Athena game for ps1

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
IMG_20231012_171241494.jpg
I own the game.
It's different for sure.
It was made by the same people who did Pulstar/Blazing Star, and the NGPC Biomotor games.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
The plot takes place in 2018, a futuristic version of Japan where they’ve cloned dinosaurs and set up an underwater theme park.

That caught my attention

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
This game is funnily bizarre. You can tell by this point SNK was really grasping at straws to diversify away from arcade games.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Cool Cool Toon anyone?

Edit: Considering Halloween is close I should play it again since I enjoyed the game a lot. A rhythm music game made by SNK was an odd fucking thing back then but to me it worked.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I give them credit for trying to expand their game development to home consoles outside of the AES, and to genres outside of arcade fighters and shooters. This and Koudelka (developed by Sacnoth) were worthy efforts, albeit too flawed and niche to get any kind of traction.

I'd like to see them do this again. Either use a current IP or come up with something new. They need to diversify outside of fighting games.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
This game is funnily bizarre. You can tell by this point SNK was really grasping at straws to diversify away from arcade games.
It's easy to forget now that they were a real legit game developer. They had a real home division back in the Famicom days. They didn't publish their own games during the 16-bit days, but some Takara-published titles were actually developed by a division of SNK.

They were always involved in games for the home market. They just made some poor business decisions that ended their run.