Astro City w/ Neo Question...

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
I am thinking about getting an astro city cab and setting up a four slot in it. I can see the obvious problem of adding a new hole to the cp for the game select button and the fact that that the button layout my not be perfect for neo, but are there are there any other thing that will or may be a problem? Are the power supply and Jamma setup on a Astro City the same as for a Neo or will things such as sound need to be rewired?

Thanks for any help and/or ideas on this to the Astro City owners on the board or those that just might know about them. Thanks! :D

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
Did some searching on this and it sounds like it will work. The issues it seems there might be from my search:

- Will need to alter the jamma wiring slightly for stereo sound.
- Will need to add a game select button if I want one.
- Will need to get a new cp if I want it to be closer to a neo button layout (or drill my own holes)
- Will need to make sure the monitor will run in standard resolution.

If anyone has anything else I should watch out for let me know... Thanks. :mr_t:

Mr-Megalo

Morden's Lackey
if you get a suitable 1 Slot MVS setup - you wont need to alter the wiring, and you will only need to add button 4 if it isnt allready fitted.

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
Mr-Megalo said:
if you get a suitable 1 Slot MVS setup - you wont need to alter the wiring, and you will only need to add button 4 if it isnt allready fitted.

That is an option too, but I would also like to have stero sound... there are some boards w/ stereo, MV-1 and MV-1F but I don't know how well they will work with all the newer carts. Seems like I have heardt hat the MV-1 has some problems, not sure about the MV-1F. I also want something with a socketed bios, both of those boards have it though. :D I have never owned a 2 or 4 slot, but I think that even if you don't have a game button it will cycle through the games so I could just deal with that till I got a button going. :D