Atomiswave Fist Of The North Star screenshot?

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
YES! Some more AW games that are coming out that look cool! If they don't fuck this game up, it should help the Atomiswave be a little more successful.

Btw, why get all bent out of shape cus a character's legs are too long, it's anime, lots of features are exagerated, also depending on the artist, some body parts are more exagerated than others. Look at eyes and noses in anime, some have HUGE eyes, some have narrow squinty eyes, some have a little nub for a nose, some have huge noses. Just different drawing styles.

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
Tung Fu ru said:
Btw, why get all bent out of shape cus a character's legs are too long, it's anime, lots of features are exagerated, also depending on the artist, some body parts are more exagerated than others. Look at eyes and noses in anime, some have HUGE eyes, some have narrow squinty eyes, some have a little nub for a nose, some have huge noses. Just different drawing styles.
That wasn't my point. I know anime proportions are off... I just meant proportions in this game seem different from the Hokuto No Ken manga / anime, while such games usually try to be loyal to their roots when it comes to style and all...

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Hmkay said:
Anyway, it doesn't really matter... I just hope the animation and gameplay are good. Where did you see there would be 10 characters in the end ? I was hoping for more, since I read there was "a bunch" of blank squares in the character selection screen...
neo-arcadia.com
* Il y avait 7 personnages jouables: Kenshirou, Raoh, Toki, Jagi, Shin, Rei, Yuda. Il y avait de la place pour encore 3 personnages sur l'écran de sélection donc il pourrait y avoir seulement 10 personnages en tout.
3 blank spaces.

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
Great news that Arc is doing this game! :D This is a game that will force me to buy a Jap PS2 if they don't release a US port of it...

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
DevilRedeemed said:
neo-arcadia.com
* Il y avait 7 personnages jouables: Kenshirou, Raoh, Toki, Jagi, Shin, Rei, Yuda. Il y avait de la place pour encore 3 personnages sur l'écran de sélection donc il pourrait y avoir seulement 10 personnages en tout.
3 blank spaces.
Hmm okay... That seems to mean there won't be any "post-Raoh" character... (Falco, Hokuto Ryu Ken characters and stuff)

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
You know what. For artistic purposes, this game can succeed in two ways. Either it would be great, or it will be the worst. Either way, your head will likely explode, when you play it.

Tom

The Frog of Genjuro,
Wow, this looks great. I hope it hits Arcades in the US. I can only hope at some point for a console release down the line.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
holy crap, prayer does work...
:eek:

I don't know how, I don't know where, but I will find a cab of this when it gets released

Hmkay said:
Hmm okay... That seems to mean there won't be any "post-Raoh" character... (Falco, Hokuto Ryu Ken characters and stuff)
lunatic fanboys like me would say that those characters will be for the eventual sequel after how successful the first one will be...
:D

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
Kazuki Dash said:
lunatic fanboys like me would say that those characters will be for the eventual sequel after how successful the first one will be...
:D
I was thinking the same... :p

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I'm not sure why they choose to include Yuda on the game. I always thought he was pretty worthless in the show. Kinda gay, too, IMO. Why not Nanto Hakurouken Shu or Nanto Hououken Souther?! Yuda...Ok, whatever. I suppose I shouldn't complain...I've definitely been waiting for a Hokuto no Ken game for awhile now.

Almost makes me want to buy a SuperNova so I can play it on a supergun when it comes out. The one I have now is just standard JAMMA.

Jon

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Jon said:
Almost makes me want to buy a SuperNova so I can play it on a supergun when it comes out. The one I have now is just standard JAMMA.

The Atomiswave is standar JAMMA too, it should work in your supergun as long as you have 5 buttons wired.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
DevilRedeemed: What little I could get from that link mentions stuff like lifebars reminiscent of Vampire Savior(?) and some gameplay qualities from Guilty Gear (I think I saw them mention Gatling Attack. Air Launcher, and Faultless Defense among others)...

but rather than me making crazy guess-timates I'd like to humbly request the aid of someone like beelzebub or Dash no Chris for a much more accurate reading...

