Are you a 'Cabinet shaker?'

BlackSpy

Tsrgoihrea,
20 Year Member
I know this is diverting the thread but I hate it when people challenge whithout an introduction. I suck at fighters nowadays but I remember the first time I got to M Bison in SFII at the arcade , half way through the first bout and some chump sticks in 20p and hits the start button.

So very very rude.

Also, I don't shake the cabinet in fighters but I do in driving games.

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
I've never been a cabinet shaker...

But the odd thing is that I've never seen anyone actually do such a thing either. eek!

zorro

Galford's Poppy Trainer
actually I do remember one time a few weeks ago when I played hard on a cabinet (a big screen actually). I was winning and after 10 bouts on cvs2 I was getting kind of tired. so I needed to play harder to crank out the wins. I smacked the buttons harder to get out moves faster, but played with the same finesse I always use on the joystick. anyway I got 18 wins in a row that day. It's too bad I don't have xbox live

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Cnidarian:
Takumaji:

Uh, hmm, I'm always tempted to do so. With all due respect, but I hate, hate, H A T E these guys who think all they have to do is to lean their damn coins against the screen. Screw that, when I'm on a cab, I stay there 'til I don't want to play anymore, and if anyone has a prob with that, they have to remove me by force.

The only exception to this rule is when a game is brand-new, then I will play a credit and leave the machine for the next player, but if it's an older cab, I simply ignore the coin or throw it away.

I had a good # of fights because of this, back then when I was a baaaad 16 yrs old... :)
No offence man, but you would be the type of player I'd avoid facing in the arcades.

There are some people who get a little too into a game, and its just not fun anymore...

Nothing personal, I just prefer a little friendly competition over really serious types.

Its different with those japanese-style sit down cabs, though. You don't even have to see who you're facing when you play. :D
Well, I don't stand on the cab with foam at the mouth and fiercly attack anyone who dares to come near me. If someone asks me to play the next game, I'm more than happy to hand the controls over, but I simply don't like that coin leaning thing. We all have a mouth to talk, don't we.

But that's history, basically. There are only two arcades left in our town, and except for the "rush hours" on Fri/Sat evenings, they're mostly empty.

Cnidarian

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Takumaji:

<strong>
No offence man, but you would be the type of player I'd avoid facing in the arcades.

There are some people who get a little too into a game, and its just not fun anymore...

Nothing personal, I just prefer a little friendly competition over really serious types.

Its different with those japanese-style sit down cabs, though. You don't even have to see who you're facing when you play. :D
Well, I don't stand on the cab with foam at the mouth and fiercly attack anyone who dares to come near me. If someone asks me to play the next game, I'm more than happy to hand the controls over, but I simply don't like that coin leaning thing. We all have a mouth to talk, don't we.

But that's history, basically. There are only two arcades left in our town, and except for the "rush hours" on Fri/Sat evenings, they're mostly empty.
Hah, alright, I understand you.

I'm just used to visiting packed arcades/gaming centers at peak times.

I got into that habit simply because I was tired of having to yell at the top of my lungs to ask someone for a match. The arcades I went to back then were usually quite noisy. Add in crowds of people, and you couldn't hear very well.

If there were only a few machines in a quiet little place, of course I always would ask for permission. Just different environments, I guess.

And sorry to hear about your arcades, I don't have the same problem, but nowadays my old hangouts are always full of the crappiest new dance and driving simulators, I hate it. Not my thing at all.

Oh well, at least I still have the old Chinatown Fair in NYC to go to... :cool: