Art Of Fighting 3 Mvs Kits AT The Neo Store!

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Stifu said:
Wow, I'm getting backed up, that gotta be the first time it happens here. :rolleyes:

Although I'm not sure being superior to AM NeoGeo is that much of a compliment.

Pas du probleme, mon ami.

Stifu > most of the other members who have joined in the last six months

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
there is a big difference between taking care of your games and buying games just to keep them as a collection.

I myself collect games and take good care of them, but I don't keep them there in the closet just to stare at them everyday. and I don't own 314,648,614,387 copies of each game.

really, what's the point of keeping more than one copy of a game, if you are using only one of them. at most, I'll keep a mint+ copy as a collection, and another cart/cd only for playing ....... that's unless it's a rare game.

@ too_short: man ...... woulden't you be mad if I preordered all the SvC (or whatever you like) home carts and burnt them all?

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Actually I *DO* have double copies of some games... NGPC ones.
But that's to play in link mode.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I love Art of Fighting 3. The visuals are tops, the engine is very unique, and the music is the best of all. I really like the smooth animation, I've had several people comment on the looks of the game. If you don't own aof3, you really should pick it up especially if you're not a hard core fighting fan. Aof3 is a bit simpler than other fighters and is pretty easy to get into.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I just don't like the gameplay, neither most of the new characters.

As for gameplay, is it not possible to do crouch + kick to make your opponent fall ? It didn't seem to work for me, my character would just do a shitty kick.
Also, doing crouch + random attack sometime makes your character stand back up then attack, I don't like that either.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Well, I've never liked that game nor the saga, definately it's not worth 95$ at all.

By the way, I find the MVS prices in the neostore to live in another planet. ROTD 44$ and SDB 99$ are very cheap (well, we all know the story on those two), but Shock Troopers 2 165$ and Zupapa 89$ are just insane.

This was supposed to be constructive critic.

KaedesBlade

Bead Banger
Wow $95 for the kit, I didn't know that game was worth that much. I bought my for $45 from Trieuminator months ago.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Zupapa is more recent than Super Dodge Ball, and its price is lower... Just because that kind of games appeal to few people doesn't mean they should make them a lot less expensive.

It must cost about as much for them to make those 2 games, I guess, although I'm no expert in that field.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Stifu said:
Zupapa is more recent than Super Dodge Ball, and its price is lower... Just because that kind of games appeal to few people doesn't mean they should make them a lot less expensive.

It must cost about as much for them to make those 2 games, I guess, although I'm no expert in that field.

Prices are based on supply and demand, so the rarity is much more important than the release date, specially in complete MVS kits.

Super Dodgeball was very rare thus very expensive, but now that a lot of them surfaced in Barcelona and are sold in the Neostore its price has dropped to 99$. However Zupapa has always been a very common title (and it's always sold complete) and you can get it for 50$ easily.

And yes, as I said I also find AoF 3 at 95$ very expensive, specially for a non-outstanding game IMHO.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
However, I think it's quite retarded that some 'collectors' buy a copy of both the Japanese and US versions of a cart.

hey i totally agree. never said i didnt. just i dont see the point in expressing that kind of opinion on a message board unless someone straight out asks me.. "what do you think?"

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Again for those of you who don't seem to understand.
I can buy any x or y game. It is my right and only my
right to decide what to do with the games regardless.

I bought
them I can eat them, burn them, play them, give them away
etc....

Stop this stupid shitty envy and ignorance already.:rolleyes:

AND just for the record, if you don't like the NeoStore prices,
DON"T BUY! easy as that, and make sure to STFU.:glee:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
xtoo_short20x said:

I bought
etc....

