Arcades in Ohio

Kristoff

Another Striker
Okay, so me and YagamiKun were talking about this some more and came to the conclusion that we probably could have a get together at either one of out places.

Any ideas for a place to maybe get some Neo going for the day?

Yagami, would that guy Russel in the arcade at Eastgate let use use the MVS cab and my MAS sticks? Maybe?

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
We'd have to check and see. I know somebody that can get ahold of him, so I'll see what I can muster up. Be nice though to have some space to relax, not an arcade. That and possibly play some Soul Calibur on the Gamecube and get some classic multiplayer action going in the form of Saturn Bomberman or Guardian Heroes. Prolly end up being at one of our places. We just need to get a head count so we can start planing.

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
Sounds to be shaping up well. I need to drop ya a PM and see about a date/time so I can piss my boss even more and schedule more time off buttrock .

Kristoff

Another Striker
Okay, so local arcade is probably a no go. Anyone in the area have a nice big empty house? I think at the Neo Shodown in Atlanta the used an AV room per the local college. That might be worth looking into.

Anyone else have any ideas?

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Well there is this certian somebody with a projector ::cough cough:: Kristoff. So that might actualy work. Just get some prices and maybe charage a small fee to get in??? Just keep in touch guys and let us know if you have any ideas.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
The best new arcade is in Columbus. Called the Columbus 16-bit BarCade. It's a bar/arcade. I have a ton of pics from last time I went I have been meaning to post. It is all retro stuff. They have super street fighter ii, mortal kombat 3, killer instinct, beer tapper, marble madness, robotron, donkey kong, nfl blitz, ms pac man, nba jam, final fight, turtles II, and probably 20 other machines set to free play. They even sell video game energy drinks for the DD's. Like Pac-Man, Mega Man, etc drinks.

Sadly there is no Neo cab though. Which is a big disappointment.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
On the northside of Cincy, in the mall by Bass Pro Shop there is an arcade called Arcade Legends. They've got a web site that lists the cabs. I think it's $5/ hr or $10 for the whole day. All cabs are on free play except the pins.

Edit-damn you greedo for necro, didnt even see that

Last edited:

Blur2040

Crossed Swords Squire
16-bit is OK, but don't be fooled. This is a bar with arcade games, not an arcade with a bar. Agree that the lack of Neo Geo is a joke. Nobody knows what one is, but everyone has played one. They'll certainly have problems keeping games fresh as it is...and Neo Geo helps. Also, Ladies love dem puzzle bobbles.

Arcade Legends is an arcade/video game store hybrid. I've been there twice...at two locations (they keep moving). It's probably much better for someone who lives in town, can go a lot and get to know the crowd, etc. The games there would be far more likely to appeal to the n-g.com crowd than 16-Bit. Lots of fighters. However, I'm a solitary gamer, mostly, so meh. Gold Star: They'll sell arcade boards/MVS carts. Demerit: Before selling me a copy, they referred to World Heroes Perfect as coming from "a box of janky fighting games." Hiss.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
They're opening up a 16-Bit Barcade location in Lakewood (just west of Cleveland) in the next week or two. It's supposed to be twice the size of the Columbus location and have many more games. I've been anxiously awaiting its opening for a month and a half, but they keep delaying it.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Arcade Legacy in Cinci is a great scene for arcade and console. Tons of good fighting game players go to tourneys there if you're into that. They run Super Turbo tournaments from time to time :buttrock: