Atomiswave wont work on my LCD TV, Suggestions??

JustinS

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Im using a supergun, when I hook up my Atomiswave to my
Samsung LCD TV or my Toshiba LCD TV I get nothing. (no signal recognized)

when I hook up to my LCD Computer Monitor it works just fine.

Do you you think the HD Box Pro will be able to convert my signal
so I can use it on a at Standard LCD Television?

Let me know if you have any Ideas or suggestions.

Last edited:

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
So every other type of mobo you hook up works with those TVs? I had a similar issue with PGM boards where it would not sync with my Samsung LCD. Oddly enough what solved the issue was removing the sync cleaner from the supergun. Once I took that out I got a picture with no problem. Samsungs seem to be pretty picky about sync so using a different convertor could make a difference.

JustinS

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I didnt build the Supergun. Im afraid to take it apart. how difficult is it to remove the sync cleaner?

All I know is that when dipswitch 1 is on it runs at 31khz.

When I hook it up to a PC monitor the display says its displaying at 640x480 at 60khz.
Im surprised that the TV can handle the signal. it should sync up.

I am not sure if the Atomiswave is sending a signal that the HD Box Pro will recognize?

Last edited:

subbie

Baseball Star Hitter
Are you going through a Jamma supergun or are you trying to run the video through the VGA ports on the Atomiswave to your TV? Are you sure you're setting it to 31khz mode?

It's possible your TV might not support the required resolution to work. Also I don't know how it is for Atomiswave (I no longer have one) but for my Namco 256 stuff, I have to flip an extra DIP for it to work on my Sony HDTV vs my Dell PC LCD monitor.

-edit-
I saw the atomiswave manual, seems only has 2 dip settings (15/31 & service mode). =/

Oh also if you want a cheap alternative that will work. Pick up one of the CGA/VGA->VGA PCB off ebay. I have one and while the quality is not perfect, it's good enough and will run any 15/24/31 res on a TV/PC monitor.
http://cgi.ebay.com/CGA-EGA-YUV-VGA...0621719104?pt=Video_Games&hash=item3cae43d640

Last edited:

jeffkun34

20 Year Member
We would need pics of the inside of the supergun. Your supergun may not even have a sync cleaner. It could be the type of RGB converter being used causing this as well. I assume you have tried running it in both 15 and 31khz modes already?

Also, are you using the vga out straight from the atomiswave to the vga in on the Sammy, or are you using the component out from the supergun to the Sammy?

EDIT: Subbie beat me to my own questions.

Last edited:

JustinS

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
thanks for the posts.

I am running it like this....

The Supergun provides power to Atomiswave and Dipswitch 1 is turned on
the Atomiswave motherboard.

Atomiswave > VGA out > LCD TV

(Dipswitch is definately on, it works just fine on a PC monitor.
I doubt it would display on the PC monitor if it wasnt working in High Res.
PC monitor says it is displaying at 640x480)

the supergun does have 3 color pot knobs R/G/B that work great while using the Component out method for other games.

JustinS

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Oh also if you want a cheap alternative that will work. Pick up one of the CGA/VGA->VGA PCB off ebay. I have one and while the quality is not perfect, it's good enough and will run any 15/24/31 res on a TV/PC monitor.
http://cgi.ebay.com/CGA-EGA-YUV-VGA...0621719104?pt=Video_Games&hash=item3cae43d640

Thankyou,

I have been told on Shmups.com that the HD Box Pro is actually the exact same device inside the case as the one you mentioned above.
I ordered one and will test it as soon as it gets to me.

subbie

Baseball Star Hitter
thanks for the posts.

I am running it like this....

The Supergun provides power to Atomiswave and Dipswitch 1 is turned on
the Atomiswave motherboard.

Atomiswave > VGA out > LCD TV

(Dipswitch is definately on, it works just fine on a PC monitor.
I doubt it would display on the PC monitor if it wasnt working in High Res.
PC monitor says it is displaying at 640x480)

the supergun does have 3 color pot knobs R/G/B that work great while using the Component out method for other games.

Sounds like your TV might not support the output signal. (sure it's 640x480 but it might be doing something with the signal that your TV doesn't like. like for me my PC LCD monitor & HDTV won't work with a namco system 246 but will a namco system 256 yet a PC LCD at work would work with my 246).

Is your PC monitor an LCD or CRT?

JustinS

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Sounds like your TV might not support the output signal. (sure it's 640x480 but it might be doing something with the signal that your TV doesn't like. like for me my PC LCD monitor & HDTV won't work with a namco system 246 but will a namco system 256 yet a PC LCD at work would work with my 246).

Is your PC monitor an LCD or CRT?

Its an LCD Monitor

I hope the HD Box Pro will do the trick

subbie

Baseball Star Hitter
Its an LCD Monitor

I hope the HD Box Pro will do the trick

it should, but there will probably be a small drop in quality. =(

even so, running JVS stuff on a HDTV is fantastic. I love playing Gundam Vs Gundam Next on my 40"

JustinS

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
it should, but there will probably be a small drop in quality. =(

even so, running JVS stuff on a HDTV is fantastic. I love playing Gundam Vs Gundam Next on my 40"

How much of a drop in quality would you say?

scale 1-20 and 20 being the best. What quality can I expect from the HD Box Pro do u think?

jeffkun34

20 Year Member
The drop in quality will be noticeable but not horrible. Hard to put a number on it.

How did you like the PGM2 stuff BTW? If you want we can still leave each other feedback as that never happened originally.

JustinS

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I was curious if the HD Box Pro would clean up the signal so my Samsung and Toshiba LCD TVs could be used with it.
I am sure some members can verify if this is the case.

*Jeff. if you want to exchange feedback its more than fine with me. I was the buyer and paid you within a few mins of our agreed terms. PM me if you want to discuss it.