Article Featuring Neo-Geo on Huffington Post

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
Last edited:

dosdemon

Zero's Secretary
Honestly nice to see a mainstream article that isn't spazzing out about collectors and YOU MAY HAVE A FORTUNE IN YOUR ATTIC IF YOU HAVE A NEO GEO

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Not sure if article's about Neo Geo.. Or Nintendo?

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
Honestly nice to see a mainstream article that isn't spazzing out about collectors and YOU MAY HAVE A FORTUNE IN YOUR ATTIC IF YOU HAVE A NEO GEO

My sentiments exactly. That's why I thought it was post-worthy.

Oh, and wtf sorry about the broken link.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Weird thing to have a typo on in the chart:
"Ninetendo NES (1986)"

Ray

New Challenger
Of course they had to fill half of the article with babbling about Nintendo...

cr4zymanz0r

Kuroko's Training Dummy
The supposed inflation adjusted prices for video game consoles like the ones shown in the article always feel surreal to me.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
The supposed inflation adjusted prices for video game consoles like the ones shown in the article always feel surreal to me.

My friend owns a used game shop and he told me a couple weeks ago that Super Mario/Duck Hunt is worth $15-$20. My head exploded and I couldn't get over it for an hour. He said "it's a system seller." Any world where SMB/DH is worth more than 99 cents is one I don't wanna live in.

Fuck, I wonder how much Combat carts are worth now?

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
My friend owns a used game shop and he told me a couple weeks ago that Super Mario/Duck Hunt is worth $15-$20. My head exploded and I couldn't get over it for an hour. He said "it's a system seller." Any world where SMB/DH is worth more than 99 cents is one I don't wanna live in.

Fuck, I wonder how much Combat carts are worth now?

Game shop + Mario = Mario tax

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
"Ninetendo NES (1986)"

There are a few typos in the article too, lazy stuff.

Universal inflation adjustment is always shaky grounds to discuss prices of an individual sector, consumer electronics have been dropping massively in the last decade or more, when you consider you can pick up a bluray player today for less than the price of a takeout it puts it into perspective.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
"Ninetendo NES (1986)"
Europe release date? where are they located, I have no idea where Huffington post/writer is located.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
Europe release date? where are they located, I have no idea where Huffington post/writer is located.

God knows. They're stories link to all sorts of sites. Some articles even come from al-jezira (sp?")

xorthen

Banned
I'm just glad I bought all my mvs stuff when I did. Prices have gotten out of control since then.
Yes, most of the good games prices have gotten insane. I guess neo is big all around the world though. We're just one small corner of the neo community.