Athena moves help

SlickDizzy

Mr. Big's Thug
I'm currently teaching myself to get better with Athena. Most of the strategies I read tell me to rape her Phoenix Bomb (d+B in air) but I can't seem to get the goddamn move to work. I keep trying but all I get is a less-than-stellar downward kick. Also, when a move refers to a half circle, where do I start? For a half circle forward, do I start from back and circle to forward, or do I start from up and circle to down or what? What about a HCB?

Now Loading

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Start from forward, and move the joystick to down forward, down, down back, back. Although the only HCB move Athena had was her projectile reflector from 94-96 I think? I don't remember her having Pheonix Bomb those years.

SlickDizzy

Mr. Big's Thug
Thanks. The HC's were more of a general question, but my trouble with her Psycho Shoot prompted me to ask.

So any ideas on why I'm having trouble with the Phoenix Bomb?

Now Loading

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
After you jump, hold down on the joystick and press B. I've always held down, instead of just tapping both at the same time.

SlickDizzy

Mr. Big's Thug
Hrm. Not working. Just to make sure I'm not a stupid retard, what happens when I do it is Athena does a donward kick and the opponent gets knocked backwards and on the ground, while Athena does a backwards flip to her original position.

Is this what I should be doing?

sQuareh4t3r

formerly "sQuareh4t3r", then "MacGuffin", now "sQu
This is a pretty ambiguous quesion. Exactly which KOF are you playing? That might help us help you.

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
SlickDizzy said:
Athena does a donward kick and the opponent gets knocked backwards and on the ground, while Athena does a backwards flip to her original position.

Isn't that what's supposed to be happening? I thought the Phoenix Bomb was the just the flying butt attack...