Art of Fighting 2

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
MUSOLINI said:
even against hum it isnt any fun. with slow i meant the controls. when you press A it almost takes 1/2 a sec before its shown on the screen. almost as if theres a lag between your neo and your controoler. thats what i meant with shitty & slow controls..

That's why I hate the game. I also can't stand any game where the controls are based around tapping / pushing a button. Why I also hate World Heroes. My AOF2 cart has collected dust for the last 6 months.

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
Abasuto said:
That's why I hate the game. I also can't stand any game where the controls are based around tapping / pushing a button. Why I also hate World Heroes. My AOF2 cart has collected dust for the last 6 months.

If it's Jap, I'll give you $10 for it :D

Seriously though, it's a game of patience and tactics. Definitly NOT a pick up and play fighter. Just a shame many can't see past that and appreciate the quality game that it is.

i really like aof2.

i loved it when it was new and played it every day.

now its fun for an hour but not much longer.

the cpu is extreme easy if you know it.

i'm not a single player fan.

but a good friend of mine still beats the cpu completely perfect.

every enemy falls for some cheap shit all the time you just have to know the tactic.

geese for example doesn't like hienshipu kicks (db f+K) just do 2 in a row the

second hits all the time.

theres shit like that for everyone.

i like the aof series because it has very unique gameplay and i need some alternation once in a while.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Abasuto said:
I take it you also don't like NGPC... you are missing out, imo.

Altered

New Challenger
Geez, I was JUST ABOUT to bring up this game because I love it so much, for the dialogue more than anything. "Mr. Pretender, meet Mr. Reality!" To me, it was a slightly above-average 2P game (desperations are my favorite). This also has, like, the longest ending of any arcade game that I've finished (if you beat Geese). I'm not sure what people keep saying about the controls... it handles like any other fighter from the age.

Altered

New Challenger
Just a reminder: in this game, attacks come out when you release a button, not press it. Holding A or B and letting go results in a heavy attack.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Altered said:
Just a reminder: in this game, attacks come out when you release a button, not press it. Holding A or B and letting go results in a heavy attack.
Your 2 posts just contradicted each other. Tapping or holding down determining the strength of the attack is different than 90% of the other fighters of the time. Only World Heroes was the same (that I can think of) back in '94, and many people weren't crazy about the control on those, either. (I like them well enough)

Altered

New Challenger
Yeah, I almost forgot, which is why I came back. Reading the other posts made me think Mortal Kombat and stuff, which is very different.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
The game is both fun and a bit boring at the same time, when you have a good game its great.. but when u continually lose to the same opponent it gets annoying as shit.

However getting to the secret stage makes it all worth while.

WGolly

Known Scammer. Fook Better Explain Himself
AOF 2 is very good, but I find that I now prefer AOF 1. Its much easier to play and it has better mini games...