Jon said:
I'm not sure why they choose to include Yuda on the game. I always thought he was pretty worthless in the show. Kinda gay, too, IMO. Why not Nanto Hakurouken Shu or Nanto Hououken Souther?!

Jon
People are already speculating that Shuu and Souther could be good candidates to occupy 2 of those 3 blank slots...
:buttrock:

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
About that "long legs" thing...
Tetsuo Hara (Hokuto No Ken manga artist, of course) always drawn incredibly
long legs on purpose, it's a trick to make characters and action scenes feel
more "dynamic". He said he learned that trick from Captain Tsubasa
author Yoichi Takahashi.

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
Kazuki Dash said:
DevilRedeemed:People are already speculating that Shuu and Souther could be good candidates to occupy 2 of those 3 blank slots...
:buttrock:
Yeah, seems like logical choices... And for the last slot, they might put that fatass working for Shin, Heart. He's been featured him in both Hokuto no Ken 6 and 7 for SNES... Unless they go for another fatass: Fudo. o_O

They might also want to put a chick in, despite the fact they're all weak in the manga, just for the sake of not having a "100% males" roster... *shrugs*

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Ok, here is a super rough translation in 10 minutes. Sorry for the glaring errors and mistranslations. I think this gives a good idea of what the game is going to be like though. CygL (I think thats his name of the author) made a really detailed loc test report.

From the japanese site
-Characters are high res like Guilty Gear
-Original Anime voices used
-It’s not known whether it will use the card or not, it didn’t work at the loc test
Here are the playable characters at the test:
Kenshirou, Raou, Toki, Jaki, Rei, Shin, Yuda

There were three more characters that couldnt be used, making it a total of 10 default characters.
(Maybe they will include Shu, Sauza or Amiba???)

Game System
-Button setup is like KOF, plus a boost button
-Life damage is similiar to Vampire savior. (How it goes down, but if you wait a while some of it comes back.)
-There is a Boost gauge (Perfect Gaurd, Boost Cancel) and an Oora Gauage (Im guessing thats ORA!ORA!ORA!) that can hold up to 2 stocks, to be used for special moves.
-The game has gattling combos just like guilty gear, Double Jumps, Air Dashing, Air Guard,
- You can do an Ariel attack (I’m guessing this is like a knock up, or an air combo or something, エリアル) but can’t hit opponents on the ground
-Weak Punch+Weak Kick gaurd crush ?? (not sure)
-Strong Punch+Strong Kick, knock up, follow up by pressing up after
-While Guarding press boost button for perfect guard
-Press any button when you get knocked down to spring back up
-During normal attacks you can push the boost button to cancel them (sounds a lot like the roman cancel system)
-For each character 2 3 6 + strong punch and strong kick gets you a FINISHING MOVE
-Boost + 66 while gaurding does some sort of dash (author inserts a question mark)
Kenshiro has a bunch of regonizable moves from the comic
Rau can’t dash backwards, he jumps back like a kof 94 character
(A bunch of character discusion, moves and stuff from the comics)

Summary of the bottom: The game rocks. It feels like a guilty gear-like Hokuto no ken game.

games_sk

Mr. Big's Thug
It's about time a proper Fist of the North Star beat-em-up is released!
Can't wait. :)

Robert

20 Year Member
OH OH man, this sounds so good.

I don't even care about the characters playable. I'm just happy they kept the moves and the voices from the serie.
I'm also excited about the finishing moves, I hope they will make something that look like the master system HNK game.

krakov

Armored Scrum Object
To bad it´s a GG-style game imho. I guess i´ll never get into that kind of gameplay.

Robert

20 Year Member
krakov said:
To bad it´s a GG-style game imho. I guess i´ll never get into that kind of gameplay.

I was wondering the same but I'm so excited about this game that I can forgive that.

My main problem is about double jump, which sounds so much un- hokuto.
But I can live with that.

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
Robert said:
My main problem is about double jump, which sounds so much un- hokuto.
It may be fitting if only Nanto characters could double jump.

Arcader

New Challenger
This game looks really really good, I hope more games use this sort of graphics style.