Atomiswave Questions?

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
I'm about to be picking up an Atomiswave MB + game cart and I've got a couple of basic questions for those who already own one.

First off, from what I understand the Atomiswave MB has a VGA out so it can be hooked into a computor monitor. So am I correct in thinking that I could hook up my supergun(for controlls and power) to the Atomiswave and go VGA out to a computor monitor for video? If so is the quality of the video good on a computor monitor?

I also have heard that the AW MB outputs a low res video mode as well, could I then just hook it upto my supergun and play it on TV? I've heard the low res mode is very bright, is anyone else out there using one of these with a setup like this?

Is there anything else I should be aware of before I pick up this set, I would hate to get it only to find out I can't use it with any of my setups.

Any info is much appreciated :D

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
Some monitors are not compatible with the AW VGA output. Someone started a survey thread a while back which listed some working and not working models.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Cool guys, I've got a MAS gun I'm planning on hooking the AW upto. I might fix up something custom though if I end up using it with a monitor. If I made a custom gun I wouldn't need to add a Jork as video will not be used in the supergun. So that would just leave me with controls and power if I'm thinking about it right.

msu89dawgs

Hardened Shock Trooper
I briefly had an Atomiswave with Dolphin Blue; I used it with a SuperNova hooked to a TV, and the picture quality (and brightness) seemed fine. Never tried it with the VGA output. The picture quality should be much better with a monitor than with a TV.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Bishamon said:
Some monitors are not compatible with the AW VGA output. Someone started a survey thread a while back which listed some working and not working models.

Bishamon..Do you know if that survey thread had any info on Cab monitor compatibility..?

I'm so curious to know if this AW is going to work in my Candy Cab...or Big Red..

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
chris, I woun't expect any problems with a standard low-res monitor...

I had one in my cab (12 year old WG 29" monitor)...

I had to adjust the screen size and brightness but it looked great.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Bishamon said:

That was me, and the list got quite long until the site ran out of people who wanted atomiswaves and actually bought them and tried new monitors,lol..

search the tech forums, it's down there somewhere.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
chris1 said:
Bishamon..Do you know if that survey thread had any info on Cab monitor compatibility..?

I'm so curious to know if this AW is going to work in my Candy Cab...or Big Red..

No, it didn't. It was just computer monitors and VGA. You saw the picture on my cab, so it worked on that one. I will try it on my new cab when it comes. I am 100% pos. that the reason it was upside down had nothing to do with the atomiswave and was all my monitor. Also, tomarrow I will get the extra ground stuff and install that to see if I get the controls working. I am pretty sure that it was just a lack of ground going to the 55 pin.

Not sure what type of monitor I will have in my cab though. If you cab has all 8 ground wires in place and is jamma, it should be fine. That's my guess, but you've seen how my luck has gone with the AW,lol...

I seriously think it's just that one ground wire though for the controls.

Another reason I wish we lived closer, I could just drive my AW on over to test it out.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
norton9478 said:
chris, I woun't expect any problems with a standard low-res monitor...

I had one in my cab (12 year old WG 29" monitor)...

I had to adjust the screen size and brightness but it looked great.

Great ...

I have WG in the Big Red......

Thanks..norton9478

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
NGT said:
No, it didn't. It was just computer monitors and VGA. You saw the picture on my cab, so it worked on that one. I will try it on my new cab when it comes. I am 100% pos. that the reason it was upside down had nothing to do with the atomiswave and was all my monitor. Also, tomarrow I will get the extra ground stuff and install that to see if I get the controls working. I am pretty sure that it was just a lack of ground going to the 55 pin.

Not sure what type of monitor I will have in my cab though. If you cab has all 8 ground wires in place and is jamma, it should be fine. That's my guess, but you've seen how my luck has gone with the AW,lol...

I seriously think it's just that one ground wire though for the controls.

Another reason I wish we lived closer, I could just drive my AW on over to test it out.

..Yea..that would be cool..

Waits for Eric to get his New Candy cab...Congrats again my friend.. ;)

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
well, I don't know if it's the 8 ground wires anymore...I put the wire in my cab and still have no controls. Then, I put a 3 button game with a US cps2 motherboard, and STILL NO CONTROLS :annoyed: I HAVE NO CLUE!!! But I know it's the cab, and not the AW....then I hook back up the Asia cps2 and bam...everything is 100% :annoyed:

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
NGT said:
well, I don't know if it's the 8 ground wires anymore...I put the wire in my cab and still have no controls. Then, I put a 3 button game with a US cps2 motherboard, and STILL NO CONTROLS :annoyed: I HAVE NO CLUE!!! But I know it's the cab, and not the AW....then I hook back up the Asia cps2 and bam...everything is 100% :annoyed:

Somethings not right..
Is there somewhere to get a comparision of harness wiring for each CPS2 board..?
To use as comparison..

Any dips or settings need to be changed within the boards to set up for 3 buttons..?

How many buttons are actually going to the kick Harness..?
With a 3 button game the Kick harness isn't used yes..?Just curious..

Who any info be here..?

http://www.crazykong.com/

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
I have no clue why another cps2 game wouldn't work. The game came on, but the controls didnt work. It's just weird. I am at a loss......

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
NGT said:
I have no clue why another cps2 game wouldn't work. The game came on, but the controls didnt work. It's just weird. I am at a loss......

Eric..
What games are they..?

So I can look for some info on them..

Neorichieb1971

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Kick harness supports 3 buttons.

The top 3 buttons should work fine at all times if the game supports it.