Would you eat a U11 if I paid you 1k over the buying price ;)

Anyhow, I don't care what you do to buy as many games as you want. Although I do find it funny how many MSX's you and Tarma own combined.

games91999

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
xtoo_short20x said:

I bought
etc....

i have to say that i started this thread because i like the game and think its worth buying especially BRAND NEW from the neo store. i have to say that i totally agree with xt00_short20x and what he says. i use to collect only and found that wasn't my cup of tea and so now i collect/play, etc. I THINK ANYONE, I MEAN ANYONE, WHO BUYS NEO GAMES (collectible/non-collectible) HAS TO SOME DEGREE BE BUYING THEM TO COLLECT, OTHERWISE WE WOULDN'T PAY THE MONEY WE DO AND BUY THE GAMES WE BUY!! so again, xtoo_short is totally right, buy what you want, do want you want with it and for the last time, PLEASE SOMEONE JUST SAY SOMETHING GOOD ABOUT THE DAMN GAME!! its a good game, buy it, thanks.!!!:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

Underdog

Camel Slug
games91999 said:
I THINK ANYONE, I MEAN ANYONE, WHO BUYS NEO GAMES (collectible/non-collectible) HAS TO SOME DEGREE BE BUYING THEM TO COLLECT, OTHERWISE WE WOULDN'T PAY THE MONEY WE DO AND BUY THE GAMES WE BUY!!

Not necessarily. Ports are usually missing something (no let's not get into the "inferior ports" debate again), someone can consider it worth paying extra to have the original instead of the cheaper versions without any desire to collect.

PS: Less caps plzkthx ;)

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
lithy said:
Would you eat a U11 if I paid you 1k over the buying price ;)

Anyhow, I don't care what you do to buy as many games as you want. Although I do find it funny how many MSX's you and Tarma own combined.

Metal Slug X is an amazing game, and it does not deserve to
be floating around...

Mokum

Real Time User Mokum,
My opinion is that a so called "gamer" should have loads of cash to throw on Neo games. This way he'd discover that collecting Neo games for the only purpose of watching them is plain legit (once more) and it's not stupid.

I know yours is just an opinion but so is mine.

I repeat: I once bought loads of games without playing any, while I' buying only those I'm gonna play now... I felt what a collector feels and how a gamer looks at "collectors" and I just think every way you look at the Neo world is just fucking legit :D

I see there's too much "racism" about collectors... ;)

And, Stifu, trust me: while I enjoy playing the Neo I really have no time to do it...

3.26 a.m. now here... 'nite all ;)

BlindDrunk

Kuroko's Training Dummy
With regards to MVS kit prices, supply & demand.. I see the Matrimelee MVS kit has sold out and that was $365 (If I remember correctly).

And I like the bit on s-c that the home cart Kizuna might be a fake - that would hurt If you had paid the insane price for it.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
Sooooo anyways, Art of Fighting 3 is a badass game. For those of you who don't own it you should. And Shawn is an awesome guy to deal with so it's doubly great that you can get it from him.

KaedesBlade said:
Wow $95 for the kit, I didn't know that game was worth that much. I bought my for $45 from Trieuminator months ago.

Me too...

As for the side debate: I don't really get any joy from collecting, but if someone does then good for them. Too_short's right on that one...if you buy it then you can do whatever you want to with it.

Last edited:

Underdog

Camel Slug
Playing devil's advocate here..

If people who paid for a cart can do whatever they want with it, conversions are perfectly legit. Sure, it destroys a cart, but they paid for it so it's their call right?

Now, I don't think that's exactly true. But someone buying half a dozen of a game for their collection does the same thing as making a conversion: Takes more of that game off the market needlessly.

games91999

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
with all that has been said about collecting and not collecting, etc. THE POINT IS even though some think the price is high, the game is new/complete and A KICK ASS GAME, SO BUY IT FROM SHAWN!!! THANKS:buttrock:

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
xtoo_short20x said:
Metal Slug X is an amazing game, and it does not deserve to
be floating around...

Yeah, it doesn't deserve to be floating around so that other will have a chance to own a copy as well, does it Jorgey? ;) :tickled:

Hopefully I can find myself a copy of MSX when I go to Japan in a few months.

Last edited:

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
mikace01 said:
Yeah, it doesn't deserve to be floating around so that other will have a chance to own a copy as well, does it Jorgey? ;) :tickled:

Hopefully I can find myself a copy of MSX when I go to Japan in a few months.

Hit me up with a PM before you go, me, eight one, and RBJake will give you the Akihabara tour.