man haha! I love the look of the NGCD and the Control PAd is brilliant but the load times are killing me, hence the CMVS purchase. Looking forward to having a pile of obscenely large carts to get stuck into. Actually I think that's what I like about Neo the most so far, I can just pick up and play for 20 mins and then put it back down. I've always been an RPG guy so the Neo is quite a change.

Last edited:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Im in south west sydney, when you hear on the news about the shootings, armed robberies and drug busts. Thats around where i am.

What rpgs are you into? I used to import rpgs for the snes back in the day.

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
Yeah the loads on some of those later KOFs are killers for sure ;)

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
noobz.jpg

Welcome aboard, y'all.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Welcome!

Theres plenty of aussie hate on this forum, some think we're all racist bigots who catch kangaroos with recyclable shopping bags ( which is kind of true)

You make it sound like its a bad thing.

Thamiel

Mr. Big's Thug
Im in south west sydney, when you hear on the news about the shootings, armed robberies and drug busts. Thats around where i am.

What rpgs are you into? I used to import rpgs for the snes back in the day.

I prefer Strategy RPGs, FF Tactics, Growlanser, Tantics Ogre sort of stuff. Recently been playing through some classics I missed, halfway through FF6 at the moment with FF7 (never played it!) next in line. Though I got distracted with Kingdom Hearts 1, should have finished that by now but i've gotten addicted to the coliseum sidequests.

JammaGuy

Previously I-d-o-s-k-8
Welcome yo. Pay no attention to teh drama and take nothing seriously lol.

-Bill

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Welcome to the fold. Watch out for that kidpanda guy. He will take all your pulstars.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Welcome to the forums Thamiel from another fellow Aussie. :)

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Welcome Thamiel! Nice to see another aussie Neo Freak! :) I've got an Omega too, so enjoy it dude! Please mark your welcome by posting a photo of you headbutting a kangaroo...with a handstand. :P

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
¿ʇɥƃıɹ 'ǝɹǝɥʇ uʍop-ǝpısdn sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌƎ ˙sǝıssnɐ ǝɯoɔlǝʍ 'ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇıƎ ¿ʇɥƃıɹ 'plo ɹɐǝʎ ɐ sı pɐǝɹɥʇ sıɥʇ ǝzılɐǝɹ llɐ noʎ

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
¿ʇɥƃıɹ 'ǝɹǝɥʇ uʍop-ǝpısdn sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌƎ ˙sǝıssnɐ ǝɯoɔlǝʍ 'ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇıƎ ¿ʇɥƃıɹ 'plo ɹɐǝʎ ɐ sı pɐǝɹɥʇ sıɥʇ ǝzılɐǝɹ llɐ noʎ

Nicely done. :lolz: I thought the same thing while reading through this thread. Apparently everybody else failed to read past the first post.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I noticed it was posted beginning of August. So...?

Your realisation is five days late.